DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

I really envy you all. Picking up the game tomorrow but won't be able to play it until Sunday at the earliest. I've been on a media blackout for the most part of the last couple of weeks as well. Although following @xtinamcgrath and @KickUp on twitter has made it quite challenging at times ;)

Can't wait to get my sht sorted at my new place and go in fresh!

WOW
The lootbox looks sweet! Definitely getting it as soon as I confirm there is no grip problem!

Ok for everyone moaning about the game being "dumbed down" or "too easy", I plucked up the courage to do a run-

1. Wales
2. Full Length
3. Full Complexity
4. Audi Quattro Gp B
5. DashCam
6. Heavy Rain
7. Night
8. Sim Handling
9. Assists All Off
10. Toughest A.I.

Easy! ;)

I drove DiRT Rally from day one on console with Assists Off, was never this challenging.

https://youtu.be/ImW80-L3YHA

Less than 3 hours till midnight and the big global launch! I wonder if the Codies team will be snug in their beds when the clock ticks over?

Or maybe they will let down their hair a little and have the morning off... :D I think they may have earned it :p

Ok for everyone moaning about the game being "dumbed down" or "too easy", I plucked up the courage to do a run-

1. Wales
2. Full Length
3. Full Complexity
4. Audi Quattro Gp B
5. DashCam
6. Heavy Rain
7. Night
8. Sim Handling
9. Assists All Off
10. Toughest A.I.
11. Without Smashing Headlights

It'll probably change your mind.

I drove DiRT Rally from day one on console with Assists Off, was never this challenging.

https://youtu.be/ImW80-L3YHA

"Say 'easy' again, I dare you, I double-dare you motherf****r, say 'easy' one more goddamn time!"

Aand, that video is the proof that everyone is good at "being Fearless" while not on *That Car*

Just turned on my PS4 to find half the people on my friends list are playing Dirt 4.

I have now switched the console off and am weeping myself to sleep. 

I'm currently doing a bit of PET/Shakedown on DiRT Rally.  It's been a while...  Damn, still feels good!! :)

Rygar86 said:
Less than 3 hours till midnight and the big global launch! I wonder if the Codies team will be snug in their beds when the clock ticks over?

Or maybe they will let down their hair down a little and have the morning off... :D I think they may have earned it :p

Not like the above yet. We're saving ourselves for the launch party ;)

I just wanted to take this moment to thank everyone of you here for the countless hours of reading pleasure and making me check this thread multiple times a day. This is probably my most viewed website in the last couple of years. After over 6 years (for some of us) of gossiping about what 'DiRT 4' would be like, now finally the moment is there for all of us. And we will of course continue gossiping about what dlc there will be, and what amazing stuff DiRT 5 will bring.

I want to thank @justbiglee for being awesome all those years and properly trolling and teasing us, and dropping DiRT Rally out of nowhere. And keeping us up to date in the dark times when the forum migration happened, and there was no forum for a couple of months (or weeks/days, felt like months).
Also a huge thanks to @KickUp , @ChristinaMc, @Hatward, @CMMcBabe, @urgaffel, @soundfx and the rest of the team for answering all of the questions we've been having regarding DiRT 4 and most of all for listening to our feedback and bringing us the best rally experiences around.

It's time to BE FEARLESS now, see ya around and on and off road in DiRT 4

I just wanted to take this moment to thank everyone of you here for the countless hours of reading pleasure and making me check this thread multiple times a day. This is probably my most viewed website in the last couple of years. After over 6 years (for some of us) of gossiping about what 'DiRT 4' would be like, now finally the moment is there for all of us. And we will of course continue gossiping about what dlc there will be, and what amazing stuff DiRT 5 will bring.

I want to thank @justbiglee for being awesome all those years and properly trolling and teasing us, and dropping DiRT Rally out of nowhere. And keeping us up to date in the dark times when the forum migration happened, and there was no forum for a couple of months (or weeks/days, felt like months).
Also a huge thanks to @KickUp , @ChristinaMc, @Hatward, @CMMcBabe, @urgaffel, @soundfx and the rest of the team for answering all of the questions we've been having regarding DiRT 4 and most of all for listening to our feedback and bringing us the best rally experiences around.

Thanks for the kind words! Have fun!

Lynx2000 said:
Aye, first one to mod out the logo and licence plate from that skin wins massive internet kudos here. Especially for a game released a day after they help skew my country's election result.

If it works the same way it did in DR I will probably do it what would be your preference keep it blank or replace it with something? 

Thanks, would love JFT96 if possible.

just a curiosity here, i had preloaded the game the day the preload became active, but steam has just started preloading again with a 2gb download, anybody else experianced this?

https://youtu.be/Vn31KFenBIo

Friggin Xbox auto-powered down just after posting that... ^^^ lol

GLHF ;)

It's been so hard to not spill too many beans and tease just the right amount. I look forward to seeing how long it'll take you all to find the easter eggs :)

It's time to connect the wheel, make sure everything's setup with the sit. And get on the ride!

Thank you @KickUp @urgaffel @CMMcBabe @ChristinaMc @soundfx and everyone else to a single person at Codemasters for what you're doing for the rally and gaming community.

Thank you for your honesty, openness, sleepless nights and anything else that may come to your mind. 

I think I can sign this thank you post as a whole community, not only me. 

I'm sure you did a great job. 

P.S.  I think I've never waited for a release as much as today. That speaks for itself. 

We're live, first car due: 2 minutes.              

https://youtu.be/0hnsiuovq6I

Just let me play, it's 1:02 already!! :D >:) >:) >:) >:) >:)    

e/. in the very moment of clicking Post, the update begins!

BOOM - We're in!!                                           

45 minutes of unpacking...oh my.... :( my sadness is 5 chars too short. 

This guys loving dirt4. Also terminal damage at 22:05.https://youtu.be/U8RINPtA5rI

Hmm...still says "unreleased" on my copy in Steam