DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

bogani said:

This is a MUST watch!

https://youtu.be/P09TLSVIOMw                                                                                                                        

Pure art.

@Rygar86 

Connected T150 and PS4 controller and when in replay you can use the right thumbstick to move the camera in a limited fashion like DR  :) So that works perfect. 

Maybe those inputs work also on PC. Worth a try maybe ;)

Some more constructive feedback:
1. This time it's almost probably a bug: Just did the monthly and 6/12 stages where declared as "fog patches" but all 6 where entirely foggy from start to finish. I do think that is not the intended behavior of  "fog patches"?

2. Sponsors should have extendable contracts too. I can extend staff contracts, but I can't sponsors. I can only overwrite them with new ones or wait for them to go away. And the fact that not all are always available, means you can't personalize your livery in terms of sponsors as they are all just temporary. Is this intended? Feels like you should be able to extend the contracts.

3. Sequential shifting is waaay too slow going through the gears. You have a crash and spent an additional 2-4 sec just shifting around to get into reverse and back. It was way faster in DR, why the change?

4. The spotter in RX is sometimes weird. Like "Your 'fighting' for 6th"... "Ahh.. now you're just being mean hah?"
Or, when you lead after the 'first' lap of the race: "After all jokered, you're currently fighting for first !" ... "Yeah, no sh*t, sherlock!"

5. formention RX AI seems location related too. Hell or Loheac they're great fast and really hard, Höljes and Portugal you can gain loads of time on them. Don't ask me on Lydden, still can't drive that joker properly enough to comment on that.. that trailbreak right into a two chicane is the hardest corner in all of the RX imho, although the rest of lydden is quite easy.

Don't get me wrong though, I'm enjoying this game great times overall! Just a little nitpicking for some patch inspirations ;)

Guys, I have a question- can you please forward me to how new Fiesta R5 dash display look like in real cars?
I am trying to find anything, but all I see is "old" display
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjVCZ-98XrA
I am asking because I have problem reading gear indicator in dashboard display we have in D4, I was wondering if real dashboard also has the same problem. I mean gear indicator is really small, and display is not very easy to read quickly at all IMHO.

SkyRex said:
1. This time it's almost probably a bug: Just did the monthly and 6/12 stages where declared as "fog patches" but all 6 where entirely foggy from start to finish. I do think that is not the intended behavior of  "fog patches"?

2. Sponsors should have extendable contracts too. I can extend staff contracts, but I can't sponsors. I can only overwrite them with new ones or wait for them to go away. And the fact that not all are always available, means you can't personalize your livery in terms of sponsors as they are all just temporary. Is this intended? Feels like you should be able to extend the contracts.

3. Sequential shifting is waaay too slow going through the gears. You have a crash and spent an additional 2-4 sec just shifting around to get into reverse and back. It was way faster in DR, why the change?

4. The spotter in RX is sometimes weird. Like "Your 'fighting' for 6th"... "Ahh.. now you're just being mean hah?"
Or, when you lead after the 'first' lap of the race: "After all jokered, you're currently fighting for first !" ... "Yeah, no sh*t, sherlock!"

5. formention RX AI seems location related too. Hell or Loheac they're great fast and really hard, Höljes and Portugal you can gain loads of time on them. Don't ask me on Lydden, still can't drive that joker properly enough to comment on that.. that trailbreak right into a two chicane is the hardest corner in all of the RX imho, although the rest of lydden is quite easy.

Don't get me wrong though, I'm enjoying this game great times overall! Just a little nitpicking for some patch inspirations ;)
Well, you hire crew, while technically the sponsors hire you. So the sponsors have the power, but they could give you a few different short/long term options.

SamRWD said:
Guys, I have a question- can you please forward me to how new Fiesta R5 dash display look like in real cars?
I am asking because I have problem reading gear indicator in dashboard display we have in D4, I was wondering if real dashboard also has the same problem. I mean gear indicator is really small, and display is not very easy to read quickly at all IMHO.
There aren't two displays for the Fiesta R5. There is a digital display that changes. On road mode it looks like ingame. In stage mode it changes and displays only gear and shift lights. Check the presentation  video for both modes:https://youtu.be/kkkUQqGN7Rs

SkyRex said:

5. Don't ask me on Lydden, still can't drive that joker properly enough to comment on that.. that trailbreak right into a two chicane is the hardest corner in all of the RX imho, although the rest of lydden is quite easy.

@SkyRex ...

2) I feel silly for asking this but how do you extend the staff contract? At the moment all my staff only last 6 events/championships (except for the permanent ones of course). Those hefty hiring fees are starting to add up! ;) I agree, the sponsorships seem a bit short, or at least a more long term option would be good so you dont have to watch the expiry as much and also as you said, keep the ones that look the coolest B)

3) I havnt noticed this myself, but then again Ive mostly been driving Auto. Wasnt it supposed to be fixed and the sequential gears made as fast as the H patern @kickup? I think I remember this being talked about in this thread.

5) Yep that Lyden Hill joker catches me out most times, especialy when Im in a close battle :p At least thats how it was for me in Dirt Rally, maybe it will be a little easier for me with the Dirt 4 RX handling improvments? Looking forward to trying that out!

P308R said:
@Rygar86 

Connected T150 and PS4 controller and when in replay you can use the right thumbstick to move the camera in a limited fashion like DR  :) So that works perfect. 

Thanks @P308R thats excellent! :smiley: I will try this next time I play, it should definitely help make the replays a little more interesting. Im also thinking that with rotation AND using the slow motion play speed effect as well it should be really cool! Thanks again :)

Just wanted to let anyone who hasnt already tried the 95 Subaru Impeza on tarmac yet, that it is an awesome experience that you will thoroughly enjoy! I just tried it out and I wished I had sooner because the way it drifts around corners is utterly magic! I only tweaked a 3 or 4 sliders in the tuning menu (by only a couple notches at most) and it seems to have made it even better. If youre interested I will look them up and post them here.

But even stock it should go well and having also tried the newer Scuby (2001) and the EVO X as well as the EVO 6 on tarmac, I can say that the 95' Impreza stands out by a long way and feels way more stable and responsive, plus it slides like butter, "rich creamery butter"!

Give it a go guys, you wont be disapointed ;)

Rygar86 said:
P308R said:
@Rygar86 

Thanks @P308R thats excellent! :smiley: I will try this next time I play, it should definitely help make the replays a little more interesting. Im also thinking that with rotation AND using the slow motion play speed effect as well it should be really cool! Thanks again :)
I'm glad they brought back the ability to subtly move the camera in certain replay shots.
And yes, combining that with slo-mo can give you some pretty cinematic shots. 

Here's my DiRT Rally slo-mo cinematic...
https://youtu.be/Y8QBh2yckRA

Rygar86 said:
KickUp said:
Your Stage uses these notches to let the algorithm do its work. I'll discuss with the guys to see if they are happy to increase the notches. 

As for tuning it is my understanding that the fidelity of the notches increases based on the quality of your chief engineer/mechanics. 

That is excellent news in regards to the tuning options and a clever upgrade system you have implimented, I definitely like this as it adds even more depth to the D4's already awesome management system!

I look forward to seeking out the finest engineers for my fledgling racing team :smiley:

Well, Im happy to report that I found a top chief engineer just today, his name is Rossini and he looks a little crazy, but that dude sure can tune a car! :smiley: (tuning rating is 80%)

Only thing is the cheeky bastard demanded 6% of my winnings :D Well I caved :s  But now I can tune everything on the car with even the slightest increment, just like in Dirt Rally. Awesome! 

Rygar86 said:
P308R said:
@Rygar86 

I'm glad they brought back the ability to subtly move the camera in certain replay shots.

Mr.Wagon you created a beautiful thing! I think it would be even nicer with a different style (faster, upbeat) kind if music. :)

SamRWD said:
This is how the display should look like when the car is in stage mode: https://youtu.be/hBXIiRNMtJQ

Simple display with a big gear display.

The display we have in DiRT 4 isn't the stage mode display but instead the display they get when the car is in road mode.

Rygar86 said:
Rygar86 said:
P308R said:
@Rygar86 

Mr.Wagon you created a beautiful thing! I think it would be even nicer with a different style (faster, upbeat) kind if music. :)
Meh I just did it on the playstation. The shareplay app gives you only 7 or 8 songs to choose from.

Have been collecting some nice slo mo slidey moments in D4 though, so Ill post that when i get about 4 mins of usable stuff.

Rygar86 said:
Rygar86 said:
P308R said:
@Rygar86 

Meh I just did it on the playstation. The shareplay app gives you only 7 or 8 songs to choose from.

Have been collecting some nice slo mo slidey moments in D4 though, so Ill post that when i get about 4 mins of usable stuff.

Ahh I see, didnt realise you were using  a limited editing software. I just imagined you did it on PC, its great you can even do that kind of thing on a console now. Look forward to some D4 stuff in glorious slow-mo :)

Jepsertti said:
SamRWD said:
This is how the display should look like when the car is in stage mode: https://youtu.be/hBXIiRNMtJQ

Simple display with a big gear display.

The display we have in DiRT 4 isn't the stage mode display but instead the display they get when the car is in road mode.
That's what I suspected actually! Thanks! Gonna post it in apropate thread.

Okay, 2 things with this video here:

1) firstly a nice crash video ;) that shows D4 is even better than DR at crashes imho. Btw @urgaffel I love the pieces that go flying every where when I scrape a wall or a guard rail, just gorgeous. I also love the improved sound FX when I hit a wall, a tree or even those flimsy stripey candy cane poles. The sound of the body work making contact with stuff and all the 'crunchy goodness' of these multiple sounds together (glass breaking, plastic smashing, metal warping and scraping) is just such a pleasure and improvement that it almost makes me happy when I stuff up...almost  :p

2) I had my first go on Sweden yesterday because I basicaly had to as part of the career progression ;) Ahh Sweden, we meet again ಠ_ಠ and well Sweden all I can say is you havnt changed and youre still as bitter and cruel as the day we met.

Also, the snow looks much nicer and glistens in a gorgeous and super real looking way with the new lighting. But you still cant fool me with your beauty Sweden, you evil temptress! щ(゚Д゚щ)

But then @3:36 in the video, something amazing appears...wide roads! Were these in DR? Because all I remember in DR are those higgledy hobbledy Raindeer tracks that I avoided like the plauge :D But this looks more like what Sweden should be, at least for the most part and also what I remember a lot of IRL Sweden Rally footage looks like.

Dare I say it, but Im actually looking forward to racing Sweden and finding these really wide roads 'cause they look awesome and it now seems (for me at least) D4 now actually has 5 locations :smiley:

But dont get me wrong Codies! Im still waiting, dreaming and hoping for DLC  :p

I time stamped it : https://youtu.be/pQwjZWPTAPc?t=3m36s

https://youtu.be/pQwjZWPTAPc?t=3m36s

This crash video is way better than the last, some spectacular impacts and airbourne rolls. Pretty sure all footage is in 'gamer mode' but it doesnt seem to have any effect on saftey! This guy crashes way better than I can so my hats off to him for his destructive achievments  :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BM_BnHVnaHQ

car crash video game videos generate often more than serious runs why so many do them now.

so of the crashes do look ace but not feel so good when its you behind the wheel :D

Hi, im again un the forums because yesterday i managed to install Dirt 4 because after a rally weekend I postponed it  :p, Despite I couldn't drive it with my steering wheel, (because it is in my parents house), I can say it is amazing, maybe some job to polish in the physics and in the AI, but Your Stage and career mode is brutal. 
By reading what you have written Mr @KickUp when someone ask for something you say you would rather add another location, so we may have some DLC's in the future? I really hope to get some more countries for your stage, the amount of locations we have it is fine don't get me wrong, but the more the merrier  :#

dgeesi0 said:
car crash video game videos generate often more than serious runs why so many do them now.

so of the crashes do look ace but not feel so good when its you behind the wheel :D

Maybe the reason is this:

schadenfreude
noun
  1. pleasure derived by someone from another person's misfortune.

Rygar86 said:
This crash video is way better than the last, some spectacular impacts and airbourne rolls. Pretty sure all footage is in 'gamer mode' but it doesnt seem to have any effect on saftey! This guy crashes way better than I can so my hats off to him for his destructive achievments  :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BM_BnHVnaHQ

That was amazing! 

I thought the RWD Group B and AWD Group B would be grouped together :( @KickUp said so a couple times in this thread. H2 FWD&RWD arent grouped together either.

chukonu said:
I thought the RWD Group B and AWD Group B would be grouped together :( @KickUp said so a couple times in this thread. H2 FWD&RWD arent grouped together either.
I do believe they are seperate classes, but in events they are always multiclass? So you'll drive against the other class like if it's one