F1 2020 | KNOWN KEY ISSUES | READ ME!!! Read more... ×

DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

@kickup or @ChristinaMc here's what I think is an interesting question:

Are there any questions you've been expecting and haven't seen yet? If there are, and there's a handful, can you share three of them along with the answers to those unasked questions?

Not a single one but I have been doing this for a long time so I'm prepared for most. 

Yesterday I got asked an amazing question in Milan. One that I have never been asked before and one that I really had to stop and think about. It was...

"Imagine that the Colin McRae Rally and the DiRT games never existed. How would you sell this game to me as a completely new IP?"

It's a great question because I have spent my whole career infused in the franchise and talking about what is new and improved. I have never considered the game from that perspective.

I just hope my answer was good enough  :D

dwkGravey said:

If Your Stage can create infinite routes, where are our transit stages? :lol:

A near infinite combination of routes but there is still a limit to the length of those routes ;)

Also, just play Euro Truck Simulator for the transit routes.  :p

KickUp said:

bogani said:

Well, unless things have changed drastically since I last played it, that sounds very wrong. Either that, or they couldn't work out how to get it on sim mode

I think that description fits perfectly with gamer handling. 

All the consoles were set to gamer apart from the two steering wheel set-ups that were set to sim. Not a single person found the simulation too easy. I know, I was watching ;)

Coleman takin' out the trash... B)

Seriously though, its pretty obvious these "experts" weren't really paying attention to what was going on and whilst on a 'gamer mode' machine, turned off assists and maybe selected the hardest difficulty and then assumed it was in 'sim mode'.

Needless to say, if they are Journalists and have reported these false conclusions to their subscribers etc, then they have acheived an 'EPIC FAIL' and will have to eat humble pie when they realise their mistake  :D

KickUp said:

Are there any questions you've been expecting and haven't seen yet? If there are, and there's a handful, can you share three of them along with the answers to those unasked questions?

Not a single one but I have been doing this for a long time so I'm prepared for most. 

Yesterday I got asked an amazing question in Milan. One that I have never been asked before and one that I really had to stop and think about. It was...

"Imagine that the Colin McRae Rally and the DiRT games never existed. How would you sell this game to me as a completely new IP?"

It's a great question because I have spent my whole career infused in the franchise and talking about what is new and improved. I have never considered the game from that perspective.

That's a better question then I could have ever have dreamed of. That really does make ya stop and think "hmmmmm... Well... Uh..  you see.."

Thanks for sharing. 

dgeesi0 said:

bogani said:

https://twitter.com/xtinamcgrath/status/867326431407243264

Its odd how its worked out this way, I haven't heard of a game getting two different release dates due to digital and physical. Oh well!

maybe its a ps4 or console deal.seems odd that steam its only the 9th there must be a reason for it.wondered if a ps4 deal was done before because of all the footage is mainly on ps4 and ps4 events.

would be great to have this cleared up.

I'll be playing on Xbox on the 6th. 

the 3 days penalty will be worth it for pc. :D

thanks for clearing it up.was worrying we was becoming EA get early access by playing playstation 4 cause they done a deal to get it early and the likes.

KickUp said:

Went to a job interview once where the guy put a box of light bulbs on a table in front of me and said - "assume I've never seen these before - sell me those".

I did not get that job.

https://youtu.be/078EnSMsBYc

@kickup like someone else asked, is there any chance of a demo before release? Even if it's something very limited like joy ride or dirt fish school? 

Another thing I was wondering, how much has dirt 4 been "polished" even after it went gold? Follow up question, what are rough sizes across platforms that the day 1 patch might be?

Last question (for now, you know me) 

With dirt 4, is there any thoughts of shutting down or a timeline the dirt rally online servers will stay active? 

@kickup like someone else asked, is there any chance of a demo before release? Even if it's something very limited like joy ride or dirt fish school? 

Another thing I was wondering, how much has dirt 4 been "polished" even after it went gold? Follow up question, what are rough sizes across platforms that the day 1 patch might be?

With dirt 4, is there any thoughts of shutting down or a timeline the dirt rally online servers will stay active? 

No demo plans before launch. 

A decent amount of polish but all within the limits of day one patch size consideration. 

Day one patch is going to be ~1gb

No plans to stop supporting DiRT Rally. Servers will remain active for a while. 

KickUp said:

Hi

A decent amount of polish but all within the limits of day one patch size consideration. 

Dayum, you're quick on the draw. Any insight on what was polished? Any surprises maybe? 

KickUp said:

Hi

Dayum, you're quick on the draw. Any insight on what was polished? Any surprises maybe? 

Mostly squashing some bugs and improving quality. 

bogani said:

Polish people to the rescue! What are they saying? :)

https://youtu.be/pKdZOpL9XpU

This video is well Polished!

PaloSamo said:

bogani said:

Polish people to the rescue! What are they saying? :)

https://youtu.be/pKdZOpL9XpU

This video is well Polished!

Not sure if I should give that a "LOL" or "Abuse"

KickUp said:

dwkGravey said:

If Your Stage can create infinite routes, where are our transit stages? :lol:

A near infinite combination of routes but there is still a limit to the length of those routes ;)

Also, just play Euro Truck Simulator for the transit routes.  :p

Who said we wanted long transit routes LOL :p @dwkGravey great idea, It would be awesome to drive from the service park to the first stage (a Your stage generates road that start from the Service park Time check to the start of the stage) and then you go to the stage info and load the Your Stage SS. 
If you just want to drive the stage you can skip it, but it would be cool and I think it isnt impossible 

some nice footage in that video but f### me feel like banging my head on the wall when you see some of them who get picked.many arent even media big wigs. :#

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=078EnSMsBYc

if you cant drive don't have a big following who do you have to sleep with to get these gigs ? :p

they pronouncing all the wrong words for a open mic with no guard lol.

maybe i need to buy a wallaby and go into space.

new 1:20h  stream 

DeepSilver
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/146696056

• Body is 22 characters too short.

@KickUp, you have added the feature of driving up to the marshal at the time control at the end of the stage.
Are you planning to expand on that feature?
- Driving from the time control up to the start line.
- Driving out of your area in the service park to the exit.
- Entering the service park, getting your car washed and drive to your area in the service park.

That would be amazing to have. That's my opinion though but what do you guys think?

Rygar86 said:

nystedt88 said:

• Body is 22 characters too short.

Thanks @nystedt88 ! :)

Direct link to the video: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/146696056

I just started watching and I was expecting William Marsh from the last video, but he has a different person with him this time.

That hairpin inside the Spanish Villa it's some sort of epic! We need a MkII to write down the asphalt stat

Rygar86 said:
nystedt88 said:

Thanks @nystedt88 ! :)

Direct link to the video: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/146696056

I just started watching and I was expecting William Marsh from the last video, but he has a different person with him this time.

That hairpin inside the Spanish Villa it's some sort of epic! We need a MkII to write down the asphalt stat

I know, that was indeed an intense angle :smiley: Gonna need to really nail the handbrake timing to get those ones right ;)

Yeah, its a shame nearly all the videos I have seen are the more modern cars, except maybe the Dirt Show recently and a couple of other snippets. I would love to see footage of some of the older RWD and group B cars in D4, oh and some group A Scuby! Maybe we'll get lucky with some new stuff soon.