DiRT Rally gave us 'tease
DiRT4 asked for more, please

Together thru Wales and Spain we roam
Divided some like to moan

Whiners will hate and whiners will fight,

But in the end, it doesn't matter

There is only one that makes the call
The one, the one they call Paul

A bap rattle.                                                                                

Rygar86 said:

Body is 40 chacacters too short of making sense
Standard DiRTy Gossip then really. 

A bap rattle.                                                                                
I'd rattle those baps!  :D

scooby dooby do
its not the 2002
try and take it round a bend
it will straighten up no end.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=es4Yq7jP03w[\youtube]

P308R said:
tbtstt said:
dgeesi0 said:
P308R said:
@KickUp @ChristinaMc

Yesterday I finally got a chance to play the game. I 've spend about 3 hours doing several freeride races as rallying stuff in the career. I'll add my experiences in here. I play on simulation with no aids.

1. Tarmac physics: while being an improvement over Dirt Rally I can't help the feeling the cars are still skittish, have no real weight and do feel floaty. I have the impression that the "back" of the car isn't really there. The feeling on gravel is great. No complaints here.
  2. The menus: The menu structure is not very intuative and it feels cluttered. Navigation around requires a lot of button pressing and I prefered the clean and straightforward menus from DR
  3. Career setup: this is great. I like the way the player gets introduced and the way the career builds up in terms of length and complexity.
  4. Cars: Great sound and very nice to look at. Can't complain to anything I've driven so far.
  5. Replays: while the mixed camera is exactly the one from DR it missed the camera movement when paused. This gives no variation in capturing screenshots. A kind of freecam would be greatly appreciated. That you can hide the replay interface and disable the co-driver during it is great.
  6. Graphics: Can't complain here. The lighting is great and really adds to the experience when rallying. Cars are very detailed but textures and foilage seems less impressive than DR. Still great looking.
  7. Landrush: Did 2 races and I simply don't want to return to it anymore. It feels completely out of place and I struggle to enjoy it.
  8. YourStage: I know this has been a tech you've been working on for 3 years but I have my doubts about the stages being generated. It all feels very much the same and nothing actually stands out. The handcrafted stages from DR where thrilling, had an exciting layout and some tricky technical parts. YourStage simply can't compete with those handcrafted ones. I prefer to have the stages of DR with the quantity that came with it then the general YourStage. If you have done a few stages in YourStage all the stages created afterwards seem to borrow the same set of corners, combinations and layouts. Very noticable in career! Positive part of this is that YourStage gets the player in a flow very easily. Probably I'll end up generating a specific set for each location and stick to it. Question that rose to the occasion: I wonder how stages are created when YourStage would get a landscape which was more challenging for its algorithm and how to algorithm actually learns for not using the same subset of corners? 
  9. Overall: I won't be to severe with my judgement here since it is your first public outing for YourStage and I appreciate what you guys are trying to do with YourStage. It is to early to judge D4 but the general feeling I am left with is a positive one and most importantly I am enjoying myself a lot.
nice feedback but this also kinda highlights why we are finding it hard to agree on the handling at the moment.tarmac is generally great gravel generally isnt perfect.who is right wrong who knows ? :D
This calls for an Epic Rap Battle, Dirt Rally physics against Dirt 4. Who wins? YOU DECIDE!
There is so much hate, 
But I can feel cars weight, 
And suspension now takes the load,
Of those bumps in the road,
DiRT Rally laid fresh physics down, 
But now DiRT 4 takes the crown.
Dirt Rally has the 208,
Dirt4 can make you go straight,
YourStage is the new kid in town,
Sometimes those stages make you frown,
Bears, Birds and Deer,
Common get along and we go grab some beer,

Totally crap at this... :D

spothedog said:
P308R said:
tbtstt said:
dgeesi0 said:
P308R said:
@KickUp @ChristinaMc

Yesterday I finally got a chance to play the game. I 've spend about 3 hours doing several freeride races as rallying stuff in the career. I'll add my experiences in here. I play on simulation with no aids.

1. Tarmac physics: while being an improvement over Dirt Rally I can't help the feeling the cars are still skittish, have no real weight and do feel floaty. I have the impression that the "back" of the car isn't really there. The feeling on gravel is great. No complaints here.
  2. The menus: The menu structure is not very intuative and it feels cluttered. Navigation around requires a lot of button pressing and I prefered the clean and straightforward menus from DR
  3. Career setup: this is great. I like the way the player gets introduced and the way the career builds up in terms of length and complexity.
  4. Cars: Great sound and very nice to look at. Can't complain to anything I've driven so far.
  5. Replays: while the mixed camera is exactly the one from DR it missed the camera movement when paused. This gives no variation in capturing screenshots. A kind of freecam would be greatly appreciated. That you can hide the replay interface and disable the co-driver during it is great.
  6. Graphics: Can't complain here. The lighting is great and really adds to the experience when rallying. Cars are very detailed but textures and foilage seems less impressive than DR. Still great looking.
  7. Landrush: Did 2 races and I simply don't want to return to it anymore. It feels completely out of place and I struggle to enjoy it.
  8. YourStage: I know this has been a tech you've been working on for 3 years but I have my doubts about the stages being generated. It all feels very much the same and nothing actually stands out. The handcrafted stages from DR where thrilling, had an exciting layout and some tricky technical parts. YourStage simply can't compete with those handcrafted ones. I prefer to have the stages of DR with the quantity that came with it then the general YourStage. If you have done a few stages in YourStage all the stages created afterwards seem to borrow the same set of corners, combinations and layouts. Very noticable in career! Positive part of this is that YourStage gets the player in a flow very easily. Probably I'll end up generating a specific set for each location and stick to it. Question that rose to the occasion: I wonder how stages are created when YourStage would get a landscape which was more challenging for its algorithm and how to algorithm actually learns for not using the same subset of corners? 
  9. Overall: I won't be to severe with my judgement here since it is your first public outing for YourStage and I appreciate what you guys are trying to do with YourStage. It is to early to judge D4 but the general feeling I am left with is a positive one and most importantly I am enjoying myself a lot.
nice feedback but this also kinda highlights why we are finding it hard to agree on the handling at the moment.tarmac is generally great gravel generally isnt perfect.who is right wrong who knows ? :D
This calls for an Epic Rap Battle, Dirt Rally physics against Dirt 4. Who wins? YOU DECIDE!
There is so much hate, 
But I can feel cars weight, 
And suspension now takes the load,
Of those bumps in the road,
DiRT Rally laid fresh physics down, 
But now DiRT 4 takes the crown.
Dirt Rally has the 208,
Dirt4 can make you go straight,
YourStage is the new kid in town,
Sometimes those stages make you frown,
Bears, Birds and Deer,
Common get along and we go grab some beer,

Totally crap at this... :D

No more rhymes now I mean it!

versedi said:
Website update!

https://www.dirt4game.com/uk/your-stage
EPIC! I was hoping we would see somnthing like this soon, thanks Codies <3 Looking forward to going through and taking on some 'top rated' stages soon :smiley:

@KickUp is this 'Your Stage' sharing cross Platform? Also, will we be seeing something similar for setup sharing soon and will setup sharing be cross platform too?

DiRT Rally was a game that broke the mould
& after a while, the V2 physics were gold
Sometimes the cars, they got a bit flighty
but controlling the power was intense and mighty.
Dirt 4 has YourStage, it's a lot of craic
& the physics seem spot on for tarmac
We got R2, R5 & even a Lancer
but the gravel handling, I'm afraid its got pants'er

lol

I like fast cars when they go vroom vroom
But when I hit the tree all I hear is boom boom
Now I have to drive five miles down stage
On a punctured tire and it's making me rage

Rygar86 said:
versedi said:
Website update!

EPIC! I was hoping we would see somnthing like this soon, thanks Codies <3 Looking forward to going through and taking on some 'top rated' stages soon :smiley:

@KickUp is this 'Your Stage' sharing cross Platform? Also, will we be seeing something similar for setup sharing soon and will setup sharing be cross platform too?
Your Stage sharing is cross platform no decision on setups yet. 

set ups should be like how you done f1 games.top times in leaderboard click name copy set up done.

as previously said on dirt rally people often keep best set ups of vehicles for themselves.if you can copy exactly the set up they using like you cana in f1 games then add that.why go to steam workshop when you can add it in game ?

it really works well in f1 game add it to the rally games. top guy top time copy set up.job done.

KickUp said:
Rygar86 said:
versedi said:
Website update!

Your Stage sharing is cross platform no decision on setups yet. 
Thanks @KickUp that is great news regarding cross platform 'Your Stage', I do really hope you guys can manage it with the setups too. I think setups are going to be such a big part of D4 due to its increased longevity over Dirt Rally and the fun of sharing and trying new ones with even more people than before because of cross platform compatibility would be a special thing indeed

I'm not aware of other games that are doing this in regards to the cross platform leader boards and now 'Your Stage' too and I think its very innovative and a step in the right direction, by making the gaming community more connected and imho will ultimately make D4 better in the long term and help it become an even greater success and I applaud you guys for doing this!

dgeesi0 said:
set ups should be like how you done f1 games.top times in leaderboard click name copy set up done.

as previously said on dirt rally people often keep best set ups of vehicles for themselves.if you can copy exactly the set up they using like you cana in f1 games then add that.why go to steam workshop when you can add it in game ?

it really works well in f1 game add it to the rally games. top guy top time copy set up.job done.
@dgeesi0 now that would be brilliant! :smiley: Sounds like a perfect system.

Using chase cam, Australia in dry weather is kicking up way too much dust right into the camera and obscuring vision. Other rallies are fine.

Please look into it.

Sho846 said:
Using chase cam, Australia in dry weather is kicking up way too much dust right into the camera and obscuring vision. Other rallies are fine.

Please look into it.
Are you using the close chase cam or the one further back?

Found a little incosistency of the RX AI.  Been doing first event of the WRX, finally driving "a" version of my real car in game. Fearless difficulty. First of all it seems way easier in RX than in Landrush. But the problem was, in the Heats the AI was really really fast. Got Seb Loeb constantly nearly driving in my trunk for one whole heat.  But then then semi I won by several car lengths. And the final was this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5UFVaGfhGAo

I think it should be the other way round. Not being able to outrun the AI in the final, so you can take the joker safely, while the AI shown much tougher racing in the heats before. Could also be some career modifier, haven't tried Freeplay RX. But I also found the Fiesta Super RX before a little tougher than the WRX itself. But that might be down to the cars maybe.
Point is, if anything Final should be tougher than the heats and not the other way round. Maybe it's tied to only portugal, will keep track of that during the WRX.

But have to say, the physx are way spot on with the WRX cars ! Haven't driven a real one, but it feels exactly how I imagine it should feel. Good Job there!

@KickUp Got a question: Because there is the license of the World RX.
A; Is it possible to have other RX Supercars than the ones that are in the World RX? F.e. GRC, European/British championships or older cars etc. cars like the Beetle, Civic, C4, Impreza (sedan and hatchback)? F.e. the C4 and Impreza have been in previous games, and it would be nice to include them again. F.e. the C4 is an older car, so a little bit slower, but also cheaper to buy and therefore a good starter RX Supercar :) (btw, the DS3 is to cheap now, almost halve price than the other RX Supercars)
B; Same question as A, but than for the skins.

JorritVD said:
@KickUp Got a question: Because there is the license of the World RX.
A; Is it possible to have other RX Supercars than the ones that are in the World RX? F.e. GRC, European/British championships or older cars etc. cars like the Beetle, Civic, C4, Impreza (sedan and hatchback)? F.e. the C4 and Impreza have been in previous games, and it would be nice to include them again. F.e. the C4 is an older car, so a little bit slower, but also cheaper to buy and therefore a good starter RX Supercar :) (btw, the DS3 is to cheap now, almost halve price than the other RX Supercars)
B; Same question as A, but than for the skins.
We'd probably add more World RX cars first rather than any older ones.