Jump to content
F1 2020 | KNOWN KEY ISSUES | READ ME!!! Read more... ×

DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

 

Message added by PJTierney

Recommended Posts

So I think I just raced Oscar Solberg in RX!!

And won :D
A likely story. Next thing you'll be telling us that you kept beating times set by Kris Meeke as well...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
tbtstt said:
So I think I just raced Oscar Solberg in RX!!

And won :D
A likely story. Next thing you'll be telling us that you kept beating times set by Kris Meeke as well...

Picture proof!

So back to the other story, I only have testimonies to back that up ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
versedi said:
Alf72 said:

This livery doesn't even pop up in the Classifieds, for Delta S4 RX...

It does, I have it in my garage for a long time. 

There's a bug in my game then :p

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've never seen it in the classifieds. I'm not saying it's not, just never seen it there.


@Versedi Are you sure you didn't unlock it somewhere in the career? And to be clear he did say the RX version.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Classified refresh about every 15 minutes i think.
Ah, so it's time based? I assumed that it changed every time you completed an event. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
versedi said:
Narzugon said:

And to be clear he did say the RX version.

Didn't see that.
Rally version, sorry.
Oddly enough I have seen the rally RS200 numerous times now, but it was the rallycross RS200 I have had to wait ages for. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Yeah, I haven't seen that one a lot. The RS200 RX is the only one of that group that I have seen in the classifieds.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Narzugon said:
Yeah, I haven't seen that one a lot. The RS200 RX is the only one of that group that I have seen in the classifieds.
Same for me: looks like it is going to be a long wait to get the set of Group B RX cars then!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Struggling to get myself to play at the moment. Need to shave about 10 seconds off my own WR to win a stage I'm up to in triple crown. Probably just gonna leave it until after AI times have been patched and I know if that's the actual intended difficulty. Game just isn't fun when you can't be sure if you're doing well or not because you don't know if the difficulty is as intended. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Should I let the abs off or put it on? What is the most realistic?
Off is the most realistic: it is the only driving aid I have switched on though, as I sometimes find it tricky to be delicate on the brakes using a controller!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
adsadsads said:
Struggling to get myself to play at the moment. Need to shave about 10 seconds off my own WR to win a stage I'm up to in triple crown. Probably just gonna leave it until after AI times have been patched and I know if that's the actual intended difficulty. Game just isn't fun when you can't be sure if you're doing well or not because you don't know if the difficulty is as intended. 
What is the meaning of triple crown?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
adsadsads said:
Struggling to get myself to play at the moment. Need to shave about 10 seconds off my own WR to win a stage I'm up to in triple crown. Probably just gonna leave it until after AI times have been patched and I know if that's the actual intended difficulty. Game just isn't fun when you can't be sure if you're doing well or not because you don't know if the difficulty is as intended. 
What is the meaning of triple crown?
When you have won the last Championship in the career Rally, Rallycross and Landrush categories, the "Triple Crown" is unlocked.

The Triple Crown consists of one Rally, one Rallycross and one Landrush Championship. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
And to awaken the gossip thread from its slumber, here's a lovely onboard I found:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XsA6haeTmEI

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
And to awaken the gossip thread from its slumber, here's a lovely onboard I found:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XsA6haeTmEI

Yes, that's a great video. Also pretty frustrating as D4 rear end issues prevents us from doing exactly that.
Something in between Dirt Rally and D4 would probably feel the best.

Here's a favourite of mine. Heave breathin Kenneth Eriksson. 
I really love how they had to man handle these older cars. The modern stuff is more point and squirt.

https://youtu.be/O0FTUm6y7ts


Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I feel quite sad every time 'It's getting away from me, it's slipping away' plays on my menu screens.

For me, it's the Dirt 4 theme tune and describes the feeling of the fan base :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
you look at that video and see how he is setting up corners and just :'(

i wonder if we will get a road book tomorrow.detailing any patches or changes coming soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bogani said:

Here's a favourite of mine. Heave breathin Kenneth Eriksson. 
I really love how they had to man handle these older cars. The modern stuff is more point and squirt.

https://youtu.be/O0FTUm6y7ts


Yeah, you can see the McRae influence on the handling of the early Impreza WRCars: absolutely zero understeer! 

Compare it to the more recent WRCars and there is a world of difference!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
tbtstt said:
bogani said:

Here's a favourite of mine. Heave breathin Kenneth Eriksson. 
I really love how they had to man handle these older cars. The modern stuff is more point and squirt.

https://youtu.be/O0FTUm6y7ts


Yeah, you can see the McRae influence on the handling of the early Impreza WRCars: absolutely zero understeer! 

Compare it to the more recent WRCars and there is a world of difference!
If they did try to drive it like the modern cars there would be endless understeer.

I really love how they drove those. Fantastic!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I think it's pretty dirty (pun not intended) that they only have the "WRC broadcast footage" playing the audio throughout that video.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×