DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

Got another very specific YourStage question @KickUp :
Seeing your stream with sunny Wales it seems to fit pretty well with my League-plans of reusing locations for different events with different feelings. Looking at the YourStage preview pics, the general location of Wales seems to be 50/50 between forests and open fields.
First important pre-question: Is the general Area bigger than the longest stages? So will different 15km stages be able to be in broadly different locations or will a 15km stage almost always run from edge to edge of the generating-area, so that you cross most of the available location features?
If the answer is 'bigger than 15x15km' then the real question is:

Does the algorithm of generation allow stages that are mostly monotonous in their feature inclusion? So would it be possible, if your patient enough to click 'generate' often enough, to lay down a stage that features 80 % Welsh Forest or equivalently 80 % open fields at above 15km length?
Same question would extend to the other locations between forest/jungle and open fields/outback.

KickUp said:

Rygar86 said:

KickUp said:

KevM said:

Does Dirt4 have a play-while-downloading car/stage combo like Dirt Rally had?  I think it was Mini/Mk2 & Greece?
What platform are you getting the game for Kev?

It's the Rally school 

You mean I can haz Rally School while downloadz?

Yes!

I never knew this was even possible, but it's clearly another stroke of genius from the mad scientists at Codemasters.  :D

This will surely be the funnest download I have ever waited for...as I attempt to launch my car over a fence and into a restricted area! Yep an hour or two should give me enough time  B)

Bravo Codies...bravo <3

I'm probably out of the loop here, but what is meant by "playing while downloading"?

You can play a small part whilst it downloads. Dirt rally on Xbox one you could play the mini in Greece whilst the rest of the game downloaded

Another cool thing on DiRT Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/dirtgame/photos/a.231832723555970.56129.132609796811597/1483241121748451/?type=3

dgeesi0 said:

you not coming rallying with us then Kev ? :D

No dgeesi0, I wish I could hit D4 with a big GFX card & Ultra settings, but something strange keeps happening the forum when I play on PC  ;)

I will stick with my lowly Xbox, it's safer down here  :D

KickUp said:

Rygar86 said:

KickUp said:

KevM said:

Does Dirt4 have a play-while-downloading car/stage combo like Dirt Rally had?  I think it was Mini/Mk2 & Greece?

What platform are you getting the game for Kev?

It's the Rally school 

You mean I can haz Rally School while downloadz?

Yes!

Has what we drive been decided?

after seeing the show Live stream from yesterday, may i ask @KickUp
1) After saing that we will get reward livery for few models, is there going to be reward any kind  "official" livery for Ford Focus 2007?
2) will there be more then 8 patern (last build at Barcelona Event had only 8) for team branding?
3) there was few liverys  "blank colour" cars (for example white Fiesta), are we able to change colour or is it for evey car other combination of  blank colour?
thanks for Your time

KevM said:

dgeesi0 said:

No dgeesi0, I wish I could hit D4 with a big GFX card & Ultra settings, but something strange keeps happening the forum when I play on PC  ;)

There is still cross platform ;)

bogani said:

Someone destroying a Lancer.

https://youtu.be/PkmZ1Q8UVY8                                                                   

1:37 shows the best improvement from dirt rally!

Also shows some of the straight sections that your stage can produce

I really like how in 1:19 you can see how grip levels have been overhauled. They look really realistic now! Codemasters you are the best!

@KickUp

-Do you have any plans for DLC you could share? (other than Hyundai R5 for non preordering people)
-Is Your Stage generated track's surface unified, or are there grip variations to be noticed? For example Sweden is all snow, or ice patches we could see in gameplay will actually make car behave different than the rest of the surface?
-Do you think it will be possible for a SDK to be released, for the community to mod a game in the future (I remember you already answered this question as "to be seen", so I hope you could say more ;) )
-Given current popularity of D4 and preorder sale rates, how confident are you that Dirt5 that would follow current design direction will be green lighted? Is it dependent on ingame stats (sim vs gamer handling popularity), or general sales?

Thanks!

bogani said:

KevM said:

dgeesi0 said:

There is still cross platform ;)

Yeah, it'll be fun that way regardless of platform.

I'm probably out of the loop here, but what is meant by "playing while downloading"?

You can play a small part whilst it downloads. Dirt rally on Xbox one you could play the mini in Greece whilst the rest of the game downloaded

Its not just for Xbox right, same for PC too?

Rygar86 said:

Its not just for Xbox right, same for PC too?

No idea

On reacting to moments:

"You might suddenly have a helicopter appear on stage in front of you that's kicking up a big cloud of dust, and how do you react to that? Do you let it put you off or plough on regardless..."

This sounds awesome. Did you see this, Helicopter Guy?

One more page to go, to the big 1000  :p   

Can somebody please confirm that there is the tv cameras only for replays and they don't switch to incar or helicopter view ect.

On reacting to moments:

"You might suddenly have a helicopter appear on stage in front of you that's kicking up a big cloud of dust, and how do you react to that? Do you let it put you off or plough on regardless..."

Yeah, but does it also spray water in your face?

JZStudios said:

On reacting to moments:

Yeah, but does it also spray water in your face?

Only if you're using bumper cam

Kenny1962 said:

Can somebody please confirm that there is the tv cameras only for replays and they don't switch to incar or helicopter view ect.

Nope there will be switching when cameras can't find a proper position. It doesn't look like it will be nearly as much as in DR though.

zissakos1 said:

so while we are approcahing page 1000, have you prepared any surprise for us Codies?? Wouldn't that be a great opportunity??
I even have an idea: The long forgotten....

...MYSTERY LOCATION!!!

What is it? Where is it? What do you know about it? Tell us. TELL US!!! NOW!!!!!!!!!
...please... :-)

I believe I already addressed this issue here...Rygar86 said:

I've been quietly lurking and reading this MIGHTY thread :D.....

What is this Mystery location.....?

Codies car park?

Barcelona or Hockenheim RX?

One more rally location?

Battersea Power Station Gymkhana course? :D

I would think if a 6th rally location was in the works the team would make it clear as that would drum up the sales. So perhaps it will something small to mid-size, but nevertheless awesome :)

Im absolutely certain that its a randomly generated Super Mario Kart track with all the Codies team as selectable characters. Prove me wrong guys!  :p

bogani said:
Kenny1962 said:

Nope there will be switching when cameras can't find a proper position. It doesn't look like it will be nearly as much as in DR though.

But...Scyy said:

Rygar86 said:

urgaffel said: 
You've got all the car cameras plus mixed which includes trackside and others plus helicopter camera. That's for Rally, other modes might be different, can't remember

Also, 25 is comparatively young :expressionless: 

Wait a minute, Ive been hearing that they have improved the camera selections compared to Dirt Rally, what you describe for D4 just sounds the same as what Dirt Rally has. I was sure that I heard that there is a seperate TV/trackside camera that is not part of a mixed rotating view and also a seperate helicopter camera that likewise is not part of a mixed rotating view. So that if you just want a TV view of the entire stage you can have it, isnt this what D4 is supposed to have?

In the live stream Paul said there was helicopter only and stage side only.

So I tried to find the exact quote and time on the live stream. Couldn't find it and don't want to sift through an hour of video but if you watch the replay of Wales during the live stream it's going to different stage side positions and never goes into a on car or interior view.