DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

Damn, I was hoping to be able to make a custom  livery for each car in my garage and not have them all the same as the career one. 

Does anybody know if there is anything to gain by winning with fearless mode? If so for what: Winning final championship in a discipline? winning all championships? Winning every single event?
And if so,  what is there to gain?

Is there any incentive to use it right now, except the highest difficulty at the cost of loosing H-pattern shifting?

Tried the other two modes by the way. Rallycross feels great ! Well done there !
Landrush... meh... driving feels nice, but the opponents... It's like RX except your competition are only douchebags, ramming you everywhere, even if you leave them space.

SkyRex said:
Does anybody know if there is anything to gain by winning with fearless mode? If so for what: Winning final championship in a discipline? winning all championships? Winning every single event?

Is there any incentive to use it right now, except the highest difficulty at the cost of loosing H-pattern shifting?

Tried the other two modes by the way. Rallycross feels great ! Well done there !
Landrush... meh... driving feels nice, but the opponents... It's like RX except your competition are only douchebags, ramming you everywhere, even if you leave them space.
You get to have a fully filled icon stamped on each of your Championship cards. 

I'll also give you a virtual Hat tip!  ;)

KickUp said:
SkyRex said:

You get to have a fully filled icon stamped on each of your Championship cards. 

I'll also give you a virtual Hat tip!  ;)
Nooooo, I was wondering why my icons are not filled and how I can fill them.

RIP chase cam users. I'm gonna keep bugging you about this. haha.

I love landrush and rallycross a lot!

although at the same time, the game could be just blasting the Peugeot maxi through Spanish villages and I'd be pretty happy!

although at the same time, the game could be just blasting the Peugeot maxi through Spanish villages and I'd be pretty happy!
That car and those roads are an absolute dream. 

That car and those roads are an absolute dream. 
The 3rd stage in the Spanish f2 championship has an incredible village section at the end, easily my favourite moment from playing the game so far

Feedback about chase cam:

Since there are really big hills and undulation changes in a lot of stages in Wales and Sweden, when the car reaches the crest of the hill the camera does not shift down towards the road going down for about 10-15 metres (it is positioned to see straight ahead, while the actual car blocks the view of the road), effectively keeping the player blind for that short while.

Can this be fixed?

KickUp said:
Apologies if this has already been mentioned, @KickUp, but I noticed some issues with the delivery of pacenotes, specifically for hairpins.

When testing on several different notches towards the earliest side of the delivery speed, I find myself overshooting junctions and diving into bushes due to late calls on the more technical corners (coming off a fast section), and they seem to be out of sync with the delivery speed of the rest of the notes. 

I understand that pacenotes have been done differently this year, so thought it was worth mentioning, in case anything can be tweaked. 

I mean, if you wanted to, you could get back into the sim seat and record pacenotes just for me :] :] :]  
Don't do it for anybody else though, I want to feel special. 
I could whisper them and the audio guys could mix them into your right ear only... >:)
https://youtu.be/tV_XWvwk4NY

Dirt 4 is really good,have played for last 2 days. i dont even sleep :)
 Hat of  Codies
By the way found this video with hint, is Rally Raid really comming?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2Iooxoze0k

Dirt 4 is really good,have played for last 2 days. i dont even sleep :)
 Hat of  Codies
By the way found this video with hint, is Rally Raid really comming?
highly doubt it. D4 has picked up the appreciated trade of DR of representing REAL motorsport. Raid as depicted in Dirt was always kinda creative interpretation. And to represent raid realisticly you'd need very long distance tracks (Think of Dakar). Probably doable faster now with YourStage tech, but the Engine is limiting the length. So if CM stays on the track of no more fantasy-events, I suspect Raid will be something for a future game, if anything.

I'd rather see them get on with that Argentina DLC ;)
Well no wait, Leagues first!
Honestly, this would be my personal priority (please):
  1. League/Clubs update together with loose-grip-or-aero-on-stall-adjustments patch.
  2. VR support update
  3. Argentina DLC
  4. '07 STI WRC/ '99 Impreza WRC/ Fabia R5/ Corsa R5/ '02 Lancer WRC/ EKS S1 RX - Car Pack
  5. if Leagues aren't capped at 12 events: One more location, preferably Rally Azores, Monte Carlo, Corsica, Germany(vineyards) or New Zealand
Then full steam for D5/DR2 on new engine.
But even if only Leagues happens, this game will already have a long longevity for me :)

Went to Tesco tonight for a few items & almost tripped over the Dirt4 pop-up DVD display stand right in the middle of the front door!

Serious question. Why the game performs very differently on Borderless and Full Screen mode? On "Borderless" it makes more use of the GPU and spreads it load across all CPU cores. But on "Full Screen", GPU usage is lower but CPU load is only on 1 core causing issues. Take a look at this, please. 

Just want to leave a comment how freaking amazing and awesome dirt 4 is! Australia, night, rain, mud, all sorts of mechanical troubles and on top of that driving on pacenotes alone! That is damn close to the real thing!

I squeezed the Pro4 Championship in between a couple of rally events last night. Way less of a handful than the Pro2 trucks, lots of sideways corner entries and some very loud V8's: definitely the most fun element of the game for me outside of Dirtfish!

@kickup i put in the other thread not sure if you would read that so will add here are you looking into handling issues ? will anything be tweaked ?

some cars backend wont come round cant be donuted and wont slide.regardless of set up.also on wales can the gravel sound be tweaked so louder when hitting car and when sliding is fixed under neath the car.

dgeesi0 said:
@kickup i put in the other thread not sure if you would read that so will add here are you looking into handling issues ? will anything be tweaked ?

some cars backend wont come round cant be donuted and wont slide.regardless of set up.also on wales can the gravel sound be tweaked so louder when hitting car and when sliding is fixed under neath the car.
Yup, miss the crisp gravel clatter from DR. The surface audio feedback inside the car was better in DR.

tbtstt said:
I squeezed the Pro4 Championship in between a couple of rally events last night. Way less of a handful than the Pro2 trucks, lots of sideways corner entries and some very loud V8's: definitely the most fun element of the game for me outside of Dirtfish!
That championship was a lot of fun!

dgeesi0 said:

As I explained on Friday's DiRT Show Live. We are aware but if we change anything it is going to take time. 

Good to know you guys are aware! Thanks!
I also have a couple of questions/requests:
1. Is the Audi Quattro S1E2 sound a placeholder and will it be changed into a non-Pikes Peak sound?
2. Are you aware of the bug that makes the wipers go on automatically at random times, even when you turned off automatic windscreen wipers?
3. Can the input settings for windscreen wipers please be changed so you can turn it on or off with one click, instead of having to hold it? Perhaps toggle between off/slow/fast instead of slow/fast + hold to turn off?
4. Can we please have steam workshop car-setups back?

Also the crash on rainstage from inside the cockpit bug thing seems to be an AMD only thing.

@KickUp

Xbox One´s leaderboards are hacked/glitched.. lap time´s 00:00:00
i dont know how to add photos from my pc just url´s

nystedt88 said:
@KickUp

Already reported few pages back

/edit for PC....Xbox is something new I guess.

versedi said:
nystedt88 said:
@KickUp

Already reported few pages back

/edit for PC....Xbox is something new I guess.

What Stage, Circuit or Joyride challenge was it please?