F1 2020 | KNOWN KEY ISSUES | READ ME!!! Read more... ×

DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

Ok, after several days playing, with the career mode almost finished, I can give my impressions. 

FFB: Big step back. At least in my DF GT the center force is too high and the suspension and little details have disappear. Don't know if is a bug or what but BIG step back from DR.

Graphics: Not so important for me, is a win-lose point. Some things are better other are a bit worse. In general I like the new look, the big thumb up is for for the new lighting system.

Physics: Again, miss and win. I love the new tarmac physics but gravel is worse than DR. You loose the rear so easily, even with 4wd, almost impossible to break at some points (slippery zones, I am talking that more than 10% or 20% of the break and you  have completely lost the rear and the car control). You can powerslide but is very unrealistic, you will always lose a lot of time, even in fast medium corners. Too much grip in gravel, there is no big difference right now between gravel, snow or tarmac.

Game modes: Better than DR but neither a great aspect of the game. Your stage is good, not perfect, but good. The rest of the game is quite empty and a couple of different new localizations for YourStage would be nice.

Conclusion: In some points it seems to me like this is a follow up from vanilla DR physics, not from final version of DR. Some of the vanilla mistakes are back. RX for example is perfect now, you can feel the aero downforce, at the correct speed you cand balance the car, use the different surfaces...  but in rally mode there is something wrong. I hope they improve gravel and FFB and the game will be my new favourite racing game.

On my very first stage in the game, 2m from start Nicky calls out puncture :no_mouth: 

@KickUp I have unlocked fearless mode, which adds the Brutal AI difficulty. But I would like to drive with custom difficulty settings (I basically use the fearless settings, with automatic gears) but whenever is select fearless, and change to autogear the AI gets dumbed down. Which makes career mode way to easy. Can this please be changed? 

Edit: Even when changing from Manual Sequential to Manual H-Pattern, it doesn't count as 'Fearless' anymore, and the AI is dumbed down...
So driving with a H-pattern gearbox isn't possible either.
@KickUp Yeah I have to second this (I made a thread about it before I saw it had already been mentioned here), and hope it's a bug rather than by design because it would be seriously disappointing if this couldn't be changed.

I'm fine with the Fearless preset being an "ultimate" difficulty where everything is turned off and can't be changed, all I want really is to be able to select 'Brutal' AI at lower, custom difficulty settings.
Its by design but that doesn't mean it can't be changed.

spothedog said:
spothedog said:
KickUp said:
spothedog said:
I hope it's ok to ask here as I didn't want to create a thread just for this. A friend on my fl sent me a stage on wales to try so I went to free play to try it , but how do you load it. I went into load event and it doesn't show up, is this a bug or am I missing something?
So assuming you've had a mail saying you've been sent it you can find it in the recieved tab when you select load Stage. 

You need to have selected the same country as the stage you have been sent before it becomes visible in your list. 
Yes that's correct, it's a stage in Wales and when I go to free play, select Wales then load stage the only 2 tabs showing are career and the my saved stages. Which it doesn't show up under either one of those tabs. 

I also don't see how you share them. I got to be missing something cause he was able to send it. 
So I should have a received tab along with my career and saved stages, I also assume that when I hit X for options on a saved stage/championship there should be and option to share. I don't have either one of those. I'll take a few pictures tonight and clear my cache and try it again. If that don't work I try and reinstall it and if that don't work I'll repost it in the Found Bug forum, Thank you for your reply and help.

HOW TO LOAD, PLAY AND SAVE A SHARED STAGE:

·         Select Event > Freeplay > Rally (or Historic Rally).

·         Then on the Freeplay Championship screen select the ADD EVENT tile (it’ll already be highlighted by default).

·         Then on the Location screen, select the location of the Stage that has been shared e.g. Wales.

·         Then on the Event Configuration screen on the ADD STAGE tile (it’ll already be highlighted by default) use the MORE OPTIONS menu and select the LOAD STAGE option.

·         Then on the Load Stage screen you’ll see 4 tabs – Career Stages, My Stages, Stage History and Received.

·         Navigate across to the Received tab and in this tab you should see any Stage shared to you via the Mailbox (it’s filtered by location).

·         Pres SELECT on the Stage you wish to load and you’ll be returned to the Event Configuration screen.

·         From here you can either use the MORE OPTIONS menu again and select the SAVE STAGE option in order to save it to MY STAGES (Select the SAVE STAGE row on that screen) OR just select the CONFIRM option on the Event Configuration screen and then START on the Freeplay Championship screen to give the shared Stage a test run before you commit to saving it to MY STAGES.

·         If you do like the Stage that has been shared you can just select the SAVE TO MY STAGES option on the Results screen after completing the Stage.

HOW TO SHARE A SAVED STAGE:

·         Then on the Freeplay Championship screen select the ADD EVENT tile (it’ll already be highlighted by default).

·         Then on the Location screen, select the location of the Stage that you wish to share e.g. a stage from Wales.

·         Then on the Event Configuration screen on the ADD STAGE tile (it’ll already be highlighted by default) use the MORE OPTIONS menu and select the LOAD STAGE option.

·         Then on the Load Stage screen you’ll see 4 tabs – Career Stages, My Stages, Stage History and Received.

·         Navigate across to the My Stages tab and in this tab you should see any Stages that you can share to Friends via the Mailbox (it’s filtered by location). You can only Share stages from the My Stages tab (either via the Load Stage or Save Stage screen).

·         Highlight the Stage that you wish to share, use the MORE OPTIONS menu on it and select the SHARE option.

·         On the Share My Stage screen select the Friend(s) you wish to share the Stage with and then select the CONFIRM button.

Hope that helps

Lynx2000 said:
Guys I have a problem can't decide which r5 to buy the fiesta or the Hyundai? 
Buy the Space Star :tongue: It's really fun and underrated.

KickUp said:
spothedog said:
spothedog said:
KickUp said:
spothedog said:
I hope it's ok to ask here as I didn't want to create a thread just for this. A friend on my fl sent me a stage on wales to try so I went to free play to try it , but how do you load it. I went into load event and it doesn't show up, is this a bug or am I missing something?
So assuming you've had a mail saying you've been sent it you can find it in the recieved tab when you select load Stage. 

You need to have selected the same country as the stage you have been sent before it becomes visible in your list. 
Yes that's correct, it's a stage in Wales and when I go to free play, select Wales then load stage the only 2 tabs showing are career and the my saved stages. Which it doesn't show up under either one of those tabs. 

I also don't see how you share them. I got to be missing something cause he was able to send it. 
So I should have a received tab along with my career and saved stages, I also assume that when I hit X for options on a saved stage/championship there should be and option to share. I don't have either one of those. I'll take a few pictures tonight and clear my cache and try it again. If that don't work I try and reinstall it and if that don't work I'll repost it in the Found Bug forum, Thank you for your reply and help.

·         Then on the Location screen, select the location of the Stage that has been shared e.g. Wales.

·         Navigate across to the Received tab and in this tab you should see any Stage shared to you via the Mailbox (it’s filtered by location).

·         Pres SELECT on the Stage you wish to load and you’ll be returned to the Event Configuration screen.

·         From here you can either use the MORE OPTIONS menu again and select the SAVE STAGE option in order to save it to MY STAGES (Select the SAVE STAGE row on that screen) OR just select the CONFIRM option on the Event Configuration screen and then START on the Freeplay Championship screen to give the shared Stage a test run before you commit to saving it to MY STAGES.

·         If you do like the Stage that has been shared you can just select the SAVE TO MY STAGES option on the Results screen after completing the Stage.

·         Then on the Location screen, select the location of the Stage that you wish to share e.g. a stage from Wales.

·         Navigate across to the My Stages tab and in this tab you should see any Stages that you can share to Friends via the Mailbox (it’s filtered by location). You can only Share stages from the My Stages tab (either via the Load Stage or Save Stage screen).

·         Highlight the Stage that you wish to share, use the MORE OPTIONS menu on it and select the SHARE option.

·         On the Share My Stage screen select the Friend(s) you wish to share the Stage with and then select the CONFIRM button.

Hope that helps

I would love to do that if those options were available to me, but they are not I only have 2 tabs career and my stages and only 2 options rename and delete. When I get home from work I will try it again and maybe if I clear my cache and restart the game it they might show up , Thanks again for your help.

SkyRex said:
Anybody else sometimes got disappearing rain-droplets/effects on windscreen ? game restart fixes it again though.
Some people on Xbox were saying there was no rain on the windshield. I assume it's a bug then.
Underkex said:
Ok, after several days playing, with the career mode almost finished, I can give my impressions. 

FFB: Big step back. At least in my DF GT the center force is too high and the suspension and little details have disappear. Don't know if is a bug or what but BIG step back from DR.

Graphics: Not so important for me, is a win-lose point. Some things are better other are a bit worse. In general I like the new look, the big thumb up is for for the new lighting system.

Physics: Again, miss and win. I love the new tarmac physics but gravel is worse than DR. You loose the rear so easily, even with 4wd, almost impossible to break at some points (slippery zones, I am talking that more than 10% or 20% of the break and you  have completely lost the rear and the car control). You can powerslide but is very unrealistic, you will always lose a lot of time, even in fast medium corners. Too much grip in gravel, there is no big difference right now between gravel, snow or tarmac.

Game modes: Better than DR but neither a great aspect of the game. Your stage is good, not perfect, but good. The rest of the game is quite empty and a couple of different new localizations for YourStage would be nice.

Conclusion: In some points it seems to me like this is a follow up from vanilla DR physics, not from final version of DR. Some of the vanilla mistakes are back. RX for example is perfect now, you can feel the aero downforce, at the correct speed you cand balance the car, use the different surfaces...  but in rally mode there is something wrong. I hope they improve gravel and FFB and the game will be my new favourite racing game.
Really? I think the FFB is significantly better, in the fact that I don't avoid most of the game due to it. I did notice though that my wheel no longer vibrates with engine revs, which was a neat feature in DR, but it wouldn't turn off during pause menus. Have you fiddled with the settings?

I'm loving this game so much! I can jump from playing sim on my wheel to gamer on my controller to play with my friends so easy! Although I beat them all by 10 seconds despite doing a joker on every lap!

I'm loving this game so much! I can jump from playing sim on my wheel to gamer on my controller to play with my friends so easy! Although I beat them all by 10 seconds despite doing a joker on every lap!
Show off!

KickUp said:
@KickUp I have unlocked fearless mode, which adds the Brutal AI difficulty. But I would like to drive with custom difficulty settings (I basically use the fearless settings, with automatic gears) but whenever is select fearless, and change to autogear the AI gets dumbed down. Which makes career mode way to easy. Can this please be changed? 

Edit: Even when changing from Manual Sequential to Manual H-Pattern, it doesn't count as 'Fearless' anymore, and the AI is dumbed down...
@KickUp Yeah I have to second this (I made a thread about it before I saw it had already been mentioned here), and hope it's a bug rather than by design because it would be seriously disappointing if this couldn't be changed.

I'm fine with the Fearless preset being an "ultimate" difficulty where everything is turned off and can't be changed, all I want really is to be able to select 'Brutal' AI at lower, custom difficulty settings.

Ok, thanks for the reply!

I've never known a racing game to say "you can have this higher AI difficulty, but *if and only if* you don't use these aids/assists/camera options" - or at least I can't think of another game that doesn't treat your driving experience and the AI separately in this way. And indeed the game already doesn't do this outside of Fearless - with Competent through to Tough AI all being freely selectable at Racer, Pro or Champion difficulties. So I do hope it can be changed!

Again to be clear I appreciate the point of Fearless, and would understand if you were reluctant to change it given how it's integrated into the career - literally all I would like is the ability to have Brutal AI and bonnet cam selected at the same time, haha. So the option to select Brutal AI within Racer, Pro or Champion would be grand. :)

My PC still freezes until I have to manually restart my PC when I try and play a rain stage :( Has this bug been noticed yet by the devs?

chukonu said:
My PC still freezes until I have to manually restart my PC when I try and play a rain stage :( Has this bug been noticed yet by the devs?
Are you using cockpit cam?

chukonu said:
+1 

Try Bonnet cam before fix, works for me. Skip replays on rainy stages also because they freeze the game too

KickUp said:

I've never known a racing game to say "you can have this higher AI difficulty, but *if and only if* you don't use these aids/assists/camera options" - or at least I can't think of another game that doesn't treat your driving experience and the AI separately in this way. And indeed the game already doesn't do this outside of Fearless - with Competent through to Tough AI all being freely selectable at Racer, Pro or Champion difficulties. So I do hope it can be changed!

Again to be clear I appreciate the point of Fearless, and would understand if you were reluctant to change it given how it's integrated into the career - literally all I would like is the ability to have Brutal AI and bonnet cam selected at the same time, haha. So the option to select Brutal AI within Racer, Pro or Champion would be grand. :)
Understood. We don't blindly follow other racing games and we like to try new things. Not everything works for everyone so that is why we experiment sometimes. 

spothedog said:
KickUp said:
spothedog said:
spothedog said:
KickUp said:
spothedog said:

Hope that helps

I would love to do that if those options were available to me, but they are not I only have 2 tabs career and my stages and only 2 options rename and delete. When I get home from work I will try it again and maybe if I clear my cache and restart the game it they might show up , Thanks again for your help.
Take a screenshot of it or record a game clip if you can. 

TuliRally said:
chukonu said:
+1 

Try Bonnet cam before fix, works for me. Skip replays on rainy stages also because they freeze the game too
Or you can set your Graphics Settings to Ultra Low. The issue disappears (with cockpit cam and full replay).

KickUp said:
spothedog said:
KickUp said:
spothedog said:
spothedog said:
KickUp said:
spothedog said:

Hope that helps

Take a screenshot of it or record a game clip if you can. 
I will, Thanks you guys are the best in gaming when it comes to customer relations. 

KickUp said:

KickUp said:

Understood. We don't blindly follow other racing games and we like to try new things. Not everything works for everyone so that is why we experiment sometimes. 
Fearless is good idea, but i have to also say that many seem to be wanting more challenge from AI than tough now offers, so maybe one for the future to give couple difficulty levels more? Many things in peoples setups / rigs might rule out using cockpit cam.
Would be nice to give some idea for Fearless could work even with opening Brutal AI, but right now nothing comes to mind :neutral:

Important:
@KickUp  One thing you must try to fix for Fearless to even work for some of us is that BUG: where while using cockpit cam in rainy stages causes game to freeze and PC to crash / freeze, with force restart needed.
Without fix Fearless is sadly literary un-playable.
 Ps. Enjoying the game really much this far, all the drama from my mistakes and the challenge of being fearless and trusting your co-driver (i'm not too fast so no problems for me with AI difficulty, tough being perfect for me). Great work&game Codies!

Just unlocked Fearless and Brutal AI.

All this while I have been running with all assists off and 0 restarts as well. My camera preference is chase cam, since I play with a controller (cockpit feels wrong without a wheel), so I can't really access Brutal AI for this. Please allow brutal AI to be customisable. Pretty please with a cherry on top :)

Also, with chase cam I can only max out my reward bonus to 93%, and some sponsors ask for 94% bonus target, which unnecessarily punishes a chase cam player like me.

This can be fixed, I presume, if you allow Brutal difficulty with chase cam since that should be able to push my reward bonus above 94%.

Also, I find it a bit weird that I can access fearless and brutal with gamer handling, but I can't access it on simulation only because I use chase cam. Odd design choice in my opinion.

TuliRally said:
KickUp said:

KickUp said:

Fearless is good idea, but i have to also say that many seem to be wanting more challenge from AI than tough now offers, so maybe one for the future to give couple difficulty levels more? Many things in peoples setups / rigs might rule out using cockpit cam.
Would be nice to give some idea for Fearless could work even with opening Brutal AI, but right now nothing comes to mind :neutral:

Important:
@KickUp  One thing you must try to fix for Fearless to even work for some of us is that BUG: where while using cockpit cam in rainy stages causes game to freeze and PC to crash / freeze, with force restart needed.
Without fix Fearless is sadly literary un-playable.
 Ps. Enjoying the game really much this far, all the drama from my mistakes and the challenge of being fearless and trusting your co-driver (i'm not too fast so no problems for me with AI difficulty, tough being perfect for me). Great work&game Codies!
Yep, actually I think we are looking to up the difficulty within the levels rather than adding new ones. We may uncouple Brutal at the same time but that is TBD. 

Sho846 said:

All this while I have been running with all assists off and 0 restarts as well. My camera preference is chase cam, since I play with a controller (cockpit feels wrong without a wheel), so I can't really access Brutal AI for this. Please allow brutal AI to be customisable. Pretty please with a cherry on top :)

Also, with chase cam I can only max out my reward bonus to 93%, and some sponsors ask for 94% bonus target, which unnecessarily punishes a chase cam player like me.

This can be fixed, I presume, if you allow Brutal difficulty with chase cam since that should be able to push my reward bonus above 94%.

Also, I find it a bit weird that I can access fearless and brutal with gamer handling, but I can't access it on simulation only because I use chase cam. Odd design choice in my opinion.
I'll need to confirm with my team but it is possible that you can only access Fearless with Gamer because that is how you unlocked it. 

KickUp said:
Sho846 said:

I'll need to confirm with my team but it is possible that you can only access Fearless with Gamer because that is how you unlocked it. 
No, I did not touch gamer at all throughout my entire playthrough. Full simulation for me (with chase cam). I unlocked it in Simulation. Sorry if I didn't mention that.

I was only getting frustrated that I could not go to Brutal AI with chase cam in the menus. As I was fiddling with customising difficulty in the menus, I just checked if Fearless is available in Gamer too, and yup it is... but not with chase cam  :'( 

Sho846 said:
KickUp said:
Sho846 said:

No, I did not touch gamer at all throughout my entire playthrough. Full simulation for me (with chase cam). I unlocked it in Simulation. Sorry if I didn't mention that.

I was only getting frustrated that I could not go to Brutal AI with chase cam in the menus. As I was fiddling with customising difficulty in the menus, I just checked if Fearless is available in Gamer too, and yup it is... but not with chase cam  :'( 
Ah ok. No worries. 

Saw 30 new posts and thought someone had attempted to name an Audi again, but no, it's just Paul patiently answering post after post and showing awesome respect for the customer base again.....

Cheers ;)