DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

The complexity thing makes me wonder if high complexity stages will still have the straight bits or if the middle settings give the best mix of turns and straights.

I imagine I'll struggle a bit more on less complex stages, to be honest - I always had issues with the really quick sections and am better at the technical areas on DR.

Am hoping the advanced championship levels have a mix of stages and not just highly technical ones for the entire event.

Good job on the footage from the Dirt Show guys, nice to see the 037 and R5 cars in proper SIM settings being driven properly. I can certainly start to recognise some of the 'tiles' in Your Stage (the El Molar hairpin in Spain is very obvious) and am wondering if any of them are ever mirrored? Luckily, the amount of more generic tiles in between seems excellent and I still have little to no idea where the sections join up.

The complexity thing makes me wonder if high complexity stages will still have the straight bits or if the middle settings give the best mix of turns and straights.

I imagine I'll struggle a bit more on less complex stages, to be honest - I always had issues with the really quick sections and am better at the technical areas on DR.

Am hoping the advanced championship levels have a mix of stages and not just highly technical ones for the entire event.

Good job on the footage from the Dirt Show guys, nice to see the 037 and R5 cars in proper SIM settings being driven properly. I can certainly start to recognise some of the 'tiles' in Your Stage (the El Molar hairpin in Spain is very obvious) and am wondering if any of them are ever mirrored? Luckily, the amount of more generic tiles in between seems excellent and I still have little to no idea where the sections join up.

There was a bit of a strange instant reset when he did a half spin in that hairpin in Spain. Hopefully that won't occur often.

Rygar86 said:

Another thing that is concering me though is about the ghost cars. I have just gone back and looked at a conversation about ghost cars in D4 here on this thread:
 http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/comment/252897#Comment_252897
Which I took to mean ghost cars (of opponents leaderboard times) on Rally stages, but then something in the stream yesterday seemed to suggest that there are no ghost cars on Rally stages? :(

Did they just mean in no ghost cars in Rally multiplayer? Oh man I hope that is what they meant because Ive been looking forward to ghost cars for a very long time! :#

Doesnt look like anyone here can confirm for me. @KickUp, @Hatward can you please tell me if we still get to race against a leaderboard ghost time in rally stages?

No ghost cars in Rally multiplayer 

bogani said:

There was a bit of a strange instant reset when he did a half spin in that hairpin in Spain. Hopefully that won't occur often.

That is a cheat line preventing corner cutting. It's that or get complaints about people taking shortcuts. 

KickUp said:

bogani said:

That is a cheat line preventing corner cutting. It's that or get complaints about people taking shortcuts. 

Makes sense!

KickUp said:

Rygar86 said:

Another thing that is concering me though is about the ghost cars. I have just gone back and looked at a conversation about ghost cars in D4 here on this thread:
Which I took to mean ghost cars (of opponents leaderboard times) on Rally stages, but then something in the stream yesterday seemed to suggest that there are no ghost cars on Rally stages? :(

Did they just mean in no ghost cars in Rally multiplayer? Oh man I hope that is what they meant because Ive been looking forward to ghost cars for a very long time! :#

Doesnt look like anyone here can confirm for me. @KickUp, @Hatward can you please tell me if we still get to race against a leaderboard ghost time in rally stages?

@kickup But ghost cars are an option in single player Rally, when racing against a leaderboard time, yes?

bogani said:

I missed that, do you know what time in the video that happened?

Rygar86 said:

bogani said:

10 minutes in
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2fDne_myC4&t=600s

Rygar86 said:

bogani said:

In the beginning of Spain. It's been confirmed to reset to prevent cheating though.

Didzis said:

Rygar86 said:

bogani said:

10 minutes in

bogani said:

In the beginning of Spain. It's been confirmed to reset to prevent cheating though.

Thanks, it seems a bit weird to me though because he barely touched the grass, I get that we need it but that looked like the line should be a little further back.

He didn't 'barely' touch the grass, he was driving right over it after the spin. you can see that in the replay. Reset location looked about right to me
14:50 in the stream

SkyRex said:

He didn't 'barely' touch the grass, he was driving right over it after the spin. you can see that in the replay. Reset location looked about right to me

Yeah he was right in the middle of the crossover part.

bogani said:

Someone destroying a Lancer.

https://youtu.be/PkmZ1Q8UVY8                                                                   

What the hell did he hit?  He wasn't as far as the gates??

Does Dirt4 have a play-while-downloading car/stage combo like Dirt Rally had?  I think it was Mini/Mk2 & Greece?

KevM said:

Does Dirt4 have a play-while-downloading car/stage combo like Dirt Rally had?  I think it was Mini/Mk2 & Greece?

What platform are you getting the game for Kev?

SkyRex said:

14:50 in the stream

Okay, the replay does show he went over the grass a fair bit more than I first thought.

Rygar86 said:

KickUp said:

Rygar86 said:

@kickup But ghost cars are an option in single player Rally, when racing against a leaderboard time, yes?

Yes

KevM said:

It's the Rally school 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2fDne_myC4

Im still waiting for it to "go HD" as its only in 360p at the moment. But I thought it was a really good Dirt Show like in the old days when they did a couch session every month during Dirt Rally Early Access :)

KickUp said:

Rygar86 said:

KickUp said:

Rygar86 said:

Yes

HUZZAAAH!

I was worried there for a while

SkyRex said:

It was already confirmed, that if you wish to do so, you can even watch the whole replay from heli-cam.

On xbox one?
Are you sure ?

KickUp said:

KevM said:

It's the Rally school 

You mean I can haz Rally Schoolz while downloadz?

Rygar86 said:

KickUp said:

KevM said:

It's the Rally school 

You mean I can haz Rally School while downloadz?

Yes!

ipascal said:

SkyRex said:

It was already confirmed, that if you wish to do so, you can even watch the whole replay from heli-cam.

On xbox one?
Are you sure ?

Yep. As long as it's not in fog ;)

KevM said:

Xb1