DIRT 5 - Chat about the game and get support here. Read more... ×

DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

KickUp said:
P308R said:
@KickUp Can wheels be colored as well in the livery editor?

Sorry for the DP!
Sadly not. It wasn't as simple as we had hoped. One for the next one. 
Sorry to bring this up again Paul but can the "stock" color of the rims change depending on the design. I understand the color can't be chosen seperately but I could imagine it could change to a preset.  Dirt Rally had multiple colors for the rims. If we are restricted to one color do the preset liveries, created by your team, have different rim colors available?

Last question: Have the liveries from Dirt Rally carried over? There are some lovely ones in there!

KickUp said:
Rygar86 said:
dgeesi0 said:
1) f keys
2) not sure on controller.
3) yes you can use mouse
Thanks @dgeesi0 :smile:
2) you should be able to bind those functions to your controller 
Thanks @KickUp very happy to hear this :) Also, @dgeesi0 confirmed that mouse can be used but I would like to confirm if this is for the replays as well, not just menus? The main reason is that for me, its a  more intuitive to use a mouse for these functions, including being able to click on the progress bar of the replay to jump to a specific point, just like when using a media player (YouTube or VLC player etc) were you don't have to rewind or fast forward to get to a particular place.

Is this possible?

No sorry I didn't                                    
Not cool @SirPhilMcKraken You're not allowed to get us all excited about Alpine Michigan stories and then not share your frantic escapades via Youtube! It's cruel and unkind  :'( 

Mouse is usable in replays                     
Awesome! And you can click on the progress bar to jump around instantly?! :smiley:

awesome, this has gone from a gossip thread to a bitch fest from people speculating about something they don't even know about first hand.

awesome, this has gone from a gossip thread to a **** fest from people speculating about something they don't even know about first hand.
Isn't that what gossip is?

A lot of good stuff passed by while I being busy with BA exams... Dearie me and my studies!! By the way, those crashes would have been fancy inadvertently.

That I haven't tried...when I'm back on tomorrow I'll try and remember to check :P
Thanks @SirPhilMcKraken really appreciate if you can do this :smile:

ark13700 said:
awesome, this has gone from a gossip thread to a **** fest from people speculating about something they don't even know about first hand.
In the real world maybe. But the first 1000 pages were hope, hype and joy. Now, it's half hype and half bickering about unknowns based on videos.

Sheesh, the Alpine in today's daily!!!   Handful at that speed, lots of fun, would recommend, 11/10

Sheesh, the Alpine in today's daily!!!   Handful at that speed, lots of fun, would recommend, 11/10
thats not fair, you know we can't

The PorkMeister + Beastly German Machinery = Epic Goodness :smiley:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDG07JX0jPQ

Could def need some setup tweaks. It was scary to say the least!

ark13700 said:
Actually it is not.

ark13700 said:
Found a decent crash montageeeeeeeeeeeee
https://youtu.be/0A_wt-K1-gg
The more I'm watching D4 footage the less simulation it seems to be in my eyes. This video shows nothing but unrealistic handling of damage including physics (in regard to absorbing collision energy) as well as visuals (barrelly visible body deformations, loosing parts etc  even after hard crash/roll

Maybe I'm naive, but still hoping such videos are recorded in an arcade mode

Why has it not been any footage of xbox one version? Are the graphics in 8bit or what?

@KickUp

Will dirt 4 get a patch when scorpio ships out withe better fps and resolution?

MaXyMsrpl said:
ark13700 said:
Found a decent crash montageeeeeeeeeeeee
https://youtu.be/0A_wt-K1-gg
The more I'm watching D4 footage the less simulation it seems to be in my eyes. This video shows nothing but unrealistic handling of damage including physics (in regard to absorbing collision energy) as well as visuals (barrelly visible body deformations, loosing parts etc  even after hard crash/roll

Maybe I'm naive, but still hoping such videos are recorded in an arcade mode
There are very few games that handle crash physics and damage to the extent you're looking for. But still, there are footage were crashes looks extremely convincing. Remember the Opel Adam crash in Sweden filmed from helicopter?