DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

Ginginho said:
Thanks for the credit, Lee - I didn't deserve it but Lucas is well chuffed :) He's also much, much quicker than me... :/
Not at all man your feedback counted and was just as important :) Thank you.

gfRally said:
So can someone let us know what 128 ment?  Or is that still Gossip worthy? 
It might have been the car i posted some weeks ago, as the Fiat 128 rally is in the game.
It wasn't, I don't really want to spoil the party but...
it didn't mean anything, Lee really did have 128 unread emails XD
Close... but not quite :wink: 

Dude don't come wandering around like you know something

Quadruple post I know but my house, my rules and all that.

Sorry I've not been by too much, I know you guys are cool and can sort yourselves out while I tend to the rest of the internet. 

So few things...

1) ahahahahahahahaha you guys totally didn't see that coming did you? Come on... admit it... I'm good.
2) Thank you for being so damn awesome
3) We're over the moon with how much you love the game, yes and by that I mean you guys in this thread. The guys who kept this section of the forum going. We're happy that the rest of the internet loves it to but you guys... we love you guys, we hope we did you proud.
4) I'm not in the slightest bit sorry for any of the teasing :P (admit it, you enjoyed it)

That's it I'm gonna end on 4 because its a funny number.

Talk to you all tomorrow, I'll get the DRC set up with our sparkly new league system and try find time for that AMA though I really wanna wait till our master of DiRTy Gossip is back from his holiday before doing it.

Sorry I've not been by too much, I know you guys are cool and can sort yourselves out while I tend to the rest of the internet. 

So few things...

1) ahahahahahahahaha you guys totally didn't see that coming did you? Come on... admit it... I'm good.
3) We're over the moon with how much you love the game, yes and by that I mean you guys in this thread. The guys who kept this section of the forum going. We're happy that the rest of the internet loves it to but you guys... we love you guys, we hope we did you proud.
4) I'm not in the slightest bit sorry for any of the teasing :P (admit it, you enjoyed it)

Talk to you all tomorrow, I'll get the DRC set up with our sparkly new league system and try find time for that AMA though I really wanna wait till our master of DiRTy Gossip is back from his holiday before doing it.
1) Well done.
2)Thank you.
3)I actually do love it way too much. (though I would like to know what else you are planning!)
4)I did enjoy it for the short time I had. Sadly I didn't find this thread before ;/

You are a funny number >.>

1, I stared at the splash screen while trying to register my copy of DiRT for a good 5 minutes before it sank in that I was looking at a new game. About a minute after that and I had broken my decision (made on the way to the shop while DiRT was installing) not to buy any more games now that I had all 3 DiRTs on pc.
2, Back at you
3, Thanks for taking onboard what we asked for
4, Yes, you evil genius's

@justbiglee 

As with all the others, I am proud to say I have been mentioned in one of the best rally titles released (only to get better in coming months).  Its really shows that Rally as a sport is so different than many many other motorsports, and this has poured over to our game and our group at DiRTyGossip.  Outside of meeting everyone face to face, there is something special about this group, a great camaraderie that is rare on the 'net.  

Thanks Lee, and thank all you guys here for putting up with my millions of posts, rants, wild theories, and over excited misspelled phone posts :)

Oh yeah, Lee your just a big bully!
:wink: 

Now who can guess what cars we will see in the updates?

I wish people would stop saying 'copy Richard burns rally handling' - because I personally think this has a much more accurate representation of driving on gravel, it's loose, but can be heavy and slow you down when sliding

I wish people would stop saying 'copy Richard burns rally handling' - because I personally think this has a much more accurate representation of driving on gravel, it's loose, but can be heavy and slow you down when sliding
I agree on this, RBR is just hard, hard doesn't equal realism. To create a better game than RBR you can't just copy it, it will never be better (except for graphics etc. ofcourse)

People want a new game, but it seems they don't want it any different from the one they've been playing for 10 years!

Anyway, hopefully all the feedback is going down well, the one thing I possibly agree with is that the braking force is a bit strong, but as I've said elsewhere, I need a proper go with a controller to get another feel for it, which will hopefully be this weekend

People want a new game, but it seems they don't want it any different from the one they've been playing for 10 years!

Spot on! Aside from the odd bugs I have yet to read any negative comments on the game itself; it's great to see it going down so well. 

I would love to know if a console release will happen. I am resisting the urge to splash out on a gaming PC (an urge that is going to be even harder to fight when the World Rallycross content is released!), got my fingers crossed that the demand is strong enough for Codemasters to do it.

I agree on this, RBR is just hard, hard doesn't equal realism. To create a better game than RBR you can't just copy it, it will never be better (except for graphics etc. ofcourse)

Well, @Rallydriven and @Turbodevin19 @Tbtstt one thing I do noticed,... there are Always people that complain about I want the RBR physics,... but what I do noticed is that there are rather more positive reactions instead of negative!
And there are just a few reactions that want the old RBR physics,... so I think the DiRT team has to receive a great compliment for achiving something that no rallygame did before ( getting a real sim/ getting real close to RBR)! remeber this is there first real sim at rallygames by codemasters and its heading in the right direction! I am looking forward to the DiRT rally game in 2016, when buggs are gone and it almost complete is! I think we created then the best game together!

Thats the power of the early acces,.. every one is helping now to create the best game instead of tear the new game apart!

Well, @Rallydriven and @Turbodevin19 @Tbtstt one thing I do noticed,... there are Always people that complain about I want the RBR physics,... but what I do noticed is that there are rather more positive reactions instead of negative!
And there are just a few reactions that want the old RBR physics,... so I think the DiRT team has to receive a great compliment for achiving something that no rallygame did before ( getting a real sim/ getting real close to RBR)! remeber this is there first real sim at rallygames by codemasters and its heading in the right direction! I am looking forward to the DiRT rally game in 2016, when buggs are gone and it almost complete is! I think we created then the best game together!

Thats the power of the early acces,.. every one is helping now to create the best game instead of tear the new game apart!
I saw a funny tweet by Paul or Jon and its absolutely correct about it, "who know that hard would be so fun".  This is not a easy game to play, wheel or otherwise.  You need to develop fineness with this and each car really does handle differently so each car brings a new challenge.  

So few things...

1) No, I didn't, and when I saw the surprise, my hype level was OVER 9000!!!!!!!!!!!

2) Welcome.

3) Well, I didn't contribute much, but I guess I count, so, er, yeah, thanks a million.

4) I did enjoy your torturous trolling, and I loved the crazy theories that followed even more.

Nice! And thanks, again, to all the DiRT Team.

Oh, and @justbiglee , do I still get that 'Wishful Thinking' badge or do I have to wait til after the full release? Unless.... you will be adding DX12 support at some point in the future... though I'm not sure how seen as the engine's already made and all... or maybe it's already supported and will be seen in action once Windows 10 comes out... or something :smile: 

gfRally said:

@justbiglee 

As with all the others, I am proud to say I have been mentioned in one of the best rally titles released (only to get better in coming months).  Its really shows that Rally as a sport is so different than many many other motorsports, and this has poured over to our game and our group at DiRTyGossip.  Outside of meeting everyone face to face, there is something special about this group, a great camaraderie that is rare on the 'net.  

Thanks Lee, and thank all you guys here for putting up with my millions of posts, rants, wild theories, and over excited misspelled phone posts :)

Most of what we ask for, probably. I predict a Ford Focus, i20, Polo R, 2015 Subaru, Evo X etc. in Modern Masters, and the old Evo(s), Impreza, Focus, Xsara among others in the iconic pack. And who knows, maybe the 2017 Yaris will show up somewhere. It'd be... interesting to drive a modern, kitted out, Rally edition of my own RL car.

probably wrong. half the 'iconic' predictions probably don't come under iconic cars.

789ifyz said:

gfRally said:

@justbiglee 

Most of what we ask for, probably. I predict a Ford Focus, i20, Polo R, 2015 Subaru, Evo X etc. in Modern Masters, and the old Evo(s), Impreza, Focus, Xsara among others in the iconic pack. And who knows, maybe the 2017 Yaris will show up somewhere. It'd be... interesting to drive a modern, kitted out, Rally edition of my own RL car.
I like that you mentioned Subaru twice ;) 

I've heard somewhere that some Rally drivers have said RBR is actually harder than Real Life.

@everyone remember that dream I had a long time ago, where real Rally drivers were praising the game for being challenging, realistic, exhilarating, fun etc.? Well, it would seem that with this new direction and the feedback so far as well as what I've played of the game so far, that dream is finally coming true! Can't wait to see how this evolves.

I've said before that I havnt played it in a long time, but the sliding is way over the top, it's like the gravel is just one solid lump rather than loads of small particles making up the road. In DiRT, you can really feel the car digging into the surface and being affected by it. Going sideways is slow, and to slide a car in real life like you do in RBR you have to be really pushing.

ill come back to this once I've got DiRT running properly

Ok I need to desperately sort myself out with some gaming PC. I have no idea what specs are the best but I'll do some research because I HAVE TO PLAY THIS GAME!

Ok I need to desperately sort myself out with some gaming PC. I have no idea what specs are the best but I'll do some research because I HAVE TO PLAY THIS GAME!
You better! Don't forget to buy some high end wheel, pedals and shifter ;D
Also is there anyone else having trouble with the hairpins. Sometimes I feel that I can barely get around them. Anyone that has any tips or advice? (running a g27 setup) 

This is what I like to hear, people realising that PC's are capable of so much more, there is going to be a surge in the market for PC parts pretty soon thanks to Dirt Rally lol ;-)

Pete, I saw this the other day on HUKD, if I were building a new PC as my first I would go with this or build something very similar as it ticks all the boxes for a good 1080/1440p gaming rig for a starter, I would probably stick a 256GB SSD in for the OS so add another £60 for that, the graphics card alone is over £250.

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/intel-i5-4460-gtx-970-4gb-gpu-8gb-ram-1tb-hdd-gaming-pc-no-os-595-00-freshtechsolutions-2193616

Regarding the hairpins, in previous titles the clutch used to be fully pressed when the handbrake was engaged which allowed the rear to lock up and the fronts to free wheel. In this game, that doesn't happen in FWD and 4WD cars (it has to happen in RWD). This was to allow players to control the fronts with the brake/throttle independently to the rears, and it's this change in behaviour that I think is catching a lot of people out.

Is it the front wheel drive cars you are struggling with at hairpins? Do you try to weight shift or rely on the handbrake to pivot the car? What throttle/brake inputs are you applying?

Synck said:
You better! Don't forget to buy some high end wheel, pedals and shifter ;D
Also is there anyone else having trouble with the hairpins. Sometimes I feel that I can barely get around them. Anyone that has any tips or advice? (running a g27 setup) 
I have a Logitech Driving Force GT, had it for four and a half years now. I'm not sure whether DiRT Rally officially supports it though. I played Gran Turismo 6 on the Thrustmaster T500RS and it was outstanding, so I'd love that!

And thanks for the tip @RWBSUPERCHARGER I'll take a closer read of that very soon!

Regarding the hairpins, in previous titles the clutch used to be fully pressed when the handbrake was engaged which allowed the rear to lock up and the fronts to free wheel. In this game, that doesn't happen in FWD and 4WD cars (it has to happen in RWD). This was to allow players to control the fronts with the brake/throttle independently to the rears, and it's this change in behaviour that I think is catching a lot of people out.

Is it the front wheel drive cars you are struggling with at hairpins? Do you try to weight shift or rely on the handbrake to pivot the car? What throttle/brake inputs are you applying?
It's the FWD. I usually weight shift but sometimes apply a touch of handbrake when it's not enough but the car more or less stops and that's where the problem lays. I apply full throttle and adjust the breaking.