DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

Polish people to the rescue! What are they saying? :)

https://youtu.be/pKdZOpL9XpU

versedi said:

So you'll have the package but won't be able to start it from Steam  even if you are living in Murica?

Side note, AC gameplay with Celica - sounds nice, the handling also seems nice. But the spectators are...static to say at least.

I can't get over the fact that Toyota isn't with us :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_rhpMWGXQc&feature=youtu.be

I think the stage is a mod.

bogani said:

They basically say that the game is very good. Tomasz Kuchar said it's incredible and the car handles the same as his rallycross car. Klaudia Podkalica said that the game is super and realistic. Jakub Brzeziński (former Polish Champion in CMR) didn't say anything about the handling. He was talking about different modes available. Kuba Przygoński was talking mostly about the co-driver (that you need to listen to his calls).

bogani said:

Blonde girls do Rally now?? Interesting...

Rygar86 said:

bogani said:

https://www.ewrc-results.com/profile/38005-Klaudia-Podkalicka/
https://www.google.com/search?q=podkalicka&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiJtNDF2IjUAhWhLcAKHRTlB2EQsAQIMg&biw=1745&bih=864

versedi said:

Rygar86 said:

bogani said:

https://www.ewrc-results.com/profile/38005-Klaudia-Podkalicka/
https://www.google.com/search?q=podkalicka&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiJtNDF2IjUAhWhLcAKHRTlB2EQsAQIMg&biw=1745&bih=864

I approve...

dgeesi0 said:

bogani said:

https://twitter.com/xtinamcgrath/status/867326431407243264

Its odd how its worked out this way, I haven't heard of a game getting two different release dates due to digital and physical. Oh well!

maybe its a ps4 or console deal.seems odd that steam its only the 9th there must be a reason for it.wondered if a ps4 deal was done before because of all the footage is mainly on ps4 and ps4 events.

would be great to have this cleared up.

Without saying too much on the matter it's not ideal for us, as we'd like everyone to get their hands on the game at the same time. Having said that, it was ultimately the decision of our distribution guys in the US - and being US-based, we trust they know what they're doing. ;) 

On the plus side, the date has always been June 9th, not June 6th - so if anything, there is a lucky group of people who get the play 3 days early! But then there are also some less lucky people who get 3 days more hype...

ChristinaMc said:

Without saying too much on the matter it's not ideal for us, as we'd like everyone to get their hands on the game at the same time. Having said that, it was ultimately the decision of our distribution guys in the US - and being US-based, we trust they know what they're doing. ;) 

On the plus side, the date has always been June 9th, not June 6th - so if anything, there is a lucky group of people who get the play 3 days early! But then there are also some less lucky people who get 3 days more hype...

So confirmed Steam users in the US won't get it till the 9th?  Physical copies only?

I'm not entirely certain how that will work.

AFAIK the game has to auth with Steam anyway, even if they get a physical copy,, they install via Steam.  They really must have set aside several key sets.

New screenshot of the Peugeot from an Italian preview article

dgeesi0 said:

bogani said:

https://twitter.com/xtinamcgrath/status/867326431407243264

Its odd how its worked out this way, I haven't heard of a game getting two different release dates due to digital and physical. Oh well!

maybe its a ps4 or console deal.seems odd that steam its only the 9th there must be a reason for it.wondered if a ps4 deal was done before because of all the footage is mainly on ps4 and ps4 events.

would be great to have this cleared up.

I'll be playing on Xbox on the 6th. 

carpa said:

New screenshot of the Peugeot from an Italian preview article

That's pretty old ;) picture was shown on blog couple of weeks ago.

griev0r said:

ChristinaMc said:

So confirmed Steam users in the US won't get it till the 9th?  Physical copies only?

I'm not entirely certain how that will work.

AFAIK the game has to auth with Steam anyway, even if they get a physical copy,, they install via Steam.  They really must have set aside several key sets.

@griev0r yes. 

@F2CMaDMaXX, consoles in USA seem to be the only ones that will be playing on the 6th. 

#consolemasterrace

Here is the commentary of enthusiastic video game players (and very experienced simulations) who tried it yesterday in Milan in the Codemaster event
"Indeed, the work done by Codemasters on the driving model can be perceived positively since the first kilometers, even more compared to the previous DiRT 3. However, we are far from the realism of DiRT Rally. Even choosing the most realistic difficulty level, it immediately becomes apparent that DiRT 4 does not really consider virtually the actual vehicle dynamics, weight and mass movements, suspension work, such as when driving the car In derapata: it is simply to steer at the right time and the car will do the rest of the job, with spectacular but simplistic derapate. In any situation, even the most extreme, the vehicle will always be in a nearly neutral position, so easy to handle and control. Much more is the kind of terrain, background and design of the track that will affect our driving behavior. The simplest "simpler" test clearly makes Codemasters' wish to turn everyone into rally drivers: if the bend in turn voluntarily leaves the steering wheel, thus lurking the counterpart to the pendulum effect, we will get a car as the only result Monstrously transversely, slowed down visibly, but it will also travel the curve!"

R4MO78 said:

Here is the commentary of enthusiastic video game players (and very experienced simulations) who tried it yesterday in Milan in the Codemaster event
"Indeed, the work done by Codemasters on the driving model can be perceived positively since the first kilometers, even more compared to the previous DiRT 3. However, we are far from the realism of DiRT Rally. Even choosing the most realistic difficulty level, it immediately becomes apparent that DiRT 4 does not really consider virtually the actual vehicle dynamics, weight and mass movements, suspension work, such as when driving the car In derapata: it is simply to steer at the right time and the car will do the rest of the job, with spectacular but simplistic derapate. In any situation, even the most extreme, the vehicle will always be in a nearly neutral position, so easy to handle and control. Much more is the kind of terrain, background and design of the track that will affect our driving behavior. The simplest "simpler" test clearly makes Codemasters' wish to turn everyone into rally drivers: if the bend in turn voluntarily leaves the steering wheel, thus lurking the counterpart to the pendulum effect, we will get a car as the only result Monstrously transversely, slowed down visibly, but it will also travel the curve!"

It would highly surprise me if this is true... 

Well, unless things have changed drastically since I last played it, that sounds very wrong. Either that, or they couldn't work out how to get it on sim mode

Yeah, I'm very inclined to say they turned off all assists in gamer mode.

A lot of people don't realize that gamer mode has its own assists and simulation has *it's* own assists,all separate.

They are players who participate in various international events ... not first-time boys ..
Choose between "Gamer" and Sim "I do not think so complicated by the menu ..
I would be the first to be happy if they were wrong .. but ... the doubt remains

Damn, hope that's not accurate. Gameplay videos seemed to look way better than DR (I was not a huge fan of DR physics and I was quiet vocal about it's flaws)... 

R4MO78 said:

They are players who participate in various international events ... not first-time boys ..
I would be the first to be happy if they were wrong .. but ... doubtless remains

So one random persons opinion is getting credence over the countless others who say the exact opposite. I'm more inclined to believe they didn't leave gamer handling.

You really think cm is going to blow the loads of good will they got from their communication with the community by lying through their teeth for months?

Lastly since they clearly can use different handling models why would they throw away all the work on the sim model from dirt rally?

Critical thinking goes a long way.

Scyy said:

R4MO78 said:

I would be the first to be happy if they were wrong .. but ... doubtless remains

So one random persons opinion is getting credence over the countless others who say the exact opposite. I'm more inclined to believe they didn't leave gamer handling.

You really think cm is going to blow the loads of good will they got from their communication with the community by lying through their teeth for months?

Lastly since they clearly can use different handling models why would they throw away all the work on the sim model from dirt rally?

Critical thinking goes a long way.

Obviously I will take it and I will try it by myself.
But some doubt in me was insinuated
I'm confident

Well, unless things have changed drastically since I last played it, that sounds very wrong. Either that, or they couldn't work out how to get it on sim mode

I think that description fits perfectly with gamer handling. 

bogani said:

I think that description fits perfectly with gamer handling. 

All the consoles were set to gamer apart from the two steering wheel set-ups that were set to sim. Not a single person found the simulation too easy. I know, I was watching ;)

@kickup or @ChristinaMc here's what I think is an interesting question:

Are there any questions you've been expecting and haven't seen yet? If there are, and there's a handful, can you share three of them along with the answers to those unasked questions?