DIRT 5 - Chat about the game and get support here. Read more... ×

DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

Gossip thread on a second page... unacceptable. 

So to gossip about something, I'm proud of myself:

versedi said:
Gossip thread on a second page... unacceptable. 

So to gossip about something, I'm proud of myself:

Nice one, I had no idea you are Polish too LOL.

It was, unfortunately, a modified 1995 sound on the 2001 Subaru in DR, but now it has the actual 2001 sound in D4. Authenticity m8.

Snaky115 said:
It was, unfortunately, a modified 1995 sound on the 2001 Subaru in DR, but now it has the actual 2001 sound in D4. Authenticity m8.
Thanks guys. All makes sense now

Iv just been sponsored by my One yr old son's new company - Lucas.  Made a nice livery to suit, tho it's a total Castrol rip-off lol

KevM said:
Iv just been sponsored by my One yr old son's new company - Lucas.  Made a nice livery to suit, tho it's a total Castrol rip-off lol

I didn't just totally copy Kubica's Fiesta WRC scheme on my Fiesta R5  : o:)
(my Mirage is white- grey- light blue, absolutely not releated to photos I've found on car's official FB page ;) )

Because it was a different car in DR, it's now the correct car in D4.
Have to say I'm loving the correct sound of that car: love that off-throttle flutter! 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMP3PsKmcyU

Sound comparisons of the cars from Dirt Rally and Dirt 4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ro-1O9om0eg

Quite often you get noise from the gearbox and Nicky saying there is a problem. Anyone ever had an actual problem following that, like missing a gear/gear stuck?

Same thing when Nicky claims misfire. I never feel any power loss and then engine sound itself never sounds like it misfires.

bogani said:
Quite often you get noise from the gearbox and Nicky saying there is a problem. Anyone ever had an actual problem following that, like missing a gear/gear stuck?

Same thing when Nicky claims misfire. I never feel any power loss and then engine sound itself never sounds like it misfires.

I think Nicky just has it in for all of us since we're all inferior to Colin McRae ;)

bogani said:

I think Nicky just has it in for all of us since we're all inferior to Colin McRae ;)

I do not envy the man, as I suspect co-driving with me goes much like this for poor Nicky!

bogani said:

Same here, get the rattle but then the sound stops and the gearbox works just fine. Same thing with misfires. Only real problem so far has been the intercom acting up with some static.

Dytut said:
bogani said:

Same here, get the rattle but then the sound stops and the gearbox works just fine. Same thing with misfires. Only real problem so far has been the intercom acting up with some static.
same with brakes as well, there is a grinding noise when I brake for a little while and then nothing and that has happened even right after a service

I kind of wish (Like other games) that random mechanical failures was a difficulty option. Maybe it's just me, but I find it annoying to have it apparently break something in the time I don't have it.
It just reminds me of my car which I hate. Always fun driving along the freeway and have it just decide to stop going. Or when it used to randomly stall out and leave me stuck on the side of the road and I'd have to push it home from the other side of the city... in the middle of summer... when it's 40 C.

bogani said:

So, @KickUp, is this just a neat detail without any real consequence?

JZStudios said:
I kind of wish (Like other games) that random mechanical failures was a difficulty option. Maybe it's just me, but I find it annoying to have it apparently break something in the time I don't have it.
It just reminds me of my car which I hate. Always fun driving along the freeway and have it just decide to stop going. Or when it used to randomly stall out and leave me stuck on the side of the road and I'd have to push it home from the other side of the city... in the middle of summer... when it's 40 C.
My first car used to stall every time I stopped unless I rested my foot gently on the throttle. I did only pay £50 for it to be fair though!

i can see your point about it being a difficulty option, but I think I'd always have it on as I like it! Just wish that it did a little more, like you actually have a problem to fix in service

Gearbox failure on a long spanish stage, after that i could only roll the car with maybe 5km/h... a few kilometers down the road terminal damage. It has consequences! :D

WRC 7 Corsica gameplay

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9hveK-mVXo

They're talking about WRC 7's handling going more to the simulation side this time

I'm sad because there's no way to create a Leg-System like a IRL rally in Jam Session Multiplayer.

You can't copy and paste one generated stage in the same event for two or three times unless I don't know some magic tricks. 

------

sqdstr said:
WRC 7 Corsica gameplay

They're talking about WRC 7's handling going more to the simulation side this time

Sure, simulation. They've talked like that about 5 and 6 too. 

versedi said:
sqdstr said:
WRC 7 Corsica gameplay

Sure, simulation. They've talked like that about 5 and 6 too. 

I found that funny too, instead of always changing the same stuff every game, they'd better start improving their engine noises and sounds.
I'd rather have a rally game with "ok" handling and awesome sounds than one with great physics and shitty sound.

bogani said:
bogani said:

So, @KickUp, is this just a neat detail without any real consequence?

Yeah, there is a bunch of stuff like this that is meant to distract you. That said, if you do have a gearbox problem Nicky will say the same stuff and you'll hear some audio that suggests damage.