DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

OK, what is the most legit place to preorder in Poland other than Steam? 50 Euro is really pricey if you add bank's exchange rate. 

SamRWD said:

OK, what is the most legit place to preorder in Poland other than Steam? 50 Euro is really pricey if you add bank's exchange rate. 

http://wydawnictwo.techland.pl/nasze-produkty/dirt-4/#kup-teraz
List of official distributors.  

P.S. One has a bit lower price than others for PC, browse all of them. 

Thanks, man!

Btw I will be able to choose English langue in settings, right? I don't trust translations, also that codriver is horrid. I want Nicky to codrive me ;)

SamRWD said:

Thanks, man!

Btw I will be able to choose English langue in settings, right? I don't trust translations, also that codriver is horrid. I want Nicky to codrive me ;)

Yes you will :)

@KickUp

I find something very confusing in the video (Twitch yesterday). The guys played the careermode without their car/team. 

What I would like to know if after the introduction the player can buy their first car and go through the careermode with using their own team? 

Sounds like you have to earn enough to 'buy' your first team.  The first cars are loaners whilst you get used to it, so i think i saw they raced a couple of times before they got the first team together.

Yeah, it sounds a lot like GRID: contract driver for other teams (who take a big cut) until you've saved up enough money for your own car and garage and employees. 

Which is how ETS2 does it too. Great minds think alike. 

P308R said:

@KickUp

I find something very confusing in the video (Twitch yesterday). The guys played the careermode without their car/team. 

What I would like to know if after the introduction the player can buy their first car and go through the careermode with using their own team? 

So, from what I understood, yes you can buy as long as you have the money for the car and the team, but you can only race it if there's an event for it, otherwise you'll need to loan a car (if you don't have one of that "category"). Also, you can use the car you bough in free play (or at least the livery),

For example in the stream, he bought the Evo X but he didn't have events for it in the career, so he used a loan R2 to progress. Eventually there will be events for the R4 and then he could use the Evo X.

versedi said:
PaloSamo said:
So apparently Polish distributor hired a professional dubbing actor Jacek Kopczynski to record Polish co-driver calls. I know he is known from games like Assassin's Creed, Mass Effect and The Witcher, but why?

Once I've heard that voice I've known I know it from somewhere and it's an actor. Where did you find out? 

One of our friends at simrace.pl posted this information (I don't know how he knows or where from, but the voice seems to match somehow). I wasn't aware he recorded for previous Dirt games as well. Here is his quite impressive list of achievements:
http://www.filmweb.pl/person/Jacek+Kopczy%C5%84ski-139725

Azoresst said:

P308R said:

@KickUp

So, from what I understood, yes you can buy as long as you have the money for the car and the team, but you can only race it if there's an event for it, otherwise you'll need to loan a car (if you don't have one of that "category"). Also, you can use the car you bough in free play (or at least the livery),

For example in the stream, he bought the Evo X but he didn't have events for it in the career, so he used a loan R2 to progress. Eventually there will be events for the R4 and then he could use the Evo X.

Yes except in career you don't loan a car you drive for a team. They pay you a cut of the winnings. 

KickUp said:

Yes except in career you don't loan a car you drive for a team. They pay you a cut of the winnings. 

Awesome! Career really sounds interesting! 

JZStudios said:

@SimVansevenant 
Is it a rental? Don't pass on a Dodge Challenger if you get the chance. 

I rather think the challengers (like every Dodge) are rather crap. They look nice, but that's really about it. The new mustangs are actually pretty decent.

I'm sure you'd change your mind if you took a ride in our "company car" Challenger haha. 
Also dude best of luck with the router hit. I've seen a few baaaad ones in my time.

Also also holy crap so many new posts in the Gossip Thread! 
I thought Codemasters had impeached Trump for a second!

JZStudios said:

@SimVansevenant 
Is it a rental? Don't pass on a Dodge Challenger if you get the chance. 

I rather think the challengers (like every Dodge) are rather crap. They look nice, but that's really about it. The new mustangs are actually pretty decent.

I'm sure you'd change your mind if you took a ride in our "company car" Challenger haha. 
Also dude best of luck with the router hit. I've seen a few baaaad ones in my time.

Also also holy crap so many new posts in the Gossip Thread! 
I thought Codemasters had impeached Trump for a second!

Well, in the words of our Holy Leader Clarkson, "This is the fastest car... In the world! Because it's a rental.
It's just that every Dodge I've ever had the unfortunate experience to be around/spend time in/with has been a total POS. The visibility in challenger is also pretty crap.

Without getting into politics (Because I hated Hillary WAAAAAY more) Trump has done almost literally nothing yet and people are already accusing him of things that are proven false.

KickUp said:

Azoresst said:

P308R said:

@KickUp

OK but honestly it is still rather confusing because it actually terminates the whole purpose of getting/buying a team. In the career you don't need it. It seems you can work your way through the career without ever buying/owing a car yourself. Could it be that the prizemoney for the events is higher when using your own team? What is their to gain for the player when using his own car, team? 

P308R said:

KickUp said:

Azoresst said:

P308R said:

@KickUp

OK but honestly it is still rather confusing because it actually terminates the whole purpose of getting/buying a team. In the career you don't need it. It seems you can work your way through the career without ever buying/owing a car yourself. Could it be that the prizemoney for the events is higher when using your own team? What is their to gain for the player when using his own car, team? 

Well yes, that's exactly what he's saying. When you drive for someone else, you get a percentage of the winnings, when you drive for your own team you get all the winnings but have to invest in the machinery and personnel too. Seems fairly straightforward. In addition, with your own team you can choose the cars and liveries etc.

I'd love the teams bit to go into more detail in future versions, with multiple cars per team and the aim of being contacted by a works team eventually, but this seems like a nice start that offers players a choice about how to progress.

I am still not sold on how this will work out in career.  What is the use for creating a team and buying cars if you can go through the career without the need of ever using it?

P308R said:

I am still not sold on how this will work out in career.  What is the use for creating a team and buying cars if you can go through the career without the need of ever using it?

It's about choice. 

KickUp said:

P308R said:

It's about choice. 

Thanks for clearing that up! I understand now that it is completely up to the player how he/she wants to play the careermode and make use of his/her team. It also means more freedom as a player as well. I need to adapt to this "new" and "unstructered" freedom within gaming  :p

Well it are the gamers themselves who introduced that actually. With social media giving each gamer a voice developers can't just create a game following their own design anymore, they have to follow the playerbase around a little bit as well and give options in diverse area's like these.

P308R said:

KickUp said:

P308R said:

It's about choice. 

Thanks for clearing that up! I understand now that it is completely up to the player how he/she wants to play the careermode and make use of his/her team. It also means more freedom as a player as well. I need to adapt to this "new" and "unstructered" freedom within gaming  :p

If you want a pragmatic reason: If you give some damn about how your car looks, I believe you'll need your own team to customize your livery.

Apart from that it's as you say, about choice. Maybe you'll only choose to play D4 because you want to immerse yourself in the driving of a rally-car. But some others might additionally want to immerse themselves in the managing of a racing team. 

After playing Dirt Rally yesterday for the first time in a while I instantly caved in and pre ordered. Hoping there are plans for content post release on this one as well, but either way looking forward to it