DIRT 5 - Chat about the game and get support here. Read more... ×

DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

Ok, that makes more sense.

But anyway, I would still like to see an option to enforce only generated stages for multiplayer events without being able to load stages into the event.

This is exactly my plan too, have a handful of "best of" stages that I can sprinkle into my roadbooks, but mostly rely on random stages.

JZStudios said:

The sad thing is, checking the forums used to be the highlight of my day, and now I don't even have that. Think it's time to break out the Simon and Garfunkel.
https://youtu.be/4zLfCnGVeL4

I can mention the Toyota S1E22B WRC to start an argument if you want?
I mean, you could, but I don't know anything about the Toyota S1E22B WRC STI Superleggera SS  for it to make any difference to me.

Having been around here for a while, it's saddening to see the forum as quiet.  DR had everyone buzzing and it showed here on the forum.  It was a shoestring production by a small team with big passion & they deserved the success it brought.

D4 could have/should have been creating a bigger hype for the guys and I kinda feel sorry for all involved that it hasn't gone quite as planned.  
I had had hoped a V2 physics pass would have got the hype-train back on track.  I understand it's probably a huge undertaking but for the sake of the brand, thought it would have been worth doing, even for sim mode.

Knowing the passion the team put into DR, I suspect it's probably eating them that the game is missing the mark for many.  I really don't think they are the type to simply look at revenue targets & be satisfied that it's bringing money in.

Perhaps D4 was a compromise designed to cover all bases.  Has it ended up as the best bargaining tool the team have when pitching the pure hardcore goodness that would be DiRT Rally 2, to the suits upstairs, as a viable sellable product that people actually want?

I know I do...?  Unfortunately I'd think twice about pre-order though.... :(

Yeah, but dirt rally did have a long EA where there was loads of talk, then a final pc release, followed by a console release, followed by PSVR release. There was a lot to talk about for a long time!

DiRT Rally did the basic ground work & did it well. ...and D4 should have been an evolution & refinement of a formula that worked.

the guys deserve to blow the next one out of the ball-park

Yeah, but dirt rally did have a long EA where there was loads of talk, then a final pc release, followed by a console release, followed by PSVR release. There was a lot to talk about for a long time!
Yup. The EA program was a hype machine of it's own following the surprise release that also made alot of buzz.

KevM said:
DiRT Rally did the basic ground work & did it well. ...and D4 should have been an evolution & refinement of a formula that worked.

the guys deserve to blow the next one out of the ball-park
Dirt rally felt like a project that wanted to be done.from the heart not for money.Dirt 4 is the exact opposite.it feels like a money product game.

maybe its because while dirt 3 sold well it wasnt a real rally game it was a arcade fun racer. maybe they wanted to show hey we want to put us back on the proper track and with Dirt rally they did.totally blew me out the water.

Dirt 4 i was hyped for but that has lessened so quickly and the silence from the team (sorry team) has almost finished my will to even play it now.which is sad as i long for the right rally game and codies often do them so well.Dirt 4 is to me personally like Dirt 3.which if you think about it it should be as its successor. if it would of been markerted just to be newer Dirt 3 and nothing like Dirt rally most probably would of excepted it isnt really sim.

im hoping deep down that some brilliant patch comes to save dirt 4 from the bottom of the ocean but..i just dont know if that will happen.

either the silence is because the games just going to have bare support with nothing else much to be done.or its going to be totally revamped which doesnt make sense business wise to spend so much money to do so for it to gain not that many extra sales as the damage has been done in the main launch of the game.

that being said some of spain is great fun just i cant rally the same 5 or 6 events over and over.

Whilst waiting for gossip, here's Ken Block doing DIRTy like thing:

https://youtu.be/33A0zZ5qb1Y
I was there back in April, this is an awesome place to see, like another planet.  

gfRally said:

I was there back in April, this is an awesome place to see, like another planet.  
Like if you made the sky purple it'd be in Star Trek?

I live in a fairly dusty place, and as much fun as it is to get DiRTy, I hate the feeling of being coated with dirt. I'd want immediate access to a shower and change of clothes.

https://www.dirt4game.com/ is giving the 500 error. Maybe some updates are happening? :o

Edit. Ok, site seems to be back up, and I do not see anything different. Maybe something happened under the hood? We can always speculate!

Cool to see a car charging round in the sort of terrain that you'd see a motocross bike. Block has done this before though, for the "Blast" book a couple of years ago (which I really want a copy of, but it's a bit pricey). 

I believe his Pikes Peak video is out next month. I really want to see him use his RS200 for a video though!

I really miss playing against the global leaderboards like in DiRT Rally, I think that a good idea it would be to make like 20 leaderboard challenges that lasts for a week so everyone can play it, but in the same format as the daily, just one run through the Stage.
Because of you play a stage from the career, yes you have leaderboards, but people isnt pushing super hard, just beating the AI times (many times are super fast, but if you make a decent run without mistakes you can easily make into the top 100)

Yesterday I got the last achievement by winning the historic legends series (need those clubs now!), and encountered a little bug: The podium-scene showed the 4-fielded star for winning in fearless-difficulty, but the menu-screen only shows the 3-fielded trophy instead. I checked back and it was the same with some other championships in historic class (I know I did them in fearless) . Not that it really matters or breaks anything, but it's propably intended to show correctly.

By the way, in the process of curating a finland stage, found one that has sadly a lot of open fields, but one really really fast jumpy section through the woods with an insane final jump. If you nail it it's crazy fast, if you screw up slightly the chance of terminal damage is high:

SkyRex said:
Yesterday I got the last achievement by winning the historic legends series (need those clubs now!), and encountered a little bug: The podium-scene showed the 4-fielded star for winning in fearless-difficulty, but the menu-screen only shows the 3-fielded trophy instead. I checked back and it was the same with some other championships in historic class (I know I did them in fearless) . Not that it really matters or breaks anything, but it's propably intended to show correctly.

By the way, in the process of curating a finland stage, found one that has sadly a lot of open fields, but one really really fast jumpy section through the woods with an insane final jump. If you nail it it's crazy fast, if you screw up slightly the chance of terminal damage is high:

Super pic Mate!!!

SkyRex said:

Whaow, that is DiRT Rally Finland level of insane!

Not the one with the insane jump-chain, but I finallz found my iconic Finland stage. It's very fast most of the time and amazingly it's a max-length stage (14km) in Wales and has like >90% Forest! Only beginning and end and one 500m stretch in the middle are moorlands. Maybe I'll use the insane jump stage too though...
If you've got 7 min and nothing better to do, might give this a look:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=boz7ygsjBZM

So F1 2017 release today. Hope that means that D4 can get some attention again fairly soon.

Physics looks rubbish, I didnt thought C3 WRC suspension was that bad :D
https://youtu.be/Evk5hQQxlSk
But stage doesn't look that bad, indeed I would like to give it a go with proper physics  :/ 
Edit: It is wide buuut coming from Kylotton it isn't a 8 lane highway

Physics looks rubbish, I didnt thought C3 WRC suspension was that bad :D

But stage doesn't look that bad, indeed I would like to give it a go with proper physics  :/ 
Edit: It is wide buuut coming from Kylotton it isn't a 8 lane highway
I can't understand the French, but where the hell is that stage supposed to be? A volcano? Weird landscape to have massive boulders like that all over and cliff faces, but only light gravel.

Yeah, WRC titles have a reputation for the environment often looking like a fantasy world.

With regards to the suspension not being able to handle the bumps, it was my thought too. In reality, these cars (the chassis) almost float above the surface very smooth and steady, while the suspension is doing its work.

BTW, here is another crazy WRC 7 video. This guy can not even drive a few meters in straight line. He tries really hard.
It's either very bad input lag or very bad steering setup. It looks undrivable.

https://youtu.be/MbI8io323EM

WRC 7 Porsche in Spain                                          

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzgqYbYbPdg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6PsCnxJ9k8