F1 2020 | KNOWN KEY ISSUES | READ ME!!! Read more... ×

DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

The R2T should sound spot on, it was recorded from an R2T :)

@soundfx can be blamed for awesome mixing in game.

I'm going to love Dirt 4 once I'm able to play it in August.
I'll love driving all the types of cars and stages. The complexity slider will always be quite to the right side.

I was wondering if you'll be able to fully powerslide through an open hairpin with e.g. the Lancer X in Spain?
The guy in the stream wasn't able to do that with the handling settings he was using.
Will you be able to do it with full sim mode?

I'm going to love Dirt 4 once I'm able to play it in August.
I'll love driving all the types of cars and stages. The complexity slider will always be quite to the right side.

I was wondering if you'll be able to fully powerslide through an open hairpin with e.g. the Lancer X in Spain?
The guy in the stream wasn't able to do that with the handling settings he was using.
Will you be able to do it with full sim mode?

+1

One more thing, what is the 'Competitive' mode about?
I couldn't finish watching the stream/video because of loading issues.
Did they play that? Is that where you beat Solberg's and Meeke's times or is that more a Hot Seat thing or is it something else completely?

Hoooooooly s*%t that stream has ramped my hype.
Cannot believe I'll be away from home over launch!!! The FOMO will be unbearable. 

edgenz said:

Cannot believe I'll be away from home over launch!!! The FOMO will be unbearable. 

I won't be home until the 2nd August! Your situation isn't that bad. :cry:

One more thing, what is the 'Competitive' mode about?
I couldn't finish watching the stream/video because of loading issues.
Did they play that? Is that where you beat Solberg's and Meeke's times or is that more a Hot Seat thing or is it something else completely?

Ranked PVP probably.

I can't help but feel a little sad seeing how awesome the ST185 looks in Assetto Corsa and not being able to drive this marvel in Dirt4. Damn you Toyota's licensing body!!!

edgenz said:

Ouch. If I could give you "Sorry, man" points I would.

We'll make sure to tell you how great it is and how much fun we're having, just to keep you updated.  ;)

@BadD0g - if I could flag him for self-abuse, I would.

I like the fact playing in Freeplay Mode nets you money now. 
If I had a dime for every Custom Event i raced in DR....

SimVansevenant said:
edgenz said:

A week and a half is bad, but 2nd August sucks reeeaaal bad. 
I'll open a beer for you on the 16th bro!

BadD0g said:

edgenz said:

Ouch. If I could give you "Sorry, man" points I would.

We'll make sure to tell you how great it is and how much fun we're having, just to keep you updated.  ;)

Untill mid July you are welcome to do so, @BadD0g. But the final two weeks of July I won't be able to read your comments because I'll be too busy driving a Mustang or Camaro through sunny California. That'll surely put a smile on my face and forget about me not being able to play Dirt 4!
I hope I don't bend it like some of the cars I drove in Dirt Rally. That would be a shame.

Etirion said:

www.twitch.tv/videos/144364676
for the people who couldnt tune in, this is the VOD of the stream.

Thanks for posting a link, I was unable to watch it when they were streaming and I would of never found the link.

The game looks fantastic can't wait for June.

It's a good watch, important to note; while they *are* on sim handling, they've got nearly all the assists on.

@SimVansevenant 
Is it a rental? Don't pass on a Dodge Challenger if you get the chance. 

It's a rental and if the Challenger is an option, that's the one I'll pick because it's my favourite modern muscle car.
'69 Camaro is my favourite classic muscle car though.

Whilst i'm watching it, has anyone noticed the excellent crash handling?  By that i mean the way the car rolls more naturally, it doesn't act like a pineapple on its axis anymore :)

Whilst i'm watching it, has anyone noticed the excellent crash handling?  By that i mean the way the car rolls more naturally, it doesn't act like a pineapple on its axis anymore :)

I was a little distracted by the driver screaming bloody murder and peaking the mic every time he crashed, but yes, it looked much better.  :p

@SimVansevenant 

I rather think the challengers (like every Dodge) are rather crap. They look nice, but that's really about it. The new mustangs are actually pretty decent.

A question for @KickUp, due to an unfortunate run in with a wood router and my hand, it seems unlikely I'll be able to play/afford the game at launch. Any chance of getting that special Hyundai at any point?

JZStudios said:

@SimVansevenant 

I rather think the challengers (like every Dodge) are rather crap. They look nice, but that's really about it. The new mustangs are actually pretty decent.

A question for @KickUp, due to an unfortunate run in with a wood router and my hand, it seems unlikely I'll be able to play/afford the game at launch. Any chance of getting that special Hyundai at any point?

Yikes :# Hope you didn't hurt yourself too bad? Its just a hunch but I think they will make it available after some weeks or months. Im pretty sure other games have done this too.

Looks fantastic and it seems a real step up over DR. Well done Codies !!!

@@KickUp the guy on the deepsilver twitch feed said the game comes out on june 6th but steam says june 9th, can you clarify that?

Guy from the stream is making a little AMA over at /r/dirtgame

Hit there if you have any questions, he didn't signed any NDA.

https://www.reddit.com/r/dirtgame/comments/6bme0f/i_have_driven_about_5_hours_on_dirt_4_so_far/

JZStudios said:

@SimVansevenant 

It is likely that it will be available but I don't know when that will be.