DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

P308R said:

@KickUp  @ChristinaMc

Wenn Dirt4 launches in the beginning of June will there immediately be a day one patch with fixes and changes that didn't make it before the game went gold?

I was also wondering if after release it would be possible to have a kind of freecam within a certain distance around the car or is that very time consuming and difficult to implement in the EGO-engine and the way D4 is set up?

Last question: In the new "Be Fearless" trailer I didn't see Sébastien Loeb. Was he too hooked on D4 or was it because he was camera-shy? 

1. Yup! 
2. Hard to say at this stage - I would err on the side of caution and say probably not, but it's something on our radar :)
3. We filmed this out at Loheac last year, and alas Seb Loeb Rally Evo got in the way!

Yeeaahhhh if you could just go ahead and include New Zealand and Mexico in that 'Day One Patch'...That'd be Grrrrreat.

KingOfCoins said:
And it doesn't have any of those stupid homologation rules like the WRC cars 

I wish the old homologation rules would come back, the ones that allowed manufacturers to build some limited number cars purely to compete. You know, like the original Quattro, Nissan R390, M3 GTR E46 and quite a few more. We would once more see some awesome race cars for the streets.

Something I've thought about, why aren't there any supercars in rally anymore? (because there used to be some Porsches and even Ferraris), I mean the top of the line rally cars are Fiestas and Polos (yes, I know it's just a shell of that car and not much left of the original, but still). It would be cool to see Aston Martin's and McLarens slinging mud at each other :D 

@Didzis 
Probably something to do with every time you hit a tree it costs a half million dollars.

Didzis said:

KingOfCoins said:

I wish the old homologation rules would come back, the ones that allowed manufacturers to build some limited number cars purely to compete. You know, like the original Quattro, Nissan R390, M3 GTR E46 and quite a few more. We would once more see some awesome race cars for the streets.

Something I've thought about, why aren't there any supercars in rally anymore? (because there used to be some Porsches and even Ferraris), I mean the top of the line rally cars are Fiestas and Polos (yes, I know it's just a shell of that car and not much left of the original, but still). It would be cool to see Aston Martin's and McLarens slinging mud at each other :D 

There's actually the R-GT class for factory sports car, though they only race on asphalt. Porsches are dominating the events, but then again there aren't that many people driving those cars.

When I finally have enough monies to buy an r5 in dirt 4, it will be the toughest decision of my life

When I finally have enough monies to buy an r5 in dirt 4, it will be the toughest decision of my life

I'm with you there. I'm looking forward to all the R5 cars

Do preorders get the i20 directly gifted to their garage or do they just have the opportunity to buy it?
I would actually prefer the latter, as I'd like to play towards the R5 class rather than getting jumped right into it. I also wouldn't have any big incentive to save for a R5 car, as the i20 is imo already the best/most aggressive  looking of the 4 available.

Second question: was it already answered somewhere if the Group B will get their handbrake removed or not?

This one is really cool:

https://www.facebook.com/dirtgame/photos/a.231832723555970.56129.132609796811597/1483223718416858/?type=3

Azoresst said:

This one is really cool:

https://www.facebook.com/dirtgame/photos/a.231832723555970.56129.132609796811597/1483223718416858/?type=3

1 min after posting, Gossip Thread is like multi-social RSS feed with all important news in one place. :D

@Didzis 
Probably something to do with every time you hit a tree it costs a half million dollars.

Any time any rally car hits a tree it costs half a million dollars...

Azoresst said:

This one is really cool:

1 min after posting, Gossip Thread is like multi-social RSS feed with all important news in one place. :D

That is extremely cool!

SkyRex said:

Do preorders get the i20 directly gifted to their garage or do they just have the opportunity to buy it?
I would actually prefer the latter, as I'd like to play towards the R5 class rather than getting jumped right into it. I also wouldn't have any big incentive to save for a R5 car, as the i20 is imo already the best/most aggressive  looking of the 4 available.

Second question: was it already answered somewhere if the Group B will get their handbrake removed or not?

I would also hope that it isn't given to us to own immediately, I'd rather just have it added to the game and available to purchase when I can afford it.

I may be buying the Hyundai first, but I also have a soft spot for Peugeot rally cars (not modern road going Peugeot's though as they suck), and I also quite like the Mitsubishi. Think in game I'd buy one of those over the fiesta

Remember we're driving the historic cars as historic, not as current cars.  Meaning that they will have modern fittings, handbrake, etc.

Also, I understand the car buying process isn't he same as DR, so you can go ahead and buy whatever you want to start, assuming the cash of course :)

Azoresst said:

This one is really cool:

This reminds me of a particular game from a certain developer who is no more. Evolution Studios. Their last set of free tracks had almost exactly the same boat (check Chile and Norway). @KickUp was there some inspiration from DRIVECLUB?

Oscar97 said:

Didzis said:

KingOfCoins said:

There's actually the R-GT class for factory sports car, though they only race on asphalt. Porsches are dominating the events, but then again there aren't that many people driving those cars.

There are usually three or four Porsche 997 GT3's on every round of the Belgian Rally Championship.
Always amazing to see and especially hear them scream by! 

SimVansevenant said:

There are usually three or four Porsche 997 GT3's on every round of the Belgian Rally Championship.
Always amazing to see and especially hear them scream by! 

In the right hands they are competitively fast as well, Romain Dumas was 4th overall before he had to retire in Ypres Rally 2015.

Just thought of something whilst playing dirt rally, not sure if it's been covered.

@KickUp we know the numbers and names on the cars will be on the body not the windows, but in rallycross, will we be able to get our name on the sun visors in the windscreen?

Just thought of something whilst playing dirt rally, not sure if it's been covered.

@KickUp we know the numbers and names on the cars will be on the body not the windows, but in rallycross, will we be able to get our name on the sun visors in the windscreen?

No, sorry. Also on some cars they are on the side windows. 

P308R said:

Azoresst said:

This one is really cool:

This reminds me of a particular game from a certain developer who is no more. Evolution Studios. Their last set of free tracks had almost exactly the same boat (check Chile and Norway). @KickUp was there some inspiration from DRIVECLUB?

No this is actually a location we have been visiting since DiRT 2. 

SkyRex said:

You will have to buy the car but you can use it in freeplay straight away.

We've kept the handbrake. 

KickUp said:

P308R said:

Azoresst said:

This one is really cool:

Nevada is also revisited from Dirt Showdown I believe.

Is the third landrush location a new one or is it another revisited location?

Also have you thought of revisiting other rally locations to perhaps create new Your stage locations in the future? For example making a your stage location out of Malaysia from DiRT2

KickUp said:

P308R said:

Azoresst said:

This one is really cool:

Nevada is also revisited from Dirt Showdown I believe.

Is the third landrush location a new one or is it another revisited location?

Also have you thought of revisiting other rally locations to perhaps create new Your stage locations in the future? For example making a your stage location out of Malaysia from DiRT2

While it is the same state it is a different and new build for Nevada. The third Landrush is in California 

We'd like to revisit a number of locations. 

KickUp said:

No, sorry. Also on some cars they are on the side windows. 

That's a shame, I was watching the replays on dirt rally and thought it would be cool to have my own name up there with all of the others. Didn't realise some had it on the windows though!