DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

Azoresst said:

New video from PlayStation Acess, about the rally locations and YourStage:

https://youtu.be/19X9WDpgBB8

I used the think that sexy, curvey and Spanish meant this...

But after watching the video, I can see I have a lot to learn  :D

Thanks @Azoresst! Great video :)
Thanks @Codies! Epic Game :smiley:

Ekstrom1 said:

Mattias Ekström

AUDI S1 EKS RX QUATTRO   dirt 4 dlc? 

My vote goes for silver- red 206 WRC ;)

Rygar86 said:

@kickup another question popped in my head,

How will sharing stages by "your stage" work? Will the game name the stage, or will players be able to name them and that's how other players will be able to look them up? Bonus question, is there or could there be any incentive for players that find stages created that get shared and receive x amount of feed back? Meaning, if I get a stage created, and x amount of people really like it, I might get some kind of reward?

The game will name them for you but you can create a name that will appear only to you for your reference. This is because the Platform holders force developers to do this, because of the possibility of offencive words.

In regards to your second question, here is a quote from the interview posted on the previous page of this thread: 

With the track/stage creator option, is there plans for any

community based competitions for best designs, to be featured/promoted

by yourselves?  The guys behind GTAV did something similar which worked

well.

The short answer is: yes. So, once you’ve played a Your Stage event,

you’ll have the option to rate it. The top-rated stages will then be in a

curated playlist, alongside dev-generated tracks, VIP-curated tracks,

and whatever kind of playlists we want to use! Once the game’s up and

running and everyone’s cracked on with creating their very own stages,

we’ll then explore community competitions with those tracks. There’s a

lot of potential there though, and you’ll never run out of anything new

to race.

KickUp said:

@kickup another question popped in my head,

How will sharing stages by "your stage" work? Will the game name the stage, or will players be able to name them and that's how other players will be able to look them up? Bonus question, is there or could there be any incentive for players that find stages created that get shared and receive x amount of feed back? Meaning, if I get a stage created, and x amount of people really like it, I might get some kind of reward?

Share it and send it to friends. They will also appear in racenet and their thevratings will drive the prominence. 
Whether we run competitions is yet to be decided. 

Rygar86 said:

dgeesi0 said:

did they say anymore on whether we all get to play on the 6th or 9th or is it still tied to usa get it first on the 6th ?

USA the 6th, everywhere else the 9th as confirmed a while ago from @KickUp. Good for usa!

If it is true, then I'm cool with it. It just means we will get a flood of videos and opinions on the full game 3 days before the 9th :smiley:

Because as far as I know the release date when the game was announced back in January was always the 9th of June anyway, it wouldnt be as though anything has really changed.

Thanks again to the first two responses. 

@Rygar86 it's always shown 6/6 for me. As I said earlier, local GameStop says it's street dated which basically means its set in stone. 

@LOSTVENGENCE96 said:

@Rygar86 it's always shown 6/6 for me. As I said earlier, local GameStop says it's street dated which basically means its set in stone. 

You're welcome :)

But you know what this means, right? Massive amounts of gameplay footage uploaded to Youtube ASAP! 

P.S. what I meant to say is that its always been June 9th on my end, not meaning to comment on  anywhere else, like the U.S. 

Rygar86 said:

@LOSTVENGENCE96 said:

You're welcome :)

But you know what this means, right? Massive amounts (ie: rivers!  ;) ) of gameplay footage uploaded to Youtube ASAP! As a service to your starving bretherin on the other side of the world who have to wait 3 more days :'(  These acts of heroism and compassion from our American comrades will surely ease our suffering in our time of need o:)

P.S. what I meant to say is that its always been June 9th on my end, not meaning to comment on  anywhere else, like the U.S. 

I don't YouTube, but I can beam and twitch from minute 1. I'll be playing on sim mode checking out dirt fish first then your stage then career. Probably with the R5 first because reasons 

bogani said:

P308R said:

michellem said:

So, in that video at about 00.13 seconds, looking at that black bar where the countries are listed, is the space at the right for an additional surprise location, or for the rally school, or something else, or did Codies just like an asymmetrical arrangement?

I imagine that will be a mountain range in which we can YourStage the hell out of the hillclimb discipline.

I like the idea l, but hillclimb is about learning the route to set the fastest time!

With the option to disable the co-driver we could easily simulate local sprint events with 2-3 runs on a single piece of road. Would add another challenge :)

Group B + low complexity + max length = high speed trailblazer fun

@JZStudios B-but, you forgot the almighty old flag of Provo!
(Oops, a bit late, but lately I haven't been able to post anything either on this forum or Jalopnik on PC. It says that the site was unable to process my request or something. So annoying! I had a great countdown post for the 17th and I lost it all to a malfunctioning forum.)

gfRally said:

@Rallycameraman, I see you're indulging in some arguments on the Steam forum lately.
So many disrespectful people who have the attention span of a nat and the same amount of brain cells  like a single cell organism.
It's funny to see them lose their temper though!

Link, please?  I like watching a daytime trailer trash show.. now and then

Well, Netflix has a couple seasons of Trailer Park Boys, followed by a couple movies.

Rygar86 said:

bogani said:

RipperGP said:

Realistically I would think the quickest DLC locations to implement would be Finland, Germany, Monte and Greece - would happily pay to have these added to D4

IIRC, it was stated already that Monte Carlo and Greece will not work because of the cliffside nature of the terrain.

As far as I know Paul shot down that rumour as well.

This is awesome news to Hear! Because if Greece is ever added to 'Your Stage' then I'll be like...

The sad thing is, he's now the host of the terribly unfunny Americas Funniest Videos which consists of farting babies and people being hit in the nuts.

@JZStudios B-but, you forgot the almighty old flag of Provo!
(Oops, a bit late, but lately I haven't been able to post anything either on this forum or Jalopnik on PC. It says that the site was unable to process my request or something. So annoying! I had a great countdown post for the 17th and I lost it all to a malfunctioning forum.)

Provo?!! Lads, this requires INVESTIGATING!

On a separate note, if someone bought the game in the U.S. on the 6th and gifted it to one of you European types, would you be able to play it or still have to wait till the 9th?

Investigation complete!
Provo proves to be yet another reason to not trust the Mormons. From their invasion to running Ancestry.com... Bunch of shady little buggers, their like America's Asians... technologically speaking.
httpsmediamakeamemeorgcreatedactually-mormonsjpg

I'm assuming you're talking about the old Provo flag, that was replaced in 2015, and rightly so. The new flag is.... decent.
httpswwwcollinsflagscomblogwp-contentuploads201406Provo-Flagjpg
Apparently, this abomination was adopted in 85 for the reason of: The rainbow represented the "eclectic and diverse nature" of Provo according to the city government.

In a city almost solely ran and operated by 98% Mormons.

Which looks much like
httpwwwmidatlanticmedicinecomimagescentrumjpg

The new flag is really just the geography.
httpslocaltvkstufileswordpresscom201501provo-flagpng

Honestly, I find this all extremely fascinating.

I have to, this gives a whole new meaning to "the right to bear arms." from Yaroslavl Oblast, Russia.
Silly Oblast bears cant use weapons

The forum hasn't been malfunctioning, dunno about Jalopniks

It's strange... I can't post anything from my PC but it works fine on mobile. Maybe signing out and back in again will fix it?

Winding people up is something of a past time of mine so it's pretty easy really. I've got some goon on there to believe there's a Gymkhana edition of D4

You know the guy who wrote it know there is no Gymkhana right? Because in your text is no smiley, it look serious.

I just find this hilarious.
httpsireddit9mdjpaj12oyxpng

So @KickUp, if you run your career with zero restarts and total your car against a tree. Will this mean a big blow to your credits to get the car restored or does it magically get repaired after you retired from the event?
Would be really cool if your garage ends up with a obsolete car til you have the credits available to repair it.

Ekstrom1 said:

Mattias Ekström

AUDI S1 EKS RX QUATTRO   dirt 4 dlc? 

See, even Mattias Ekström himself is disapointed his car isn't in the game!

;)

so can we play with vpn in euro land on the 6th ? i know paul said he didnt know but previously we have been allowed to vpn codie games. without a risk of a ban.

it might only seem like 3 days but lets be honest its sucks ass... :p

3 days is a pretty long time in the media age.

dgeesi0 said:

so can we play with vpn in euro land on the 6th ? i know paul said he didnt know but previously we have been allowed to vpn codie games. without a risk of a ban.

it might only seem like 3 days but lets be honest its sucks ass... :p

3 days is a pretty long time in the media age.

No idea. There is still contradictions when it comes to the actual release date. 

I've been gifted a copy from a nice person in the US just in case  :#

I'm keeping my fingers crossed :P    

3 days is too long. Can't take it.