Jump to content

DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

 

Message added by PJTierney

Recommended Posts




manos234 said:



I realy liked DIRT RALLY  i have also pre ordered DIRT 4 but what wories me is the amount of  negative comments (2011 graphics etc.) on dirt chanel videos on youtube  i fear that this might have  big negative  impact on the sales of  DIRT 4
in my opinion the advertisement of the game is poor a gameplay video must be released  
thanks for reading



I personally think the game's graphics look superb, all the people saying 2011 graphics are blind or stupid



Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I heard that it is going to be a new Opel R5 and they are showing it off in Portugal. I'll see if i can find the link

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


I heard that it is going to be a new Opel R5 and they are showing it off in Portugal. I'll see if i can find the link


The striping on the bonnet matches the striping on the Adam R2, even the headlights are roughly the same, the Opel badge in the front grille matches etc, so yes definately an Opel R5


Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Was it confirmed somewhere on the forum that the R5 class is final? This Opel R5 wouldn't be, by any chance, the car they were waiting for to finalize the car list? Opel was in Dirt Rally and is represented again in Dirt4?
Paul mentioned on twitter they were looking to finalize the car list next week, coincidence?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Areyouben said:

This is the assistance park map for rally portugal:






Thanks for doing the job for me :tongue:

Honestly this is why I like R5 better than WRC. It seems to be much easier to get manufacturers to develop cars for it. And it doesn't have any of those stupid homologation rules like the WRC cars 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Yeah indeed, the R5 class is looking to be very interesting. Ford, Peugeot, Citroen, Skoda, Hyundai & Mitsubishi (although unofficial) are already represented and now Opel followed by Volkswagen later this year. That will bring the total to 8 manufacturers, exciting times ahead :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

sqdstr said:

Yeah indeed, the R5 class is looking to be very interesting. Ford, Peugeot, Citroen, Skoda, Hyundai & Mitsubishi (although unofficial) are already represented and now Opel followed by Volkswagen later this year. That will bring the total to 8 manufacturers, exciting times ahead :)


If only there were proper competiton... At least in Argentina, WRC2 was a snoozefest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

tbtstt said:












tbtstt said:
























bogani said:







<3 Beautiful!                                                                                                                      

















I'm glad this version is in instead of the DR one, much prettier front end :)












Have I missed something? This is the Impreza S7 WRC from DiRT Rally, isn't it? 












I had in my head a different design more similar to the 2002 standard Impreza, haven't played it for a while lol. I remember the front looking more like the '03 but with the bugeyes. Man I'm so tired lol






Never attempt to identify an Impreza when fatigued! :smiley:

Exterior shots look exactly like the S7 WRC in DiRT Rally to me. As @Jepsertti has spotted though, the interior has been revised and looks correct now. I wonder if the audio for the S7 WRC has changed as well? 


OFF TOPIC: The bugeye Impreza is widely acknowledged as the worst looking generation of Impreza and, although the WRCar was a huge improvement I still think it's the worst looking of all the WRC Impreza (I'm awaiting a dislike from @Rallycameraman for that line!)...

...having said that, the fact it was the car that Burns won the Championship in and given that the McRae-era Focus is in game, I think the S7 WRC is the perfect car to appear opposite the '01 Focus. Yet another car I can't wait to play with in DiRT 4!


Consider it done!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites




Areyouben said:


This is the assistance park map for rally portugal:








Thanks for doing the job for me :tongue:

Honestly this is why I like R5 better than WRC. It seems to be much easier to get manufacturers to develop cars for it. And it doesn't have any of those stupid homologation rules like the WRC cars 



Apparently this is a load of rubbish, and that's coming from Chris Ingram's dad! Guess we'll find out in a few days time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
@KickUp @xtinamcgrath is the final car u were waiting for an Opel? (Long shot but can't blame a guy for trying :wink: )

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I don't see Opel having given Codemasters an inside look into a car that hasn't even been presented yet. At this stage, I think the list we've compiled is definitive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites










Areyouben said:




This is the assistance park map for rally portugal:












Thanks for doing the job for me :tongue:

Honestly this is why I like R5 better than WRC. It seems to be much easier to get manufacturers to develop cars for it. And it doesn't have any of those stupid homologation rules like the WRC cars 








Oh, it does have plenty of stupid homologation rules for it! But, like GT3, so many places in the world (especially in Europe) accept these cars that it's a genuine opportunity for manufacturers to be able to run a motorsport programme at little to no cost (or at least reduced costs) due to the market for selling cars. 

Obviously that market is fairly saturated at the moment, but if it can expand to Asia or the Americas and keeps developing in Europe, a well run customer programme is a win-win for the manufacturer that does it correctly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


I saw something interesting on FB. There's going to be a new R5 car in the near future!
https://www.facebook.com/rallyemag/videos/10155354984099973/



All he said was there will be a new R5 car.  He didn't imply that DiRT was getting it??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

KevM said:





I saw something interesting on FB. There's going to be a new R5 car in the near future!
https://www.facebook.com/rallyemag/videos/10155354984099973/





All he said was there will be a new R5 car.  He didn't imply that DiRT was getting it??


Indeed, I didn't imply it would be added to the car list of Dirt 4.
Anyone remember Mellors Elliot Motorsport?
They were responsible for the Proton Satria Neo S2000 a few years back. Unfortunately it wasn't a great success.
However they're having another crack at it by developing a Proton for the R5 class: Proton Iriz R5.
https://www.autofreaks.com/motorsports/proton-iriz-r5-rally-car-teased-by-mellors-elliot-motorsport/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


sqdstr said:


Was it confirmed somewhere on the forum that the R5 class is final? This Opel R5 wouldn't be, by any chance, the car they were waiting for to finalize the car list? Opel was in Dirt Rally and is represented again in Dirt4?
Paul mentioned on twitter they were looking to finalize the car list next week, coincidence?




Game is gold, we're not even one month 'til release.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

KingOfCoins said:
And it doesn't have any of those stupid homologation rules like the WRC cars 


I wish the old homologation rules would come back, the ones that allowed manufacturers to build some limited number cars purely to compete. You know, like the original Quattro, Nissan R390, M3 GTR E46 and quite a few more. We would once more see some awesome race cars for the streets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

SamRWD said:

Any chances for free Dirt 4 weekend on Steam?



SamRWD said:

Any chances for free Dirt 4 weekend on Steam?


You can always ask for a refund if you're not happy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

jayp666 said:


sqdstr said:



Was it confirmed somewhere on the forum that the R5 class is final? This Opel R5 wouldn't be, by any chance, the car they were waiting for to finalize the car list? Opel was in Dirt Rally and is represented again in Dirt4?
Paul mentioned on twitter they were looking to finalize the car list next week, coincidence?






Game is gold, we're not even one month 'til release.


That doesn't matter, if I recall correctly (not entirely 100% sure so please do correct me if I'm wrong !!), but even after they announced the game went gold, they were still waiting for the paperwork to be completed.
Someone already asked Christina about a day one patch with stuff that didn't make the gold version of the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×