DIRT 5 - Chat about the game and get support here. Read more... ×

DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

@KickUp will dirt 4 still have the silly upgrade system where you have to drive x number of miles to earn an upgrade? Never understood that.. and honestly, hate that part of dirt rally. 

Also, how are loading times compared to dirt rally on dirt 4? 

Lastly, if someone is choosing auto, will the be penalized like in dirt rally? Specifically having to come to a complete stop to get in reverse? Not everyone has the means to drive manual do to Dexterity or other handicaps.. 

Rygar86 said:

bogani said:
Kenny1962 said:

Can somebody please confirm that there is the tv cameras only for replays and they don't switch to incar or helicopter view ect.

Nope there will be switching when cameras can't find a proper position. It doesn't look like it will be nearly as much as in DR though.

But...Scyy said:

Rygar86 said:

urgaffel said: 
You've got all the car cameras plus mixed which includes trackside and others plus helicopter camera. That's for Rally, other modes might be different, can't remember

Also, 25 is comparatively young :expressionless: 

Wait a minute, Ive been hearing that they have improved the camera selections compared to Dirt Rally, what you describe for D4 just sounds the same as what Dirt Rally has. I was sure that I heard that there is a seperate TV/trackside camera that is not part of a mixed rotating view and also a seperate helicopter camera that likewise is not part of a mixed rotating view. So that if you just want a TV view of the entire stage you can have it, isnt this what D4 is supposed to have?

In the live stream Paul said there was helicopter only and stage side only.

I do think that you'll be able to do heli cam only, but from what we've seen so far there will be occasional switching when having it set to roadside. Don't take that as fact though.

Getting used to playing on a monitor again after so many hours in Dirt Rally's VR is gonna be painful.  :/

Getting used to playing on a monitor again after so many hours in Dirt Rally's VR is gonna be painful.  :/

I dont think you'll be waiting too long before you don the goggles once again  ;) Codies added VR support to DR and D4 is going to sell way more than DR, so it stands to reason that VR for D4 is just a matter of time. Remember Dirt Rally didnt support VR straight away either ;)

On reacting to moments:

"You might suddenly have a helicopter appear on stage in front of you that's kicking up a big cloud of dust, and how do you react to that? Do you let it put you off or plough on regardless..."

This sounds awesome. Did you see this, Helicopter Guy?

Yeah I saw it, scared the shit out of me and made me crash. Turns out I'm not good at reacting on the fly

SamRWD said:

@KickUp

-Is Your Stage generated track's surface unified, or are there grip variations to be noticed? For example Sweden is all snow, or ice patches we could see in gameplay will actually make car behave different than the rest of the surface?

I believe in Sweden there is different variations, similar to it in DiRT Rally. There has been a big improvement in the feeling when driving in snow/ice too. 

I hate Sweden on DR, but really enjoyed it on D4 when I tried it. 

By the way, whose going to get the presitigous title of 1st post on the 1000th page? I might keep posting until it pops up!

SamRWD said:

@KickUp

-Is Your Stage generated track's surface unified, or are there grip variations to be noticed? For example Sweden is all snow, or ice patches we could see in gameplay will actually make car behave different than the rest of the surface?

I believe in Sweden there is different variations, similar to it in DiRT Rally. There has been a big improvement in the feeling when driving in snow/ice too. 

So what's changed in Sweden? That's probably my favorite location in dr.

1000 pages of gossip! It was been a long journey! Can't wait for DiRT 4 and 1000 more pages of gossip!  ;)

I'm so hyped after seeing the recent footage, tarmac physics look so good! 

Same here, it's going to be a long three weeks.

SamRWD said:

@KickUp

-Do you have any plans for DLC you could share? (other than Hyundai R5 for non preordering people)
-Do you think it will be possible for a SDK to be released, for the community to mod a game in the future (I remember you already answered this question as "to be seen", so I hope you could say more ;) )
-Given current popularity of D4 and preorder sale rates, how confident are you that Dirt5 that would follow current design direction will be green lighted? Is it dependent on ingame stats (sim vs gamer handling popularity), or general sales?

Thanks!

1. None at the moment. 
2. No there is variations
3. Not for D4 but it's a cool idea 
4. Don't know yet

@KickUp will dirt 4 still have the silly upgrade system where you have to drive x number of miles to earn an upgrade? Never understood that.. and honestly, hate that part of dirt rally. 

Lastly, if someone is choosing auto, will the be penalized like in dirt rally? Specifically having to come to a complete stop to get in reverse? Not everyone has the means to drive manual do to Dexterity or other handicaps.. 

no it won't. 

Depends on platform you are on. Nothing is over 50 seconds. 

In sim you have to stop to find reverse. In Gamer reverse engages without having to press the brake again

Scyy said:

SamRWD said:

@KickUp

So what's changed in Sweden? That's probably my favorite location in dr.

Honestly I can't say. It could be to do with the new aerodynamics system in the game, but it certainly felt so much. Enter. 

KickUp said:

no it won't. 

Depends on platform you are on. Nothing is over 50 seconds. 

In sim you have to stop to find reverse. In Gamer reverse engages without having to press the brake again

Awesome! Thanks for the quick
 response! And on a weekend. Cool. 

Knew I forget something... 

@KickUp will radiator damage be able to lead to a blown engine? And will other components such as gears boxes, suspension etc get more damage in dirt 4? If a blown radiator lead to an engine going flat in dirt rally I never experienced it.. or a gear box going awol..

Knew I forget something... 

@KickUp will radiator damage be able to lead to a blown engine? And will other components such as gears boxes, suspension etc get more damage in dirt 4? If a blown radiator lead to an engine going flat in dirt rally I never experienced it.. or a gear box going awol..

You can refill the radiator at the roadside but it adds a bunch of time to your Stage. Radiator damage does lead to more engine wear but whether it ends up being critical depends on the scenario. 

after seeing the show Live stream from yesterday, may i ask @KickUp
1) After saing that we will get reward livery for few models, is there going to be reward any kind  "official" livery for Ford Focus 2007?
2) will there be more then 8 patern (last build at Barcelona Event had only 8) for team branding?
3) there was few liverys  "blank colour" cars (for example white Fiesta), are we able to change colour or is it for evey car other combination of  blank colour?
thanks for Your time

@kickup You missed my question :(
one more question, Its great to have some kind of tribute for Colin McRae and Richard Burns, But have You tought about posibility tribute for one of best Co Drivers,  Michael "Beef" Park, Sadly his Life ended to early..  maybe Car or livery from his best days with Markko Martin ?

This was on the first page @MastaVonBlasta made the first post, and he linked this tweet:

https://twitter.com/dirtgame/status/434359333204131841

It has so much more meaning today, then just a cheeky tease back then. :smile:  Heres to another 998 completely off topic posts and the 2 that are truly gossip :joy:

[edit: it was a valentines day thing, but the images still means the same]

Sketched on the back of a Mitsubishi too! :)

KevM said:

Sketched on the back of a Mitsubishi too! :)

But, It taken was in a salvage yard :smile:

Now that we've reached 1000 pages of gossip, I wonder: if we took all the text, from all the gossip written since the beginning, how many notebooks or rolls of toilet paper would it take to fit everything?