DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

Ok you devs are insane.

Halfway through a night stage and the headlights start flickering on and off. Then Nicky says something about fixing them next stage or whatever. 
Then they just go out!!
Oh! They're back on! Nope. Out again! ****!!

You're going to give someone a freakin' heart attack. >:)
https://youtu.be/2ePy2zfTVwc

https://steamdb.info/app/421020/history/

Is this reliable way to check if state changed from preload to download? Anyone know if it's updated at the same moment?

This is going to be a loooooong day waiting for midnight.

Kiwi's I'm with you and keeping my fingers crossed it's not 10th for you!

P.S. Those 7 guys playing ATM, have a good fun.

KickUp said:
Also @KickUp can staff be upgraded after prolonged renewing of contracts or are the eternally stuck at whatever grade they're at or a,b,c,d,e?
They have emerging traits that changes some of their skills. Positively or Negatively. You can also add perks. 
Ok, but will the end result ever be higher then that of a staff member that started out at a higher rating? 
Possibly but it is by no means a certainty 

@KickUp  do you know if the steam laumch time of 5pm on the tenth for steam in new zealand is accurate?

I couldn't tell you for certain but I strongly suspect it is an error. 

My understanding is that it will be a simultaneous global release on Steam at the time @xtinamcgrath has stated. Therefore it will be whatever time that is in New Zealand. 

KickUp said:
I couldn't tell you for certain but I strongly suspect it is an error. 

My understanding is that it will be a simultaneous global release on Steam at the time @xtinamcgrath has stated. Therefore it will be whatever time that is in New Zealand. 
few

tbtstt said:
@tbtstt I've spoke to Tesco, they said that it should be delivered on Friday, but they said they're looking into why it hasn't been dispatched yet and will get back to me soon, so I'll let you know the outcome
Awesome news @RallyDriven, keep me posted please! :smiley:
Mine was dispatched at 6 this morning, so if it's coming next day it should be here tomorrow, which means waiting till Sunday for me, but fortunately I have Monday off work to make up for it!

Ok you devs are insane.

Halfway through a night stage and the headlights start flickering on and off. Then Nicky says something about fixing them next stage or whatever. 
Then they just go out!!

Sometimes the radio fails slightly as well, the pace notes become static noise and the symbol becomes a question mark so definitely...be fearless ;)

tbtstt said:
@tbtstt I've spoke to Tesco, they said that it should be delivered on Friday, but they said they're looking into why it hasn't been dispatched yet and will get back to me soon, so I'll let you know the outcome
Awesome news @RallyDriven, keep me posted please! :smiley:
Mine was dispatched at 6 this morning, so if it's coming next day it should be here tomorrow, which means waiting till Sunday for me, but fortunately I have Monday off work to make up for it!
Got my dispatch notification as well! The E-mails says "delivery Thursday 8 to Monday 12", so I shall keep an eye on the tracking page and see if it makes any progress today!

@KickUp Of all the "tv-style" replays I have seen so far (youtube) there hasn't been a tv-style only. It is still the mixed version from DR. It was said in the gossipthread that there would be a replaysystem which had several options:
  1. Helicopter
  2. Mixed (like DR)
  3. TV-Style
  4. Car
I am missing the TV-style only one. What happend to it? 

What do you mean by TV-Style?

TV in broadcasts uses all kinds of cameras - heli, drones, static, in-car so IMHO by saying TV-Style you want to have all of them mixed together.

Updated an hour ago:

versedi said:
What do you mean by TV-Style?

TV in broadcasts uses all kinds of cameras - heli, drones, static, in-car so IMHO by saying TV-Style you want to have all of them mixed together.

Updated an hour ago:

Sorry Versedi. I know it is called TV-Camera in D4 but it is the mixed one from DR. I remember that it was confirmed in here somewhere that it would be possible to watch the whole replay from the trackside cameras without ever switching to heli or onboard. Many great moments get lost during the replay because of the switching towards the onboard and heli cams while being in the TV-Camera replay system. 

It is rather confusing because in D4 it is called TV-Cameras while it is infact the "Mixed"-cameras.
Areyouben said:
He wants exterior roadside camera's only.

It is not that I "want" it, it was more that is was confirmed and now I can't seem to get a clear answer on it.

PaloSamo said:
Ok you devs are insane.

Then they just go out!!

https://youtu.be/2ePy2zfTVwc
That was one of our references :)

Hello folks, I just finished the dirt 4 preload and I was wondering if it is normal that the game won't install on the hard disk after the 32 GB download, does the preload thing work like this on steam? Do we have to wait for tomorrow to be able to install the game?

AnegloPlz said:
Hello folks, I just finished the dirt 4 preload and I was wondering if it is normal that the game won't install on the hard disk after the 32 GB download, does the preload thing work like this on steam? Do we have to wait for tomorrow to be able to install the game?
It's encrypted until release to prevent fiddling with files or playing offline.
It will run decryption once the Play option is available.

AnegloPlz said:
Yeah I think it unpacks when its unlocked because at the moment its in a compressed format so people can't access it early

AnegloPlz said:
Yeah I think it unpacks when its unlocked because at the moment its in a compressed format so people can't access it early
Ahh, so that 32Gb download expands to about 50Gb like the Steam system specs mention?

versedi said:
AnegloPlz said:
It's encrypted until release to prevent fiddling with files or playing offline.
It will run decryption once the Play option is available.

Thanks, I was starting to get worried about that, now I can sleep at night....the last night before playing it :p

Rygar86 said:
AnegloPlz said:
Ahh, so that 32Gb download expands to about 50Gb like the Steam system specs mention?
I think it only ends up being about 36gb, thats how much the pre-release version I have is anyway.

I have witnessed bunnies!                                           

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1DJeRw4EKuM

That's Michigan. I saw three rabbits in Australia too. Rabbits everywhere!
Pretty sure there are deer in Spain too. Haven't seen one, but there are road-signs with jumping deer on them.

Pretty sure there are deer in Spain too. Haven't seen one, but there are road-signs with jumping deer on them.
The wild life is a cool thing that adds imersion, Im glad they kept it in from Dirt Rally and expanded on it. I hope there are more types of animals to come too, like Kangaroos in Australia and maybe some badgers in Wales?

Sweden has Yetti's don't they?  :D

Rygar86 said:
The wild life is a cool thing that adds imersion, Im glad they kept it in from Dirt Rally and expanded on it. I hope there are more types of animals to come too, like Kangaroos in Australia and maybe some badgers in Wales?

Sweden has Yetti's don't they?  :D

No, you are thinking of  drunk Norwegians.

:#

Rygar86 said:
AnegloPlz said:
I think it only ends up being about 36gb, thats how much the pre-release version I have is anyway.

Thanks @SirPhilMcKraken, much appreciated :)Im low on Hard drive space and this information helps me :D

Whilst I have you Mr McKraken, may I also follow up on the quotes below :)

Rygar86 said:
Mouse is usable in replays                     
Awesome! And you can click on the progress bar to jump around instantly?! :smiley:
Rygar86 said:
That I haven't tried...when I'm back on tomorrow I'll try and remember to check :P
Thanks @SirPhilMcKraken really appreciate if you can do this :smile: