DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

I can't wait to see people's faces when dirt showdown 2 is announced
When I use the phrase "We listened to community feedback" I'll loop you into the tweet then :P
Not sure if I fancy 18k people blaming me for that!

When I use the phrase "We listened to community feedback" I'll loop you into the tweet then :P

I can already feel the hate lol

Evilsmurf said:

I can already feel the hate lol
Thats like Van Halen asking Gary Cherone to come back and do another album

Your Twitter feed would make for interesting reading, that's for sure! 

You guys should go and read the 2015 F1 announcement thread. Never have I seen so many moaning spoilt brats. Absolutely pathetic and hilarious at the same time. 

I distinctly remember in February that @RallyDriven said he would love to see Showdown 2
Now I understand why he was so happy and excited during and after the visit to Codies HQ! :O

Not sure if any of you guys wander over to the Dark Side of the forum to the F1 section... Peeps there are rather impatient and demanding videos and info now! Amateurs... ;) 

But then again I can see why... I got an impression following the F1 game announcement that from now the communication about the game will be open and regular. I'm sure the Community Managers would rather not ignore repeated questions, so I guess their hands are tied by the people above or the FOM? I dunno...

Nevertheless, I'm hoping that once a DiRT game is announced the communication will be less restricted... right @justbiglee ?

Not sure if any of you guys wander over to the Dark Side of the forum to the F1 section... Peeps there are rather impatient and demanding videos and info now! Amateurs... ;)  

Pfffft. What a bunch of amateurs. Try waiting 3+ years for just a stream of teasers and a couple of unexplained hash tagged numbers. Then you can moan about the lack of videos...

I'm glad none of those whiners are in these forums. 
It's not THAT bad to me honestly, I can see the reason they're frustrated. They do really love F1 :smiley:
And we love rally: I daresay we manage to conduct ourselves in a slightly more mature fashion in this part of the forum though...

(...which is no small feat given how much of a wind-up merchant @justbiglee is).

tbtstt said:
It's not THAT bad to me honestly, I can see the reason they're frustrated. They do really love F1 :smiley:
And we love rally: I daresay we manage to conduct ourselves in a slightly more mature fashion in this part of the forum though...

(...which is no small feat given how much of a wind-up merchant @justbiglee is).
haha! Yeah, slightly different feeling between forums but I'm hoping to at least start to change that. I love the mood of you guys in these forums and I 100% honestly think I can at least start to get F1 heading in that direction. At least, that's the goal :neutral: 

Oh so quiet on the Gossip front... 

Let's make stuff up then.

The next DiRT will be released on the 44th Monday of 2015.

Hmmm.....

if you take 44 from the total weeks in the year: 52-44=8

Now Divide that by the number of digits in the original number: 8/2=4

Now for the tricky bit:

If you take into account the fact that my Yaris is a 2001 GS VVT-i

then 2+1=3...

add the 2 0's and you get 300...

add the day part of the date that the comment quoted above was posted = 322

subtract the 4 for April gives you 318...

Okay, now remember how the number of the week had 2 digits? Well, if you take that 2 from 318, you get 316.

Factor in the fact that Codies HQ is in England, as is the DiRT team, so you end up with £316.

Since that's my monthly car insurance payment, it cancels with the vehicle above,

So now all that's left is to put everything together and add to it that @jusbiglee's a torturous troll, which will then reveal the the next DiRT game does NOT release on the 44th Monday of the year, but rather on the Wednesday of the same week.

Well I just found Dirt 4 (drt.exe) settings after I updated my nvidia drivers on my laptop: 
Interesting again! Why drt.exe instead of dirt.exe? Does it stand for DiRT Revo Tetris? DiRT Rigorous Terrain?

Actually, I'm pretty sure it's something far simpler, namely the DiRT Rally Team app, which gives people live updates on how Jon Tucker and Paul Coleman are doing with their Rallying, as well as providing realtime redering of the car and terrain and photos and videos post Rally...

Also, it'll let you manage your team for whatever discipline you choose to play most of on the next DiRT Game.

Yeah it has definitely been worse on previous Codemasters Forums! :P I can absolutely see why they're frustrated too, the lack of info has honestly been disappointing for me too, but I understand why we can't have it all now. I just hope a lot of cool new things are lined up for the next few weeks as release date is actually coming up real soon.

But damn I want a new DiRT game! :p

haha! Yeah, slightly different feeling between forums but I'm hoping to at least start to change that.
You had me scared for a minute there.

I thought you were planning some kind of hostile takeover here, so you could force everyone down to the lowest common denominator.
I guess I'm just a little paranoid, given how many other institutions have found that route easier than raising the bar on the sub-par performers.

Some pretty good looking screenshots from Seb Loeb Rally Evo have appeared:

http://www.teamvvv.com/en/news/comments/Stunning-Sbastien-Loeb-Rally-Evo-Australia-stage-screenshots-show-fine-detail

I'm a big fan of Rally Australia stages - I love the look of the orange /red dirt :)  I once drove a Nissan Micra on a dirt road in Oz and that pretty much makes me a rally driver. 

Within the article there's a link to a piece which appeared on Eurogamer Italy. It's difficult to know for sure from Google Translate, but the number of cars and stages looks appealing. Hopefully, they'll strike a good balance with the handling. For us the fans, the more rally games the better. So if they manage to pull of a good job with the handling then it's only for our benefit :) 

What I wonder though is why aren't Codies releasing any screenshots? Milestone's game is about 6 months away and I struggle to see how releasing these screens puts their game in jeopardy? 

Codies won't be able to work with Loeb now, they can try and go after the cars they licenced, but since they're already licenced Codies would be at licence holder mercy anyway. In order to produce stages from Oz they need to have started already... 

So my question is why not release anything Codies? I've seen what you have, I've played it and whatever you decide to show will only be impressive and loved by fans of your game... 

http://www.teamvvv.com/en/news/comments/Stunning-Sbastien-Loeb-Rally-Evo-Australia-stage-screenshots-show-fine-detail

I'm a big fan of Rally Australia stages - I love the look of the orange /red dirt :)  I once drove a Nissan Micra on a dirt road in Oz and that pretty much makes me a rally driver. 

Within the article there's a link to a piece which appeared on Eurogamer Italy. It's difficult to know for sure from Google Translate, but the number of cars and stages looks appealing. Hopefully, they'll strike a good balance with the handling. For us the fans, the more rally games the better. So if they manage to pull of a good job with the handling then it's only for our benefit :) 

What I wonder though is why aren't Codies releasing any screenshots? Milestone's game is about 6 months away and I struggle to see how releasing these screens puts their game in jeopardy? 

Codies won't be able to work with Loeb now, they can try and go after the cars they licenced, but since they're already licenced Codies would be at licence holder mercy anyway. In order to produce stages from Oz they need to have started already... 

So my question is why not release anything Codies? I've seen what you have, I've played it and whatever you decide to show will only be impressive and loved by fans of your game... 

Exactly. Their marketing strategy for DiRT 4...or lack thereof baffles me!

This is very good looking at this point.  I noticed down to the dirt/dust on the tread, they are so close to photo-real.  I like the service area too.  It will be interesting to see this animated,  if they pull of some good motion capture, it could come out really well.

I am starting to feel like a trader :neutral: on Codies