DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

human1101 said:
how come so many are getting early access to the game?
Those guys are mostly also the guys who tested the game last year 

Rygar86 said:
Very interesting, he goes through nearly all the menu options and cars!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PrlwCp6q6c

All looks great.
re: Branding Suite I do hope we'll be seeing more livery patterns than the 7 or 8 currently available, in the future though. Maybe through DLC packs?  
I'd pay for stuff like that.

Had a quick 30 min blast on D4 before work this morning. 
First impressions are good. FFB feels better and improved over DR. 
Cool new sound effect when you get a puncture. Environments look spectacular in sunset. 
Today is going to go soooo slow at work.
Was playing around in Dirtfish last night, the physics are so much better. The steering has the right amount of sensitivity now whereas in DR it was a bit too much. Tarmac physics are also very much improved.
Thanks @Rallycameraman and @SirPhilMcKraken This is what we've been hearing so far, but I'm really glad to be hearing this from you guys :smiley:

Super happy about your report of the forcefeeback RCM! I think I heard this once before but forgot that this is meant to be improved as well, which is very exciting to me because I think Dirt Rally's Forcefeedback is already very good! :smiley:

human1101 said:
I'd just like to re-iterate this, as I can appreciate it might be not very clear at the moment! Everyone on the forums with early access to the game has been under NDA with what they've seen previously, and they're essentially testing the patched version for us. It's Steam only testing at the moment too - so please spare a thought for our community testers who play on console! ;) I know it's super frustrating for those of you who want a hands on, but got to do this stuff by the book. 

Can't believe it's actually a week today until the full public release of the game! November last year when we first played the game seems sooooo long ago!

human1101 said:
I'd just like to re-iterate this, as I can appreciate it might be not very clear at the moment! Everyone on the forums with early access to the game has been under NDA with what they've seen previously, and they're essentially testing the patched version for us. It's Steam only testing at the moment too - so please spare a thought for our community testers who play on console! ;) I know it's super frustrating for those of you who want a hands on, but got to do this stuff by the book. 

Thanks for clearing that up, still wish i could get into it though, specially being a long weedend here so i would have plenty of time to put into it with no pesky work interruptions

do you know what time of the day it will unlock on steam?

human1101 said:

Thanks for clearing that up, still wish i could get into it though, specially being a long weedend here so i would have plenty of time to put into it with no pesky work interruptions

And who wouldn't :D

so please spare a thought for our community testers who play on console! ;) 
Well at least it's going to be a shorter wait than DiRT Rally going from PC to console! 

Rygar86 said:

All looks great.
re: Branding Suite I do hope we'll be seeing more livery patterns than the 7 or 8 currently available, in the future though. Maybe through DLC packs?  
I'm hoping that these livery patterns can be edited so the mod community can create these DLC packs you speak of...

PC Master race and all that jazz.

Okay, I'm gonna be bold now and put out a request to the folks who are already playing D4!

Any videos involving the following would be massively appreciated:

*The Scuby 95 Impreza
*The Lancia Delta Integrali
*The Renault Alpine or other Historic RWD of this class.
*Anything Group B Rally!
*Cross Carts!

Bur preferably in Wales, Spain or Australia if you dont mind. This would be an awesome treat right now and make the wait that much more bearable!  :p

If you include some chase cam (close) replay at the end, well that would be like fresh strawberries on top of my chocolate cake! :smiley:

If you can do this, it goes without saying that...

human1101 said:
human1101 said:

Midnight, your local time. :D

human1101 said:
human1101 said:

But but but I've got work the day after... When am I supposed to sleep!

Rygar86 said:

All looks great.
I'm hoping that these livery patterns can be edited so the mod community can create these DLC packs you speak of...

PC Master race and all that jazz.
Somebody think of the peasants!

human1101 said:
human1101 said:

Sleep? Sleep is for the Gamer Handlers ;)

human1101 said:
human1101 said:

I've got a 5 hour drive to Scotland!

Hi Christina,
during the last live show from your HQ someone mentioned, it will be released on steam "at least 4-5 days earlier". Can you tell us a fix date right now?

LutzM said:
Hi Christina,
during the last live show from your HQ someone mentioned, it will be released on steam "at least 4-5 days earlier". Can you tell us a fix date right now?

I think they have said that they're aiming for monday

human1101 said:
human1101 said:

is that midnight the 9th or midnight the 10th?

human1101 said:
human1101 said:
human1101 said:

9th. As in you can play all day the 9th. (If you have time)

human1101 said:
human1101 said:
human1101 said:

Guessing it will be midnight between 8th and 9th.

In Auckland, NZ it's already Saturday 00:30 so theoretically using VPN will allow me to play on Thursday 14:00. 

so that would be 12:00 noon on  the 8th in the UK?, i guess i can stay awake for that, i always stay up and watch wrx live show when thats on

human1101 said:
so that would be 12:00 noon on  the 8th in the UK?, i guess i can stay awake for that, i always stay up and watch wrx live show when thats on
00:00am, Friday 8th

versedi said:
In Auckland, NZ it's already Saturday 00:30 so theoretically using VPN will allow me to play on Thursday 14:00. 
Its a shame i dont still run my vpn, but the server i was running it off was getting too expensive so i had to close it down