DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

RipperGP said:

Realistically I would think the quickest DLC locations to implement would be Finland, Germany, Monte and Greece - would happily pay to have these added to D4

IIRC, it was stated already that Monte Carlo and Greece will not work because of the cliffside nature of the terrain.

@Rallycameraman, I see you're indulging in some arguments on the Steam forum lately.
So many disrespectful people who have the attention span of a nat and the same amount of brain cells  like a single cell organism.
It's funny to see them lose their temper though!

I couldn't resist! It's great fun.

It really is! I (BE_FlatOut) have been enjoying myself on there for a while now.
I'm not always correct but still.. 

RipperGP said:

Realistically I would think the quickest DLC locations to implement would be Finland, Germany, Monte and Greece - would happily pay to have these added to D4

IIRC, it was stated already that Monte Carlo and Greece will not work because of the cliffside nature of the terrain.

As far as I know Paul shot down that rumour as well.

@Rallycameraman, I see you're indulging in some arguments on the Steam forum lately.
So many disrespectful people who have the attention span of a nat and the same amount of brain cells  like a single cell organism.

Link, please?  I like watching a daytime trailer trash show.. now and then

bogani said:

RipperGP said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2fDne_myC4

at 14:00 to 14:05 is scene from spain and Wall from rocks, just like in Monte Carlo, i think the Your Stage generator is evolved, because from that video, we saw very high difference of height between road and local earth,the generator can calculate what he will use of "tool" just earth material or Wall under road.. and from the trailer with "Sweden hills" we see it can Handle very well Terrain model even as extreme it was in that trailer.

i Think Your Stage can handle more then we would give him credit :)
Edit: i dont say it will be Monte or Greece i am saing it can handle..

A German map with both a vineyard area and a military training area would fit really well with Your Stage ;)

bogani said:

A German map with both a vineyard area and a military training area would fit really well with Your Stage ;)

It would, but for me it'd have to be 2 seperate venues as the vineyards don't run into the military area IRL and that would just detract from the experience a little from me. I'd prefer one or the other (preferably both)

bogani said:

It would, but for me it'd have to be 2 seperate venues as the vineyards don't run into the military area IRL and that would just detract from the experience a little from me. I'd prefer one or the other (preferably both)

Yeah that's true. They could probably narrow it down so that the stage won't cross over from one area to another if they wanted to.

So many possibilities with this new tech! So exciting :)

bogani said:

RipperGP said:

This is awesome news! Because if Greece is ever added to 'Your Stage' then I'll be like...

dgeesi0 said:

did they say anymore on whether we all get to play on the 6th or 9th or is it still tied to usa get it first on the 6th ?

USA the 6th, everywhere else the 9th as confirmed a while ago from @KickUp. Good for usa!

dgeesi0 said:

did they say anymore on whether we all get to play on the 6th or 9th or is it still tied to usa get it first on the 6th ?

USA the 6th, everywhere else the 9th as confirmed a while ago from @KickUp. Good for usa!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8tS5BudtEk

@kickup another question popped in my head,

How will sharing stages by "your stage" work? Will the game name the stage, or will players be able to name them and that's how other players will be able to look them up? Bonus question, is there or could there be any incentive for players that find stages created that get shared and receive x amount of feed back? Meaning, if I get a stage created, and x amount of people really like it, I might get some kind of reward?

How will sharing stages by "your stage" work? Will the game name the stage, or will players be able to name them and that's how other players will be able to look them up? Bonus question, is there or could there be any incentive for players that find stages created that get shared and receive x amount of feed back? Meaning, if I get a stage created, and x amount of people really like it, I might get some kind of reward?

The game will name them for you but you can create a name that will appear only to you for your reference. This is because the Platform holders force developers to do this, because of the possibility of offencive words.

In regards to your second question, here is a quote from the interview posted on the previous page of this thread: 

With the track/stage creator option, is there plans for any

community based competitions for best designs, to be featured/promoted

by yourselves?  The guys behind GTAV did something similar which worked

well.

The short answer is: yes. So, once you’ve played a Your Stage event,

you’ll have the option to rate it. The top-rated stages will then be in a

curated playlist, alongside dev-generated tracks, VIP-curated tracks,

and whatever kind of playlists we want to use! Once the game’s up and

running and everyone’s cracked on with creating their very own stages,

we’ll then explore community competitions with those tracks. There’s a

lot of potential there though, and you’ll never run out of anything new

to race.

dgeesi0 said:

If it is true, then I'm cool with it. It just means we will get a flood of videos and opinions on the full game 3 days before the 9th :smiley:

Because as far as I know the release date when the game was announced back in January was always the 9th of June anyway, it wouldnt be as though anything has really changed.

If we do I hope they just repurpuse an old location. So we can get it faster :tongue: And at this point they have quite the library of environments.

I can't imagine that old assets are of much use with the arrival of Your Stage. Sure, we'll have Sweden and Wales, and Michigan looks like a re-skinned Finland, but I'll bet the development resources necessary to adapt any existing assets to how Your Stage generates stages probably makes existing assets just a starting point.
Whether we get any DLC locations or not, and how many of them we could get during the life of the game, most likely depends on how involved it really is to adapt Your Stage to new environments. I do hope we get DLC locations. Five is too few. And I would rather have them in D4 and have to pay for them instead of seeing something like D5 in one year's time with ten locations. Even if only three more locations were added we would be at a good level content-wise.

I personally would rather wait for D4 if it arrives in a year and get more locations. Just look how much Dirt 4 improved over Dirt Rally, if we get half  of things we are hoping to come with D5 (mixed surfaces for example) it would be a waste of resources to put them on D4 unless they can be reused with D5 IMHO.

RipperGP said:

Exactly. On top of that currently mixed surface that Monte is was known for cannot be simulated in D4. Unless you want modern Monte with nothing but dry/ wet tramac ;)

gfRally said:

Link, please?  I like watching a daytime trailer trash show.. now and then

Oh my God why did I decide to go there.

What do you do to have a chess master patience? I'm not able to even lurk there anymore, it's a cancerogenic place (I hate that phrase but it's the only one that comes to my mind right now). 

versedi said:

What do you do to have a chess master patience? I'm not able to even lurk there anymore, it's a cancerogenic place (I hate that phrase but it's the only one that comes to my mind right now). 

Winding people up is something of a past time of mine so it's pretty easy really. I've got some goon on there to believe there's a Gymkhana edition of D4

Share it and send it to friends. They will also appear in racenet and their thevratings will drive the prominence. 
Whether we run competitions is yet to be decided. 

bogani said:

RipperGP said:

Great news then
.Rygar86 said:

dgeesi0 said:

If it is true, then I'm cool with it. It just means we will get a flood of videos and opinions on the full game 3 days before the 9th :smiley:

Because as far as I know the release date when the game was announced back in January was always the 9th of June anyway.

The US Playstation Store has it listed as Jun 9th release.

PaloSamo said:

Microsoft one step (day) ahead ;)                     

With 0 day vulnerabilities. 

Oh and patches for 0-day vulnerabilities 3 months before they're leaked.