DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

Already '' leaked '' a trailer. If they already have it done, I don't understand why they have not yet published. (It was a common user who posted)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_huY9tEUnk

Is it just me or does SLRE look really outdated? The handling looks weird. I'm not blind, I guess that's what I am trying to say :neutral: 

Synck said:
Is it just me or does SLRE look really outdated? The handling looks weird. I'm not blind, I guess that's what I am trying to say :neutral: 
I guess that's one of the reasons they are claiming that it's leaked and not intentionally released ;)

KickUp said:
Synck said:
I guess that's one of the reasons they are claiming that it's leaked and not intentionally released ;)
I'd like to see how they will save this one. It's very unlikely that their finish product will be improved by much. I'm no expert but I feel like they need to go back to the drawing board :smiley:  

KCSmoke said:

So my question is why not release anything Codies? I've seen what you have, I've played it and whatever you decide to show will only be impressive and loved by fans of your game... 

Exactly. Their marketing strategy for DiRT 4...or lack thereof baffles me!
The hype is real.

The handling looks a little strange, and the stages look too smooth.

plus there's another game on the horizon which will probably interest some of you ;)

plus there's another game on the horizon which will probably interest some of you ;)
WRC 5?

WRC 5?
You are just rubbing the salt into the wound!

PS. It makes sense. I'm going out here and saying that since milestone is doing SLRE then that means you have contract for WRC5 ;>

I'm going to reserve judgment on SLRE until I see proper game play videos or try it myself.

Milestone turned out piss poor handling WRC games for too long, and thoroughly p!ssed me off with it.

That handling looks pitifully very keyboard friendly. If only it had a bit of RBR's handling in common.

Yeah, looks like it will be keyboard control only.  Its so they can tell you it has great handling but never prove it :)

Hype for DiRT 4 is nonexistent.

@justbiglee I still love ya.

Feel free to start the DiRT 4 hype in 3...2...1...anytime now.

[OFF] Facebook DiRT is off the air?
Yes it does seem the DiRT facebook page has been closed, but the twitter account is still there.

Synck said:
Yeah, the car looks like its on rails. Some of those car models shown look pretty basic as well? 

As other have said, I shall be reserving judgment until release: at this stage I seriously doubt that its the game that is going to convince me to go out and buy a PS4...

Yes it does seem the DiRT facebook page has been closed, but the twitter account is still there.
Wtf!!!! You're joking its showing for me!

Wtf!!!! You're joking its showing for me!
I just looked @justbiglee: it isn't coming up in the search for me. 

tbtstt said:
Synck said:
Yeah, the car looks like its on rails. Some of those car models shown look pretty basic as well? 

As other have said, I shall be reserving judgment until release: at this stage I seriously doubt that its the game that is going to convince me to go out and buy a PS4...
Yeah the Pikes Peak cars, particularly the Escudo looked like Gran Turismo 'standard' cars from GT4 haha

doyley101 said:
I know it's not strictly gossip but GET IN KRIS MEEKE!
I know it's not DiRTy gossip, but I fully agree! Also a good weekend for Petter Solberg; second in the first World Rallycross final of the year and joint first in the Championship.

tbtstt said:
doyley101 said:
I know it's not DiRTy gossip, but I fully agree! Also a good weekend for Petter Solberg; second in the first World Rallycross final of the year and joint first in the Championship.
Finally found the results from World RX, was a little overshadowed for me following a double British WRC podium!

tbtstt said:
doyley101 said:
Finally found the results from World RX, was a little overshadowed for me following a double British WRC podium!
Ha, thought you might have been distracted by the WRC! Petter looked sick all weekend, but he still drove bloody well. Weather was pretty awful; bit of sunshine yesterday morning but heavy rain for the rest of the weekend. Looks like this year is going to be a close Championship!

I've watched this SLRE trailer and the handling does look weird. You shouldn't really judge that from a video, but it looks as if it's on tarmac... 

I'm absolutely not saying that it will be good, I'm just pointing out that their marketing is not hurting them and for us rally fans any info or pics are very welcome. Actually, I know quite well that Milestone are up against something rather very very good... 

What's up with DiRTs Facebook page? I can look it up, but it's content is not loading. Come on @justbiglee I need to place to write 'DiRT 4 confirmed' :) 

Well this is interesting?

Facebook page now points to wikipedia

regards to SLRE:

This is their idea of realistic comparison then handling will be botched for sure.  Looked at a dev diary again and saw this.

There is NO comparison at all like showing a pic of an elephant and a dog and saying look how close we are!   ?