DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

KickUp said:

Rygar86 said:

Didzis said:
Rygar86 said:

@KickUp Can we actually change the colour of the wheels/rims to match the colour scheme of our livery? 

I would like this too. SLRE did it, but the colors on the rims were lighter for some reason and wasn't a very big color choice either. Also would be cool if you could change type of paint for wheels as well, like have it matte, gloss or chrome. A cherry on top would be sponsor spots on wheels (only for tire manufacturers, obviously)

Yes, changing paint type would be brilliant as this is available for the body paint too!

Having the ability to change the rim colour would make for a much wider scope of designs for each livery than if we are just stuck with one colour that they choose for you, and then which colour would it be and why that one? You really need to be able to change the colour for it to be a custom. Team livery. Plus the look of the wheels always has a big impact on the look of any car  B)

We wanted to do it but because our wheels use a different system to the rest of the branding suite (due to them changing based on condition) we didn't have the time to support this. One for the future sorry. 

Thanks @KickUp for the reply, but I must admit I am dissapointed, this would be something I would have loved. Though I do appreciate that you guys tried to get it into the game :)

Is there a chance that something like this could become part of a future DLC or updates (due to popular demand) for D4? Or is it a big thing that would need to be addressed in a future game like Dirt 5?

On that note, I was dissapointed when Dirt Rally didn't get some DLC love after its release, but now I can see that you guys obviously made the right decision with going onto D4. That said, I really think D4 should get at least some DLC this time! Even with those bigger things that couldnt be done this time round, there's still just so much potential right there, because of the big steps forward and what you have already achieved with this sequel. 

I just hope the public agrees (massive sales and support :smiley:) and that the Executives at Codies do as well!

Job3k said:

Moar gameplay from DiRT 4, this time Team VVV and Slaptrain

VVV is arcade while Slaptrain is sim mode

One can't drive while the other can. o:)

bogani said:
MrDeap said:

@bogani I suppose without it, there would be no physic & wouldn't have an authentic handling. I definitely think the concept is similar. 

As there is no actual tire wear modeled I thought temperatures wasn't modeled either. Just speculation though. Only the devs can answer this :)

Yeah, people who have access to the game data have a unfair advantage to other. Increasing the limited slip differential doesn't automatically make the car oversteer or understeer which there's a sweet spot.

Simulation mean it simulate. it's not real temperature. What I mean is there's a sweet spot & like most games with authentic handling. It work the same way. You end up with similar car setup to get similar result. It's just that the other game offer more variable.

DiRT Rally definitely have that progressive grip feel like most sim.

To make it simple...  Oversteer & understeer in most setup guide is more like too cold, sweet spot or too hot. If it's too cold or too hot that front tire still understeer which make everything confusing. The difference is with the too cold it will start to grip too late while too hot it will lose grip right away. They're done in good intention, but not so useful if you understand exactly what is understeer & oversteer.

The worst one are those that claim it all setup depend on driving style, which is simply not true. If you always fall in that sweet spot, the car is simply easier to drive & much faster.

I have tried contacting Christina, but it doesnt look like we will be seeing a HD version of the latest Dirt Show on Youtube, its still in 360p.

Also tried asking Erased Citezens how they are going with removing the menu music from their D4 London Presser footage, so thatwe can see the version with ingame audio, but no luck with them either :(

But here is the direct link to the facebook version of the Dirt Show, for those who want to rewatch it several times like me  :D

Its in good ol' 720p.

https://www.facebook.com/dirtgame/videos/1492784610794102/

MrDeap said:

Job3k said:

Moar gameplay from DiRT 4, this time Team VVV and Slaptrain

VVV is arcade while Slaptrain is sim mode

One can't drive while the other can. o:)
Team vvv played sim mode in the second part of their video

@RallyDriven
Oh really? I only watched the first 20sec & thought it's all about easy car handling with eye candy. 

Slaptrain actually show a lot of stuff that is interesting to know. You got to admit he's doing it quite a lot better than the motorsport country.

This video is probably redundant for this thread :D but for those who are still on the fence...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W747hjLZ46E

Can you choose all cars and liverys in free play mode. Will you also be able to get the achievement 
liverys as well. The reason I ask is that I have limited time on my sim rig. Many thanks.
kenny.

Kenny1962 said:

Can you choose all cars and liverys in free play mode. Will you also be able to get the achievement 
liverys as well. The reason I ask is that I have limited time on my sim rig. Many thanks.
kenny.

All cars yes. Some liveries no. 

Soft or hard Tyre choice?
I'm guessing the video is a little high level so probably a mis speak.

@KickUp  Talking about liveries on freeplay, as I've said to you, I noticed a number and your name would appear on most of the pre-existing liveries. Is this because you've used the built-in branding suite to make them, therefore they're compatible with that system?

@KickUp  Talking about liveries on freeplay, as I've said to you, I noticed a number and your name would appear on most of the pre-existing liveries. Is this because you've used the built-in branding suite to make them, therefore they're compatible with that system?

No, they used magic.  :D

No, they used magic.  :D

I prefer science. Always more a tech guy than magic. They used some really good science there. There and on Your Stage.

Soft or hard Tyre choice?
I'm guessing the video is a little high level so probably a mis speak.

@KickUp said few times that it's for the future. They want to do it properly if they do it. I completely agree with their's approach to this. 

Job3k said:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRzg0oZNBh0

Castrol on Focus and no Toyota in game just hurts me. It hurts. 

@KickUP what's about the SOLD OUT thing?

versedi said:

@KickUP what's about the SOLD OUT thing?

I'm pretty sure that's the classifieds market. It's like a market place for classified cars, the available cars are updated each 3 hours if I remember correctly.

Can somebody explain the UK to me?
Rally Wales is designated with the Welsh flag in DiRT 4 and several other places.
WRC official page and several other other places use the union jack instead.

Isn't it normal to use the flag of the nation? Like the US Flag instead of the Flag of Michigan?
I could even understand the use of the state-flag in case of federations like the US or Germany. Because a federal state in those nations has great deals of autonomy and stuff. But as I understand it the UK is a unitary state isn't it? Aren't the local states more like districts with a strong local identity feeling rather than parts of a federation ?

SkyRex said:

Rally Wales is designated with the Welsh flag in DiRT 4 and several other places.

Isn't it normal to use the flag of the nation? Like the US Flag instead of the Flag of Michigan?
I could even understand the use of the state-flag in case of federations like the US or Germany. Because a federal state in those nations has great deals of autonomy and stuff. But as I understand it the UK is a unitary state isn't it? Aren't the local states more like districts with a strong local identity feeling rather than parts of a federation ?

Touchy subject!

Technically, you are correct, yes. The country is the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland. But the strong regional identities (which each have a differing, but increasing, sense of autonomy and their own parliament) of the individual 'nations' mean that, in a sporting sense, people from one or the other often use the regional flags if allowed.

So, especially in rallying, it's not uncommon to see English, Welsh, Scottish or Northern Irish flags used by some, or a British flag by others. In other sports (see the Olympics), this isn't allowed and it's not really a problem.

I say all the above impartially as someone who goes by British if asked for a nationality but uses a Welsh flag if forced to pick one.

So whilst I agree with you that it should technically be the British flag, I can see why maybe they haven't used it instead of the Welsh one sometimes. 

Excellent video on the UK:
https://youtu.be/rNu8XDBSn10

Well, Rally GB is restricted by licences probably. On top of that in official WRC calendar we can see the following:

-Che Guevara Energy Drink Tour de Corse
-Rally Italia Sardegna
-RallyRACC Catalunya - Rally de España
-Dayinsure Wales Rally GB

TBH I don't really mind either flags in case of that particular Rally you were talking about ;)

I noticed on Steam that the Dirt 4 release date says June 10th because I am in Australia and we are ahead by a few hours (9 hours ahead of the UK). I think the way it works with Steam is that it unlocks at the same time globaly but of course means a different time for different people around the world. So Im wondering what time of the day Dirt 4 unlocks in the UK on the 9th, because Im just trying to work out if it might be really early in the morning that D4  'goes live' in Australia.

Is there a usual time of day in the UK that Steam games unlock? Or does it change depending on the game?

JZStudios said:

.... I have zero understanding as to what the hell that's supposed to mean....

It's quite simple. You undress, you guard your clothers. You're guarding, therefore you're doing something. You're doing something therefore the time flows faster for you.

My mum got her phrases from her mother, so... it's some old school Polish pre-war stuff basically. That one is actually not that bad, some of the other stuff she tends to say... I feel like my brain is sucked out xD

Uh...huh... Polish is weird.
All I got out of that is "If you're excited, then strip!" then I guess you wait until someone fancies you or chases you, which either option would make time fly I guess.

On to the subject at hand, I can't remember if FOV and seat adjustment will make a return or not.

SkyRex said:

Touchy subject!

Technically, you are correct, yes. The country is the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland. But the strong regional identities (which each have a differing, but increasing, sense of autonomy and their own parliament) of the individual 'nations' mean that, in a sporting sense, people from one or the other often use the regional flags if allowed.

So, especially in rallying, it's not uncommon to see English, Welsh, Scottish or Northern Irish flags used by some, or a British flag by others. In other sports (see the Olympics), this isn't allowed and it's not really a problem.

I say all the above impartially as someone who goes by British if asked for a nationality but uses a Welsh flag if forced to pick one.

So whilst I agree with you that it should technically be the British flag, I can see why maybe they haven't used it instead of the Welsh one sometimes. 

Excellent video on the UK:
https://youtu.be/rNu8XDBSn10

My understanding is as follows:

Into the rabbit hole we go.
httpsspotlightonfilmfileswordpresscom201505tumblr_mk1h2kcxam1r6ptt3o1_500gifw788
http2bpblogspotcom-vCY876FGefQUQOnMc-P20IAAAAAAAAHAsosISNLISCuws1600copy-of-a-copygif
https://youtu.be/qnmmykiJSME?t=1m26s

Skip to 1:30 if that doesn't work right.

https://youtu.be/s88oFNJyM6k

Something about Canada and crowns.

And then back into Wacko's world of nations or something.

JZStudios said:

JZStudios said:
.... I have zero understanding as to what the hell that's supposed to mean....

It's quite simple. You undress, you guard your clothers. You're guarding, therefore you're doing something. You're doing something therefore the time flows faster for you.

My mum got her phrases from her mother, so... it's some old school Polish pre-war stuff basically. That one is actually not that bad, some of the other stuff she tends to say... I feel like my brain is sucked out xD

Uh...huh... Polish is weird.
All I got out of that is "If you're excited, then strip!" then I guess you wait until someone fancies you or chases you, which either option would make time fly I guess.

On to the subject at hand, I can't remember if FOV and seat adjustment will make a return or not.

I'm almost certain I heard that both these things are confirmed for D4, at least they are for PC.

But I think FOV for console will not be available (aparently due to performance issues), though I'm not sure about seat adjustment. Hopefully @KickUp or @ChristinaMc will be able to tell you soon.

It's also because it's rally GB, it's just based in Wales. Whereas in dirt, it's just a Welsh rally, not Wales Rally GB

@RodgerDavies Thanks for that little insight, still seems like a strange arrangement to me, but I guess yaayh old empires ? XD 
So basically the nations of UK don't have as much independence as federal states, but they feel a lot more distinct to each other than federal states do.(Except maybe Bavaria or Texas...)
And Flag-wise it's whatever floats your boat as long as it's allowed legally. 

Another thing I find strange though, is how Wales seems to be ignored in the union jack. It's a mach-up of all big UK-members except Wales. How hard would've been to put that dragon in the middle of the union jack? :smiley: