DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

Rygar86 said:
Sho846 said:
Using chase cam, Australia in dry weather is kicking up way too much dust right into the camera and obscuring vision. Other rallies are fine.

Please look into it.
Are you using the close chase cam or the one further back?

The close chase cam.

@KickUp about the setups few pages back... I was recalling correctly.

I've got one setup for tarmac, 3 for gravel and I can't save snow setup:
http://i.imgur.com/uNYxTkE.jpg

http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/comment/270999/#Comment_270999

--------------------

Back to rap topic (^^), I prefer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3zSy8B2tdA

versedi said:
@KickUp about the setups few pages back... I was recalling correctly.

I've got one setup for tarmac, 3 for gravel and I can't save snow setup:
http://i.imgur.com/uNYxTkE.jpg

http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/comment/270999/#Comment_270999

--------------------

Back to rap topic (^^), I prefer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3zSy8B2tdA

Have you got the required tuning skill to use them?

Sho846 said:
Rygar86 said:
Sho846 said:
Using chase cam, Australia in dry weather is kicking up way too much dust right into the camera and obscuring vision. Other rallies are fine.

Please look into it.

The close chase cam.
Okay, thats what I use too but I dont remember having this issue in Australia. I will see if I notice this next time I play.

Yes, but I'm talking about Saving, not Loading.

I'll record a video today afternoon so it will show the whole process thoroughly, maybe I'm actually that dumb and there's a way to do it...

IIRC when I click Save Tuning the only option I have is rename/delete one of the existings or get back (screenshot).
If I remove one of the setups, then I'm able to save the snow setup.

Don't you guys think it would be awesome if Codies got a ERC licence?
Also AP4 rally class looks really exciting!

This is a MUST watch!

https://youtu.be/P09TLSVIOMw                                                                                                                        

bogani said:

This is a MUST watch!

Put it into the Documents/Movies/Etc. discussion!

versedi said:
bogani said:

This is a MUST watch!

Put it into the Documents/Movies/Etc. discussion!

It's so awesome it deserves to be in every thread ;)

@KickUp

Probably still very busy with the D4 related stuff but if it is possible; could you and your team please add a kind of freecam or free up the external carcam in replay. The replays in D4 are more limited (cameramovement mixed) than in Dirt Rally and due to the regular high camera angles in D4 it is very hard to capture a decent shot. 

Rygar86 said:
Sho846 said:
Rygar86 said:
Sho846 said:

Please look into it.

The close chase cam.
Okay, thats what I use too but I dont remember having this issue in Australia. I will see if I notice this next time I play.

The dust is not thrown in your face all the time (depending on car and camera angle I believe), but it does often enough to distract and damage the stage time. This never happened happened in Dirt Rally in the more dusty locations like Greece.

Anyway here is an example I found. Starts at 8:45
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWgQungJcD0

KickUp said:
Have you got the required tuning skill to use them?
I have struggled with this aswell, if there is a way to save more than 4 setups per car, I have not found it.
I had 4 setups done for a car for asphalt/gravel, when I then switched to sweden I could not create a new setup, no matter what I did, had to delete one of the other 4. I know it is supposed to be 4 setups per car per surface, but so far I have not found a way to do it.

SamRWD said:

I suggested this a couple of times already, instead of WRC. I'm sure it would be a cheaper license to grab, and probably would allow more freedom to Dev's, to implement / work, in whatever they wanted, with much less restrictions. ERC and EHCC ( European Hill-Climb ) would be great.

If the licenses doesn't require an annual game release ( like F1 Games ), i'm all for it... but that might be difficult.

P308R said:
@KickUp

Probably still very busy with the D4 related stuff but if it is possible; could you and your team please add a kind of freecam or free up the external carcam in replay. The replays in D4 are more limited (cameramovement mixed) than in Dirt Rally and due to the regular high camera angles in D4 it is very hard to capture a decent shot. 
At least on PS4, you can move the camera angle a bit with your left stick while the replay is paused

carpa said:
P308R said:
@KickUp

At least on PS4, you can move the camera angle a bit with your left stick while the replay is paused
I'll try that out! Haven't been able to do so with the wheel. Will connect the gamepad as well. Thanks Carpa  :)

Sho846 said:
Rygar86 said:
Sho846 said:
Rygar86 said:
Sho846 said:

Please look into it.

The close chase cam.

The dust is not thrown in your face all the time (depending on car and camera angle I believe), but it does often enough to distract and damage the stage time. This never happened happened in Dirt Rally in the more dusty locations like Greece.

Yes that certainly looks like more dust then when I remember playing it last, maybe I have a different graphical setting for the partical effects or something? I'll have to take another look. Are you on PC like me?

P308R said:
carpa said:
P308R said:
@KickUp

I'll try that out! Haven't been able to do so with the wheel. Will connect the gamepad as well. Thanks Carpa  :)
Are you on PC @P308R? If so please let me know how you go with this because I was planning on plugging my gamepad for this reason too :)

Rygar86 said:
P308R said:
carpa said:
P308R said:
@KickUp

Are you on PC @P308R? If so please let me know how you go with this because I was planning on plugging my gamepad for this reason too :)

Good old sturdy PS4 here ;)

Rygar86 said:
Sho846 said:
Rygar86 said:
Sho846 said:
Rygar86 said:
Sho846 said:

Please look into it.

The close chase cam.

Yes that certainly looks like more dust then when I remember playing it last, maybe I have a different graphical setting for the partical effects or something? I'll have to take another look. Are you on PC like me?

I'm on PS4, and the video I posted was someone who plays on xbox one I believe. I do remember this problem happening with the Focus '07 when I drove it last. It does not occur persistently, but often enough to obstruct vision once in a while.

I went back to Dirt Rally in Greece. That too is very dusty, but it does not go right into the camera and does not obstruct vision in any way.

KickUp said:
We'd probably add more World RX cars first rather than any older ones. 
Thanks for the reply. :)

Alf72 said:
SamRWD said:

I suggested this a couple of times already, instead of WRC. I'm sure it would be a cheaper license to grab, and probably would allow more freedom to Dev's, to implement / work, in whatever they wanted, with much less restrictions. ERC and EHCC ( European Hill-Climb ) would be great.

If the licenses doesn't require an annual game release ( like F1 Games ), i'm all for it... but that might be difficult.

I've not understood the fuss about the league licenses... What's there to gain really? We don't need the WRC or ERC name slapped all over the place, the stuff people really want those licenses for are cars and locations don't they? Considering this the ERC, as much as I like it, doesn't have much to offer. We have part of the cars already and R5s are not bound to any ERC regulatory. Location-wise I'm all for Rally Azores, but if it requires to cover ALL ERC locations this might not be a good choice. Location selection is all about variety and ERC is not as varied as for example the WRC locations.
If CM follows the YourStage path, the locations aren't locked away, they can just model any country they want as long as they aren't 1:1 replicas of WRC-stages. And I would opt for free choice in that case instead of being eventually forced by the licence to cover every location. quality > quantity
So the real issue are the WRC cars and those are I guess the main reason why people want the WRC license. Especially since WRC doens't add anything unique to the sport of Rally apart from Power-stages (which is just a point system). I want the 2017 cars as much as the next guy, but I still think, if they could be gotten without being bound to one league-license that would be the better way.

On another note: I never noticed the Mud-flaps are actually physically moving and soft! Was this in DR already? Looks nice how they go forward under braking.

And another note: I noticed when watching videos of my driving, that I feel like I didn't remember it being this fast. Like it felt slower while driving it. Anybody else? Do you think the personal time perception actually gets slower when you focus and think faster? Or just that the focus while driving leads to a slower pseudo-perception of time, since you actually realize more little smaller timeframes than what you do when chillin around.

Serves you all right for playing in chase cam

(cue abuse)
well lets not lose sight of how much fun it is trying to see in heavy rain on Llanfylin Lake at night from the headcam  so I would actually say deal with it. :smile:

I agree with limiting licensing. The removal of games like Dirt 3 and Alan Wake from sale just shows what a bad idea non-perpetual licensing is for games from a consumer perspective.

But hey, it moves boxes I guess.

Serves you all right for playing in chase cam

(cue abuse)
 :'( 

And I can't access Fearless/Brutal AI because of chase cam.

Cockpit bullies