Jump to content

DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

 

Message added by PJTierney

Recommended Posts

10 days left so I've decided to work on my wheel setup so I'll start creating my own rig.

First trouble: arrange room to calculate max width of the rig.

That's a problem. Even though my room's not that small (4.5-5 x 4m) it has doors and windows on shorter sides and balcony window on the longer side. If it wouldn't be hard enough the internet and power plugs are also on the same side the balcony is and they're in the center of it (only one power plug on the other side of wall).


Anyone experienced with room planning? ^^


I'm going with this one, though I'm miser so I won't be buying the plans for 32.90$.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wXw60Wiizw


Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
About the nothing to report from the Marshall when this is said is there still the possibility of a stopped car on the stage as it could have stopped while you were already on stage 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
KevM said:
https://youtu.be/j5xapB-LEVk

The 'proper' Impreza WRC now, in a very misty Michigan 
I asked him to record the 306 Maxi in sunny Spain  o:)

He's on controller though, but better than nothing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
306 on tar will be awesome.

I'm fully horned for an Ascona, full of the rack, on gravel though lol



a Grp B Quattro on full chat in Michigan 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
KevM said:
306 on tar will be awesome.

I'm fully horned for an Ascona, full of the rack, on gravel though lol



a Grp B Quattro on full chat in Michigan 
Agree with the Ascona. I'd rather see that with a wheel though :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey

I have a CSR elite wheel with the elite pedals and shifter. I know it wont work anymore on the PS4, but would it work on a Xone? In the list from your previous roadbook it states for PC a CSL elite wheel base and also a CSR elite wheel. But on the list for Xone it states only a CSL elite wheel (without the base). Shouldn't that be a CSR wheel instead?

Or did you mean a CSL elite wheel base?

In the best case my current wheel (CSR elite) works on the Xone and I could opt to buy a new or used Xone and I'm set to drive Dirt4. In the worst case it doesn't work and I keep my ps4 but I would have to buy new wheel plus pedals plus shifter=very expensive as my current setup is awesome and everything works splendid.

I really hope anyone can help me out because I cannot test it myself in 2 weeks without buying Dirt4 for the Xone as there will be no demo.

Thx in advance @KickUp

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
versedi said:
10 days left so I've decided to work on my wheel setup so I'll start creating my own rig.

First trouble: arrange room to calculate max width of the rig.

That's a problem. Even though my room's not that small (4.5-5 x 4m) it has doors and windows on shorter sides and balcony window on the longer side. If it wouldn't be hard enough the internet and power plugs are also on the same side the balcony is and they're in the center of it (only one power plug on the other side of wall).


Anyone experienced with room planning? ^^


I'm going with this one, though I'm miser so I won't be buying the plans for 32.90$.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wXw60Wiizw



No need for plans, just measure up where you sit in your car.  What size screen are you working with?   


BTW:  That video is way to distracting to get any info from.  ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 days till release and my G27 is broken... FML
Does anyone here have an experience with Thrustmaster T150? I know there're Fanatec and other good wheels out there, but they will cost tremendously more because of the shipping cost. Even T150 will be ~300$ here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
gfRally said:
versedi said:


No need for plans, just measure up where you sit in your car.  What size screen are you working with?   


BTW:  That video is way to distracting to get any info from.  ;)
Currently single 21" but I'm gonna preserve a space for a triple monitor setup.

I'm planning to attach them to the wall on hangers so I'll be able to get them right behind the wheel. 
Second options are separate stander for them (DIY), and then desk hangers - cheaper but less efficient.


Yea, the video is a bit distracting :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lynx2000 said:
About the nothing to report from the Marshall when this is said is there still the possibility of a stopped car on the stage as it could have stopped while you were already on stage 
Yes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey

I have a CSR elite wheel with the elite pedals and shifter. I know it wont work anymore on the PS4, but would it work on a Xone? In the list from your previous roadbook it states for PC a CSL elite wheel base and also a CSR elite wheel. But on the list for Xone it states only a CSL elite wheel (without the base). Shouldn't that be a CSR wheel instead?

Or did you mean a CSL elite wheel base?

In the best case my current wheel (CSR elite) works on the Xone and I could opt to buy a new or used Xone and I'm set to drive Dirt4. In the worst case it doesn't work and I keep my ps4 but I would have to buy new wheel plus pedals plus shifter=very expensive as my current setup is awesome and everything works splendid.

I really hope anyone can help me out because I cannot test it myself in 2 weeks without buying Dirt4 for the Xone as there will be no demo.

Thx in advance @KickUp

It should be CSL Elite Wheel Base on the list. It’s missing the base part and so is the Fanatec CSR Elite Wheel.

 Regarding the CSR on XB1. As it is an Xbox 360 peripheral it won’t work on an XB1.                 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
To qualify for the pre-order bonuses (IE: the Hyundai), what would be the latest possible time to order? Would it be prior to the 6th, when it's going to be available to some, or the 9th when it's available to me on Steam?

Thanks anyone who knows

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
KickUp said:

Hey

I have a CSR elite wheel with the elite pedals and shifter. I know it wont work anymore on the PS4, but would it work on a Xone? In the list from your previous roadbook it states for PC a CSL elite wheel base and also a CSR elite wheel. But on the list for Xone it states only a CSL elite wheel (without the base). Shouldn't that be a CSR wheel instead?

Or did you mean a CSL elite wheel base?

In the best case my current wheel (CSR elite) works on the Xone and I could opt to buy a new or used Xone and I'm set to drive Dirt4. In the worst case it doesn't work and I keep my ps4 but I would have to buy new wheel plus pedals plus shifter=very expensive as my current setup is awesome and everything works splendid.

I really hope anyone can help me out because I cannot test it myself in 2 weeks without buying Dirt4 for the Xone as there will be no demo.

Thx in advance @KickUp

It should be CSL Elite Wheel Base on the list. It’s missing the base part and so is the Fanatec CSR Elite Wheel.

 Regarding the CSR on XB1. As it is an Xbox 360 peripheral it won’t work on an XB1.                 

*website FAQ has been updated to clarify! Thanks for bringing it to our attention.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
To qualify for the pre-order bonuses (IE: the Hyundai), what would be the latest possible time to order? Would it be prior to the 6th, when it's going to be available to some, or the 9th when it's available to me on Steam?

Thanks anyone who knows
If you're pre-ordering on Steam, then you need to ensure you've placed your pre-order before 9th June! Hypothetically you could place your order the evening of the 8th June and get the pre-order goodies - but due to local times etc, we'd recommend doing it the day before!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bogani said:
KevM said:
https://youtu.be/j5xapB-LEVk

The 'proper' Impreza WRC now, in a very misty Michigan 
I asked him to record the 306 Maxi in sunny Spain  o:)

He's on controller though, but better than nothing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTOzHU0j9fQ
just what the doctor ordered!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tommorow my new salary is there so will be waiting with my mouse on the pre order button to click it at the moment the moment the money is there. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Microsoft just emailed my pre-order confirmation & invoice.

The email says DiRT 4 is available from the 8th June!


Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ark13700 said:
bogani said:
KevM said:
https://youtu.be/j5xapB-LEVk

The 'proper' Impreza WRC now, in a very misty Michigan 
I asked him to record the 306 Maxi in sunny Spain  o:)

He's on controller though, but better than nothing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTOzHU0j9fQ
just what the doctor ordered!
That thing in Spain was supposed to be fog or a sandstorm? It looked really cool but weird...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ark13700 said:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTOzHU0j9fQ
just what the doctor ordered!
Oh, that was great. Fog at 1:09 looked kinda strange indeed, but I like it.
Now I just need a new wheel...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Not overly convinced by the fog I've seen on this one and the Michigan one with the Impreza, but the footage coming out is getting better and better. 

Also, didn't realise Elonex were still going strong! My first ever PC was one of theirs, but hadn't heard from them for a while. Seems this digital marketing thing works...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akUZB2Rk9Sg

Finally some E2 footage!                           

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jepsertti said:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akUZB2Rk9Sg

Finally some E2 footage!                           
Yeah that one was blocked before.

The sound is behaving a bit strange in the replay. Maybe the recording.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×