DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

Scyy said:
SamRWD said:
Trying to make concrete claims based off of watching a video without actually FEELING how the car feels on a wheel is missing a huge aspect of actually judging the physics. If you don't actually know the exact inputs being used you're missing a huge portion of understanding how the physics are actually effecting the car considering how much pedal control and steering inputs effect how the car will behave.

+ 1000

Guys, just like @SamRWD said, just wait till June 9th till we all can actualy try the game, and then we can discuss physics. Judging physics by watching footage it isn't the same than actually have played the game, and felt how cars feel / behave.

@KickUp

is there any chance for some older rallycross cars such as: sverre isachsen´s ford focus ST and kenneth hansen´s C4..cars between 2000 and 2010?
the focus st and the c4 was in dirt 3 so it would be awesome to have that class to :)

ark13700 said:
Tiametmarduk doing some rallycross, and it looks superb.
The action really does look similar to the actual World RX broadcast, all it needs is faster AI. 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrfOiRweKys

Watching this rallycross, some questions come to mind.

- Cars are squashed in the rear view mirror.
- Does the spotter give us information about opponent position for overtaking (inside/outside/clear)?
- Is a virtual rear view mirror optional?
- Can we activate position indicators (inside/outside/clear)?
- Looking at the repair menu, I am missing the option to clean the car. I could swear that I've seen that in some older videos?

1. We focus more on the main game rendering than the mirrors and as a result they don't look fanatastic. Especially on Xbox One
2. In Rallycross the spotter focuses on Joker tactics rather than track position. This is based on information we've recieved talking to the RX teams about what they focus on in the race. In Landrush the spotter talks more about vehicle position. 
3. Not on console only on PC
4. No
5. It's in the inspection tab, if you select repairs first then the option is greyed out but if you clean first then it reduces inspection times. 

nystedt88 said:
@KickUp

is there any chance for some older rallycross cars such as: sverre isachsen´s ford focus ST and kenneth hansen´s C4..cars between 2000 and 2010?
the focus st and the c4 was in dirt 3 so it would be awesome to have that class to :)
It's a cool idea. So there is always a chance

I do agree with 'wait & play', yes, but the more advanced games get, the more you can actually get an idea of by just watching.

Like the RSRBR vid I posted earlier, the physics look nice but the surface of the stage looks really smooth & doesn't provide much interaction or unsettling of the car.

KickUp said:
nystedt88 said:
@KickUp

that would be amazing! 

KevM said:
I do agree with 'wait & play', yes, but the more advanced games get, the more you can actually get an idea of by just watching.

Like the RSRBR vid I posted earlier, the physics look nice but the surface of the stage looks really smooth & doesn't provide much interaction or unsettling of the car.

Oh I definitely agree you can gain something just by watching. But as I was saying earlier without being the one doing the inputs it's never going to be a truly accurate representation.

For example I watch @porkhammer and don't really see any oversteer at all but I watch some of the other streamers like sim racing paddock who admits he's not a big rally driver getting snap oversteer and spinning lots. So the different inputs are showing completely different car behavior.

KickUp said:
1. We focus more on the main game rendering than the mirrors and as a result they don't look fanatastic. Especially on Xbox One
2. In Rallycross the spotter focuses on Joker tactics rather than track position. This is based on information we've recieved talking to the RX teams about what they focus on in the race. In Landrush the spotter talks more about vehicle position. 
3. Not on console only on PC
4. No
5. It's in the inspection tab, if you select repairs first then the option is greyed out but if you clean first then it reduces inspection times. 

Thank you for the reply!

1. It's ok, was just wondering.
3. Good to know. I am on PC :smile:
5. Ahh, alright. I thought it was in the chassis tab.

KickUp said:
nystedt88 said:
@KickUp

That would be great. Will Gollops Peugeot would also be good as would other cars from different eras
ie 70s,80s,90s ect.

Ooh. I have access to a 180 seat theater with a 20ft screen on Wednesday night.
Guess what I'll be playing...?

I'll post a pic.

I actually had a dream last night where someone let me play DiRT4, not even kidding :D I think I need to lay off the forums for a while

Didzis said:
I actually had a dream last night where someone let me play DiRT4, not even kidding :D I think I need to lay off the forums for a while
How was it?

very wet..... :# :p :D                                                                                 

JZStudios said:
Didzis said:
How was it?
Sadly I don't remember much after getting behind the wheel :(

@KickUp 

Can you confirm if we do in fact have the "sequential or H-pattern" option that automatically selects based on the car? I know this was added late in Dirt Rally's development, so I'm hoping it didn't get forgotten in D4. :)

Can anyone who is already playing D4 or @KickUp answer the questions below please? These questions are for the PC version.

1)what are the key commands for controlling replays in Dirt Rally and will they be the same in Dirt 4?

2)Also wondering if I can use a controller (xbox or ps3 etc) for menus and replay commands while having my wheel plugged in or does the wheel take over these devices automatically?

3) And lastly is there mouse control in the menus and replays for the PC version of Dirt 4?

Rygar86 said:
dgeesi0 said:
1) f keys
2) not sure on controller.
3) yes you can use mouse
Thanks @dgeesi0 :smile:
2) you should be able to bind those functions to your controller 

I was watching Vajb stream and there was a Welsh stage with 15,66km on the Career and it looked amazing! Nice to see that the DiRT team squeezed a few more kms!

ShodanCat said:
@KickUp 

Can you confirm if we do in fact have the "sequential or H-pattern" option that automatically selects based on the car? I know this was added late in Dirt Rally's development, so I'm hoping it didn't get forgotten in D4. :)
I would really like to know the answer to this too. It was a fantastic addition to DiRT Rally and would really like to see it in DiRT 4 because going to options and changing the shifter layout manually for every car is really annoying.

I just did the Daily, flat out in an Alpine through Michigan had me at the seat of my pants the whole run but holy hell, thats possibly some of the most fun I've had so far. 

I just did the Daily, flat out in an Alpine through Michigan had me at the seat of my pants the whole run but holy hell, thats possibly some of the most fun I've had so far. 
I've really been keen to see some D4 Alpine footage but so far haven't seen any, did you record this stage by any chance? I would love to see it.