DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

dgeesi0 said:

KickUp said:

human1101 said:

why the hell do they get it early, that makes no sense at all

It is to do with how their retail industry handles game launches compared to ours. 

so will it be fine to use VPN to play Dirt 4 ?

I don't know. 

AFAIK it will be possible to VPN into USA Steam server and predownload it.

It's forbidden to do that from more expensive prices to cheaper, eg. VPN from USA to Russia to buy the game 10% of the price. 

We have to take it to 1000 pages before the release.  Should be easy!

I cant wait to try Michigan, its like Finland but mellowed...

versedi said:

AFAIK it will be possible to VPN into USA Steam server and predownload it.

It's forbidden to do that from more expensive prices to cheaper, eg. VPN from USA to Russia to buy the game 10% of the price. 

You still have to pay with a american registered credit card. I've read up on this solution a bit but it seems like a hassle.

Easiest way is to be gifted a copy on steam bought in Murica 

zissakos1 said:

new gameplay:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkTZGr09d8E

Body is 27 characters too short.

3:28 section looks cool 

Russian steam store price for DiRT 4 is ~ 21 USD, 19 EUR or 16 GBP. So, I can't complain here for a non-simultaneous launch :p

The video is pretty positive. Only concern the "hardcore" boy has if the YourStage makes it also possible to generate the pacenotes in a decent fashion. It will be the difference between a good and excellent rallygame he says. Wasn't the final build and it is the same version they played as the other Dutch website presented last week.

Spain running through a village was great to see and the sounds are really second to none  <3

@KickUp
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/144364676
as you can see in this stream at 00:35:48 there is a flagpole on the right side and the left side there is a mailbox in the middle of nowhere in the forrest, it should be in front of a house.
Is this somthing is going to be fixed? Not a hughe deal but i ask anyway :) 

Job3k said:

zissakos1 said:

new gameplay:

Yeah, very cool! I wasn't expecting to see so many structures so close to the road. That's an awesome surprise, can't wait to give those Spanish roads a blast (and most likely bounce off a few of those buildings!)

nystedt88 said:

@KickUp
<iframe src="https://player.twitch.tv/?video=v144364676&autoplay=false" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen="true" scrolling="no" height="378" width="620"></iframe><a href="https://www.twitch.tv/deepsilver?tt_medium=live_embed&tt_content=text_link" style="padding:2px 0px 4px; display:block; width:345px; font-weight:normal; font-size:10px; text-decoration:underline;">Titta på livevideo från DeepSilas you can see in this stream at 00:35:48 there is a flagpole on the right side and the left side there is a mailbox in the middle of nowhere in the forrest, it should be in front of a house.
Is this somthing is going to be fixed? Not a hughe deal but i ask anyway :) 

I hope so. To clarify on this this is a very old build (more than a month old) so there is a bunch of stuff that has been already fixed.

tbtstt said:

Job3k said:

zissakos1 said:

new gameplay:

Yeah, very cool! I wasn't expecting to see so many structures so close to the road. That's an awesome surprise, can't wait to give those Spanish roads a blast (and most likely bounce off a few of those buildings!)

Yup, the town was very impressive I must say. One thing I'm not very impressed by is the Baja track. It looks quite dated visually compared to the other stuff.

Russian steam store price for DiRT 4 is ~ 21 USD, 19 EUR or 16 GBP. So, I can't complain here for a non-simultaneous launch :p

****, how?!

Nah, just regional steam prices. Easy way to get rid of piracy and PC market is huge here because of that.
Just for comparison, PS4 and Xbox games costs ~ 70 USD, 63 EUR or 55 GBP.

Village road sections in spain  <3

• Body is 9th too short to be 6th.

hi spec quaestion
will my pc handle DIRT 4 played dirt rally on max
i7 -6700 -3.40ghz
GeForece GTX 950x2Gb
8Gb ram
1900x1080 screen

manos234 said:

hi spec quaestion
i7 -6700 -3.40ghz
GeForece GTX 950x2Gb
8Gb ram
1900x1080 screen

It might not, that GTX950 is slightly weaker than my 7870 and on Ultra I sometimes get dips below 60 fps in DiRT Rally and DiRT 4 is probably going to be a bit more demanding

Etirion said:

Little thing, but I hope you guys fix it that the camera spins around when scrolling through the colors when you make your own livery :D

This was an old build and has already been fixed.

Didzis said:

manos234 said:

hi spec quaestion
i7 -6700 -3.40ghz
GeForece GTX 950x2Gb
8Gb ram
1900x1080 screen

It might not, that GTX950 is slightly weaker than my 7870 and on Ultra I sometimes get dips below 60 fps in DiRT Rally and DiRT 4 is probably going to be a bit more demanding

I used to play DiRT Rally on my 6870 and it couldn't handle medium properly, but the 7870 probably has more than 1gb video memory.
I'm looking forward to Vega, really hope it will handle DiRT 4 on 4K@64fps on ultra

Didzis said:

manos234 said:

hi spec quaestion
i7 -6700 -3.40ghz
GeForece GTX 950x2Gb
8Gb ram
1900x1080 screen

I used to play DiRT Rally on my 6870 and it couldn't handle medium properly, but the 7870 probably has more than 1gb video memory.
I'm looking forward to Vega, really hope it will handle DiRT 4 on 4K@64fps on ultra

It has 2GB of VRAM and DiRT uses pretty much all of it :D 

The toe-in/out description is still wrong.

From the setup screen:

"A toe-out angle on the front Wheels increases the stability but can make steering feel vague. A toe-in angle can increase turn-in response at the cost of stability."

The description should be the opposite. Toe-in increase stability no matter what axle it's used on. Toe-out gives better turn-in but the car may start to wander across the road at speed.

I did forward this to Hatward. I just hope it's the text that is messed up and not the actual toe alignment effect in game.

bogani said:

From the setup screen:

"A toe-out angle on the front Wheels increases the stability but can make steering feel vague. A toe-in angle can increase turn-in response at the cost of stability."

The description should be the opposite. Toe-in increase stability no matter what axle it's used on. Toe-out gives better turn-in but the car may start to wander across the road at speed.

I did forward this to Hatward. I just hope it's the text that is messed up and not the actual toe alignment effect in game.

It's the text. We are fixing it but it will have to wait for a patch. 

KickUp said:

bogani said:

From the setup screen:

It's the text. We are fixing it but it will have to wait for a patch. 

Cool! :)

zissakos1 said:

new gameplay:

Thanks @zissakos1, That silver Subaru Impreza @ 8:11 is stunning! Without a doubt the first car I will buy and the first of a fleet of silver vehicles ;)

The more I see of Spain and Australia the more I am impressed, love the rock walls and dirt walls in Australia too, and the Spanish village looks beautiful, plus the fact its part a generated stage, to me, is mind boggling!

Those cambered corners in Spain look like a lot of fun :smiley: