DIRT 5 - Chat about the game and get support here. Read more... ×

DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

@urgaffel

Ok, the replay was done in Sweden and it looked like there where only two options, maybe it was what he picked, not big deal, it sounds like there are some nice improvements to replay.  Thanks.  

One thing I noticed which I've said about from my time playing it in November is how much better the weight of the car is woth the new aero. In that last run in Sweden in the mirage he was flat out for a long time on a fast section and the car held to the road so much better than it would have in dirt rally

im not a big fan of ign but the evo looked tasty and the stages. B)                            

IGN posted a feature 'challenge' video on Dirt 4.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNtpVyhxmqQ
Replay system worked really well, and at least they slipped in driving from a competent driver throughout it lol

I know Paul said 9th was a global date, but why do i think the USA still gets it on the 6th....?

It is odd for the states to get it on Fridays though..   Shrug, we'll see i guess.  (If we don't, then what the hell did i move here for!?!!?!)

It is odd for the states to get it on Fridays though..   Shrug, we'll see i guess.  (If we don't, then what the hell did i move here for!?!!?!)

I'm still hoping for my preorder courier to be a too fast. They tend to do that here. 

- Courier: "I'll be at 16 at your house"
- Me: "M'kay, I'll be a bit past 15 so it will be safe"

Next day at 11am:
- Phone ringing...
- Me: "Hello?"
- Courier: "I've just left your package in front of the door, so you've signed up the receive and all's good right?"
- Me: "EEeee?"

Well, i recognised at least 3 corners/sections from the short bit of Mini/Wales from DR in the Erased Citizens video, so thumbs up there :)

Also, i wish they'd hurry up and pull the UMG copyright claim on the version with sound :(

sqdstr said:

Why is everyone so afraid to drive that Audi Quattro car??  :p  :p  :p

FTFY ;)

Wait, wut? Translation please.

PS. I feel so old while being 25... why does the internet have to come up with those new and more stupid ways of shortening stuff?

Haha sorry, good to hear I'm not the only one who didn't know what that meant without looking it up, thought everyone else did get it but I'll keep it in mind for the future. (23 here btw)

KooF2CMaDMaXX said:

To Revolutionize the Kebab Pizza Market.
Same reason we all move here. :)

I know Paul said 9th was a global date, but why do i think the USA still gets it on the 6th....?

Quoted from @KickUp (paraphrased anyways)

"Because the states handle their game releases different in there market then how we do ours"

99/100 times, states always release games on Tuesdays.

You guys are all making me feel old :(

I'm still young, I think....  

I turned 40 a week ago. Over crest, maybe now has a whole new relevance.

maybe because it says so at the end of the US trailer?

Freedom?

Bald Eagles?

human1101 said:

maybe because it says so at the end of the US trailer?

Yeah, this :)

JZStudios said:

Freedom?

Bald Eagles?

Sure, why not :)

urgaffel said:

gfRally said:

So glad I'm in murica and get it Tuesday instead of Friday. If all goes well, should have it Monday evening.

Paul confirmed in the live stream that's actually not correct, and you get it on June 9th like everybody else :D
@Rallycameraman 
flagged for abuse!   :p 

Im on a roll...

@ChristinaMc Just wanted to say thank you for the replay.  

Please. please, this is not a criticism only a question: but it looks like there are only 2 modes for viewing a replay (in car and mixed)?  @kickup mentioned at one point we would be able to just pick a predesignated point on the route, manually, and wait for car to pass... I must have read that wrong then.

I am really going to enjoy this game, I know I ask a lot of questions about replay, and I know its not the point of the game.  I just enjoy watching these and making the occasional video of them.  So no matter what we get, its not going to kill the game for me, they are all just curiosities, and never to criticize, it seems like you have really listened to the community for D4 and I am grateful of the efforts.

You've got all the car cameras plus mixed which includes trackside and others plus helicopter camera. That's for Rally, other modes might be different, can't remember

Also, 25 is comparatively young :expressionless:

Wait a minute, Ive been hearing that they have improved the camera selections compared to Dirt Rally, what you describe for D4 just sounds the same as what Dirt Rally has. I was sure that I heard that there is a seperate TV/trackside camera that is not part of a mixed rotating view and also a seperate helicopter camera that likewise is not part of a mixed rotating view. So that if you just want a TV view of the entire stage you can have it, isnt this what D4 is supposed to have?

Rygar86 said:

urgaffel said:

gfRally said:

So glad I'm in murica and get it Tuesday instead of Friday. If all goes well, should have it Monday evening.

Paul confirmed in the live stream that's actually not correct, and you get it on June 9th like everybody else :D
@Rallycameraman 

Im on a roll...

Please. please, this is not a criticism only a question: but it looks like there are only 2 modes for viewing a replay (in car and mixed)?  @kickup mentioned at one point we would be able to just pick a predesignated point on the route, manually, and wait for car to pass... I must have read that wrong then.

I am really going to enjoy this game, I know I ask a lot of questions about replay, and I know its not the point of the game.  I just enjoy watching these and making the occasional video of them.  So no matter what we get, its not going to kill the game for me, they are all just curiosities, and never to criticize, it seems like you have really listened to the community for D4 and I am grateful of the efforts.

You've got all the car cameras plus mixed which includes trackside and others plus helicopter camera. That's for Rally, other modes might be different, can't remember

Wait a minute, Ive been hearing that they have improved the camera selections compared to Dirt Rally, what you describe for D4 just sounds the same as what Dirt Rally has. I was sure that I heard that there is a seperate TV/trackside camera that is not part of a mixed rotating view and also a seperate helicopter camera that likewise is not part of a mixed rotating view. So that if you just want a TV view of the entire stage you can have it, isnt this what D4 is supposed to have?

In the live stream Paul said there was helicopter only and stage side only.

Scyy said:

Rygar86 said:

urgaffel said:

gfRally said:

@Rallycameraman 

Im on a roll...

In the live stream Paul said there was helicopter only and stage side only.

Phew! I was thinking I either had it wrong all this time or that something had changed. Having those two seperate views is a big step up for the replays imo.

Another thing that is concering me though is about the ghost cars. I have just gone back and looked at a conversation about ghost cars in D4 here on this thread:
 http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/comment/252897#Comment_252897
Which I took to mean ghost cars (of opponents leaderboard times) on Rally stages, but then something in the stream yesterday seemed to suggest that there are no ghost cars on Rally stages? :(

Did they just mean in no ghost cars in Rally multiplayer? Oh man I hope that is what they meant because Ive been looking forward to ghost cars for a very long time! :#

Doesnt look like anyone here can confirm for me. @KickUp, @Hatward can you please tell me if we still get to race against a leaderboard ghost time in rally stages?

Someone destroying a Lancer.

https://youtu.be/PkmZ1Q8UVY8                                                                   

bogani said:

Someone destroying a Lancer.

https://youtu.be/PkmZ1Q8UVY8                                                                   

1:37 shows the best improvement from dirt rally!

Also shows some of the straight sections that your stage can produce