DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

One more thing, what is the 'Competitive' mode about?
I couldn't finish watching the stream/video because of loading issues.
Did they play that? Is that where you beat Solberg's and Meeke's times or is that more a Hot Seat thing or is it something else completely?

Competitive Mode is where Pro Tour and Community Events live. 

Pro Tour is ranked ladder based matches. Community Events are the same as DiRT Rally's Daily, Weekly and Monthly events. 

The flare from those light bars looks great.

Beginning of career mode looks really good. The manual and loading screen tips of Rallisport Challenge 2 formed my introduction to rallying. Dirt 4 looks like a substantial step up from that for potentially getting more people into the sport.

dwkGravey said:

The flare from those light bars looks great.

Beginning of career mode looks really good. The manual and loading screen tips of Rallisport Challenge 2 formed my introduction to rallying. Dirt 4 looks like a substantial step up from that for potentially getting more people into the sport.

Cool. We've made a concerted effort to introduce people into the game better than we have ever done before so I'm glad you like the look of it. 

Love waking up in the morning with 40+ new posts in the gossip thread. You know something's up. :)

Except that time when it was 30 posts about water on bumper cam  :s

edgenz said:

Hoooooooly s*%t that stream has ramped my hype.
Cannot believe I'll be away from home over launch!!! The FOMO will be unbearable. 

I won't be home until the 2nd August! Your situation isn't that bad. :cry:

Pfft! I don't finish work on the 9th until 4:30! How do you think I'm going to cope!

edgenz said:

Cannot believe I'll be away from home over launch!!! The FOMO will be unbearable. 

Pfft! I don't finish work on the 9th until 4:30! How do you think I'm going to cope!

May I suggest...Heavy Drinking?  Either that or Thai Chi.

Rygar86 said:

edgenz said:

May I suggest...Heavy Drinking?  Either that or Thai Chi.

Heavy drinking tends to work normally

one thing i noticed in sweden is why is there flagpoles in middle of forrest? there are no houses nearby... it looked a little wierd actually, otherwise its awesome!

Little thing, but I hope you guys fix it that the camera spins around when scrolling through the colors when you make your own livery :D

human1101 said:

@@KickUp the guy on the deepsilver twitch feed said the game comes out on june 6th but steam says june 9th, can you clarify that?

Its for America at 6th. and the rest gets on june 9th
@kickup Hats off, I saw gameplay footage from streming, just great. in every aspect!
quick question :) is there chance we get more up to 2000ccm cars later :)?

edgenz said:

I've already taken a day off that date :P
What's the time (CEST) of release @KickUp ?

human1101 said:

@@KickUp the guy on the deepsilver twitch feed said the game comes out on june 6th but steam says june 9th, can you clarify that?

Its for America at 6th. and the rest gets on june 9th
@kickup Hats off, I saw gameplay footage from streming, just great. in every aspect!
quick question :) is there chance we get more up to 2000ccm cars later :)?

so USA get it on the 6th ? euro on the 9th ? if so i think im off to america for the 6th ;)

sorry had to do it ! USA USA :D

well i know in grid 2 it was allowed. as i was one of the first to play the game by doing so ;)

if its allowed in Dirt 4 that will have the same. 3 days difference in this day and age.nope.

Well I'll definitely give it a go! That last week running up to release is going to be difficult and this thread is going to explode!

*Casually adjusts VPN to the US for Steam...* (don't even know if this would work!)

Do you think I could use that to trick Tesco into delivering mine early?

When you choose Sim as your handling and head off to the event that will recommend your difficulty, is that event run with all assists off?

Gonna love Michigan. The roads does remind of Swedish gravel roads a tiny bit. Lovely :)

@KickUp

So who of you nice Americans will accept a donation to gift me Dirt 4 on June 6th? ;)

bogani said:

When you choose Sim as your handling and head off to the event that will recommend your difficulty, is that event run with all assists off?

Gonna love Michigan. The roads does remind of Swedish gravel roads a tiny bit. Lovely :)

@KickUp

So we've picked some appropriate settings depending on whether you choose Sim or Gamer rather than just turning all assists off. Off the top of my head it's just a tiny bit of ABS.  

Also please don't end your messages with @KickUp as it is a complete pain when writing a reply. 

human1101 said:

why the hell do they get it early, that makes no sense at all

It is to do with how their retail industry handles game launches compared to ours. 

KickUp said:

bogani said:

KickUp

So we've picked some appropriate settings depending on whether you choose Sim or Gamer rather than just turning all assists off. Off the top of my head it's just a tiny bit of ABS.  

Also please don't end your messages with @KickUp as it is a complete pain when writing a reply. 

Ah, that's why names pop up while trying to reply sometimes. Thanks for the tip ;)

KickUp said:

human1101 said:

why the hell do they get it early, that makes no sense at all

It is to do with how their retail industry handles game launches compared to ours. 

so will it be fine to use VPN to play Dirt 4 ?