DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

The WRC 7 has been announced and the trailer looks just as unimpressive as last year:

https://www.facebook.com/wrcofficialgame/videos/782479978590712/

(Sorry for "off-topic")

Oh, and unless your heard a 3 cylinder engine, it's not the R2 fiesta ;)

If anyone didn't know, that car is the Mitsubishi.

Did it think it looked too bad, but we will wait and see. I can't see the handling being anything on what I've already played of dirt 4 though! Only thing that will tempt me is the cars and locations

I'm so grateful that we will be able to switch to Original English Co-Driver. That Polish codriver is terrible. It's an actor or something, not someone with a co-driving experience.  

"wybój" they've translated a "bump" completely literally. I don't think anyone uses this word to describe a road in pace notes ;)
It also seems more robotic than in original co-driver language. 
Can't wait to hear Nicky Grist in my headphones, will miss @KickUp though ;)

I'm wondering how the co-driver is implemented with YS. Can't wait to take a peek into files - curious if it will be something moddable. 

versedi said:

I'm so grateful that we will be able to switch to Original English Co-Driver. That Polish codriver is terrible. It's an actor or something, not someone with a co-driving experience.  

"wybój" they've translated a "bump" completely literally. I don't think anyone uses this word to describe a road in pace notes ;)
Can't wait to hear Nicky Grist in my headphones, will miss @KickUP though ;)

Yeah Nicky will be awesome, but it won't feel authentic as in DR though. Still much better than anything else on the market :)

So... Is released date 6/9 or 6/6? Game stop says they have a street date for 6/6 which in their terms means set in stone (baring anything major) 

Preordered and paid off. Either way, going to be a great day when I get my copy.

Have we broke the forum?                                               

versedi said:

I'm wondering how the co-driver is implemented with YS. Can't wait to take a peek into files - curious if it will be something moddable. 

I hope it wasn't anyone from rallying community because they would give themselves a bad name after this.
Now that the co-driver calls are being put together from set of samples it might be easier to mod them than it was the case in DR (I managed to do that a while ago. But because it would take ages to translate and swap all of  Paul's recorded calls I gave up and came up with a different idea how to achieve customized co-driver calls).

Nice DiRT 4 livestream going on right now: 

https://www.twitch.tv/deepsilver 

Definitely liking the current state of the game. I'm totally looking forward to this! 

PaloSamo said:

versedi said:

I hope it wasn't anyone from rallying community because they would give themselves a bad name after this.
Now that the co-driver calls are being put together from set of samples it might be easier to mod them than it was the case in DR (I managed to do that a while ago. But because it would take ages to translate and swap all of  Paul's recorded calls I gave up and came up with a different idea how to achieve customized co-driver calls).

Nicky Grist isn't English, he's Welsh ;)           

I think you know I can't agree to disagree so I agree ;) 

KevM said:

Have we broke the forum?                                               

It was the ghost of LOSTVENGEANCE96 haunting us again!

Seriously this is finally some decent stream showing the sim handling and all sort of other things.

Some funny things happening too ;)

Nice bday present, sitting here, sipping **** and hyping myself to death :D

Would it be possible in a near future to add some DLC'S changing some aspects of your stage and getting '' more locations '' for example tightening and making it gravel surface to Spain and making it tarmac to Wales (I think those two options are the most realistic). 

Would it be possible in a near future to add some DLC'S changing some aspects of your stage and getting '' more locations '' for example tightening and making it gravel surface to Spain and making it tarmac to Wales (I think those two options are the most realistic). 

I was thinking of the same thing while watching some footage from Rally Protugal :P 

Gah, so much real footage 'slipped in' there.

... and those NOT in-game Engine Sounds as well -.-

WRC 7 Dev's interview, if anyone interested. I bet those Epic Stages will not be long stages ( 20Km+ ) but instead technical stages, in a Milestone way ( hairpin after a hairpin followed by a hairpin )
http://www.redbull.com/en/games/stories/1331857513190/wrc-7-interview-red-bull-games

www.twitch.tv/videos/144364676
for the people who couldnt tune in, this is the VOD of the stream.

I was pestering them for a view of replay system, they didn't bite.. I understand why (some find it boring) but was hoping..  I almost can't be disappointed with what we may get since the game looks so good at this point.

found a little late bit odd as they seemed to not know what was going off.like not doing joker laps and so on.nice to see footage.

The best part of the stream for me was to hear the sound of the Fiesta R2. The 3-cylinder engine sounded spot on perfect, even the ALS sounded just like the real car. And I'm comparing it to my real life experiences having seen (and heard) a handful of those new Fiesta R2's already!

Well, you've got to take in mind that they were driving with a wheel placed on a coffee table. I was like the guy on gif below. At least we've seen some sim handling :)

e: another one, better describing my feelings :P

I see some cars will have those new LED light bars. Hopefully they'll be a bit more durable than the regular aux lights, I have a habit of knocking those out (especially at the beginning of long stages!).  :D