DIRT 5 - Chat about the game and get support here. Read more... ×

DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

I'm really looking forward to cross platform weeklys and such! I can't wait to see how much further down the leaderboards I am with two other platforms!
Don't worry! There are always people further down. Me for example ....

@KickUp Can wheels be colored as well in the livery editor?

Sorry for the DP!

Scyy said:
So @Porkhammer . I was looking through a number of your videos on YouTube and saw in one of the comment threads where you said the game almost had to much grip. How would you rate it compared to dirt rally in that aspect?
Grip levels are completely different, kind of hard to compare them. I just feel the butt of the cars in Dirt 4 should kick out more, especially during handbrake turns.
yes on hair pins where you goto hand brake its like they stuburn pigs but overall massive improvement over Dirt rally on some cars.i just done my first night rally in Wales generated by Your stage in the Metro 6R4 ( video up soon :D) and i can honestly say nothing i played is as good.ever !

wales kinda felt flat in Dirt rally if you get my drift . in this you can feel the bumps the uneveness and you know on a 3 corner how banks or little turns are you have to be bang on catch them and your f****** :p so you really have to concentrate.

then add in night and oh my.its Dark !! your visibility is short but in a good way that really makes you listen to co driver. add in the sim handling which im using and its a battle ! sweating buckets :D. forget going to the gym. play Dirt 4. B)

JZStudios said:
My only issue thus far has been a couple of late calls. It's a pleasure listening to both the welsh wizard and the Horsey woman.
Hey! You be nice to her, she's a wonderful lady!
...that's her name. Jen Horsey. I'm not calling her horsey... I mean I did, but...

meh. potato

Oh right, also forgot to ask for anyone owning DiRT 4 already - How harsh is "Ground Cover" on the PC this time? It was way too heavy in DR, so wondering.

JZStudios said:
My only issue thus far has been a couple of late calls. It's a pleasure listening to both the welsh wizard and the Horsey woman.
...that's her name. Jen Horsey. I'm not calling her horsey... I mean I did, but...

meh. potato
So, she's not a centaur/centauress?

P308R said:
@KickUp Can wheels be colored as well in the livery editor?

Sorry for the DP!
Sadly not. It wasn't as simple as we had hoped. One for the next one. 

Has anyone else ordered their copy from Tesco? I just checked my order confirmation and it says "delivery by Monday 12th June": I hope going for the steelbook doesn't mean I don't get it before the weekend!

tbtstt said:
Has anyone else ordered their copy from Tesco? I just checked my order confirmation and it says "delivery by Monday 12th June": I hope going for the steelbook doesn't mean I don't get it before the weekend!
Yeah me too, it worried me as well, but the delivery dates in the email say between Thursday the 8th and Monday the 12th, so hopefully it should come on Thursday and Friday. It does say on the website pre order for delivery on day of release, so I'm hopeful

2 different guys doing Part 3 of their career mode D4 series, should be interesting. Plus below these is a 2.5 hour stream from William Marsh of Sim Racing Paddock.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DvAu4U1VVg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kdVrKPi2yo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDc3qpz6gG4

tbtstt said:
Now that would really suck!

Right, my mate and co-driver, Simen, has gotten hold of a code for the PS4 version, so I had the chance to sit down some time with the game yesterday. Although his wheel isn't set up the way I want at all, I did enjoy the physics of the rallycross cars and landrush trucks. However: The rallying physics were a let down. I found most of the cars I drove way too grippy with a lot of understeer. I actually prefer the loose surface rallying physics of DiRT Rally over my experience with DiRT 4 so far. This was of course running the simulation handling mode. Of course, I'm not going to jump to the final conclusion before I get to test the game on my own setup and fiddle around with the car setups, but I was a little disappointed by that.

Oh... that's not good...

Pre-Code me so I can fill the forum with positive  tales & replays  of RWD over-steer simulation wonderfulness lol

Benniz said:
Right, my mate and co-driver, Simen, has gotten hold of a code for the PS4 version, so I had the chance to sit down some time with the game yesterday. Although his wheel isn't set up the way I want at all, I did enjoy the physics of the rallycross cars and landrush trucks. However: The rallying physics were a let down. I found most of the cars I drove way too grippy with a lot of understeer. I actually prefer the loose surface rallying physics of DiRT Rally over my experience with DiRT 4 so far. This was of course running the simulation handling mode. Of course, I'm not going to jump to the final conclusion before I get to test the game on my own setup and fiddle around with the car setups, but I was a little disappointed by that.
Just curious. Were you doing sim mode with no assets at all either?

remember its not the same as Dirt rally and you want to adjust your set ups.

Youngr - Out Of My System (menu music, a version with no lyrics is in the game)
=> That song is absolutely adorable, such a chill tune. :)  But I prefer the instrumental version from the game for sure.
BTW, My Dirt 4 seems to be pre-loading on XBox One.  Good stuff so that won't be a delay on friday 9th. :)
I hope they apply this Day One patch before the 9th as well.

KickUp said:
LutzM said:
But the players car(s) must be saved anywhere else, I mean the ones that the player can edit himself in the branding suite...
Maybe it's easier to find/edit them...
Because the branding suite liveries are essentially a set of values, I believe they aren't really saved anywhere as a livery they are just a few bits of data. This means that when you load into a multiplayer race with 7 other players using their own branding suite liveries the system can display those opponents on your machine without a massive download. 
So... could we potentially swap out the logos for different/higher res ones?

JZStudios said:

meh. potato
So, she's not a centaur/centauress?
That's frankly just quite disappointing.

The Gameriot videos have the AI set to the hardest level available I believe, but he's winning easily despite multiple spins/rolls/crashes per stage. As one of the things I loved about DR was that I couldn't win at it, was a little disappointed to see that.

The Gameriot videos have the AI set to the hardest level available I believe, but he's winning easily despite multiple spins/rolls/crashes per stage. As one of the things I loved about DR was that I couldn't win at it, was a little disappointed to see that.
i would assume even on the hardest ai settings that it would be easy to beat them for the first few races though, and the difficulty would ramp up, as the game doesnt know you have spent 100's of hours honing you skills in dirt rally

DiRT 4 Gameplay Career Mode Part 2: CREATING OUR OWN RALLY TEAM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqtK35nSkuk

Does anyone know if you can select "Manual Sequential or H-Pattern with clutch" like in Dirt Rally, where the option changes based on what car you're driving?

#1 Your Stage Australia Comparison Test Drive from Inside Sim Racing
#2 Stream from Sim Racing Paddock.
#3 First Moments - DiRT 4 from Geek Culture Podcast

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjJKpUD_rVQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZR77bhSA28

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asVg63d1loo