DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

bogani said:
Club patch still weeks away according to an answer on twitter.

Seems it's pointless to release it then at this stage, from a logistical point of view. The longer it gets put off the more i'd be inclined to focus resources on the next project, or fixing F1 2017, both of which I think they are doing. 

So no patch release in October...? @ChristinaMc
Maybe you could tell us which month you're THINKING to release the patch...

Many people who are waiting for clubs...got some lads who signed up already for my championships - they will take place as soon as clubs have arrived!
Not everyone is so negative about D4 as some guys around here...

Sorry for the double post but it looks like DiRT4 is getting more Rallycross competition
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iww2LONzxes&t=1s

LutzM said:
So no patch release in October...? @ChristinaMc
Maybe you could tell us which month you're THINKING to release the patch...
At the moment, November is currently the likeliest month - but of course, this is caveated with all of the usual subject to QA/first party approval/etc. As soon as I can confirm a date, I will - and honestly, I really can't wait to confirm that date! - so stand by for more news as it comes. 

Sorry for the double post but it looks like DiRT4 is getting more Rallycross competition
LOL, nice dust clouds iRacing.
It honestly doesn't look that good.

cjl9 said:
"caveated" "caveated"?! What part of speech is this?

Means that one (or many) factors could prevent what has been said from happening. 

Without meaning to sound too biased (because I vastly prefer European rallycross), this doesn't look like serious competition to DiRT 4 at the moment: just two cars (one of which appears to be a rally car) and I assume a selection of GRC tracks which, in my personal opinion, are rather dull compared to their European counterparts. 

Still, nice to see rallycross popping up in another game!

It's all about the handling and FFB for some of us and I expect it will be quite good in iRacing but, I despise the subscription service factor so it's not something I would play for the long term.

@JZStudios

Thank you for your help, but I no longer have those games anymore, so it doesn't matter. Tempted to get rid of the PlayStation 2. I never use it, plus I have a PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4 now. I don't need three consoles! :D

McStanley

Exactly, why iRacing has so much success? i've tried it for 10 days and it's not so great.
It's professional and for hardcore gamers and costs a lot more than other good sim

DoubleTen said:
Exactly, why iRacing has so much success? i've tried it for 10 days and it's not so great.
It's professional and for hardcore gamers and costs a lot more than other good sim
iRacing is having less success as of late. Originally, the draw was it was pretty much the only sim that made it easy to get into a full server with other people and race at a high level and also it was oval racing-oriented which meant that the NR03 guys could just move on up and have a really well-organized, well-designed experience. As they've expanded their game, some of the massive flaws in the system have become more obvious but having the playerbase where at any given night you can race in one of a dozen series still allows it to be extremely popular, but other games have started to be able to pull off many of the ideas iRacing originally had and so it's probably going to wane off over the next 5 years or so.

iRacing competition is actually great, but the physics were badly flawed the last time I played, in that, the engine can’t handle oversteer & required a really bizarre input sequence to correct a slide....

I would love a full fledged Red Bull GRC game on PS4. That would be so awesome! Playing a full season with all the tracks would be great.

iracing has the platform made and ready which many dont have for sim racing.i personally dont like the platform or how it plays but i respect that others do and enjoy it and they have the platform covered.it shows someone knows what they on with .

as companies push esports now those platforms will be very important.

iRacing has had its problems with the physics, that’s for sure, but in its current state I actually like the physics of it the most out of current sims. They really have improved catching slides a lot. Have to say that the thing I like most about iRacing’s physics is that in my opinion it gives the best feeling of being in touch with the road out of all simulators.

The laser-scanned tracks of iRacing are one of the best things about it IMO. Driving non-scanned versions of the tracks I’ve driven in iR just feels so wrong. Also I haven’t seen as good track textures as in iRacing in any other game yet!

I think this is one of the best images to prove my point about the quality of the tracks:

tbtstt said:
Without meaning to sound too biased (because I vastly prefer European rallycross), this doesn't look like serious competition to DiRT 4 at the moment: just two cars (one of which appears to be a rally car) and I assume a selection of GRC tracks which, in my personal opinion, are rather dull compared to their European counterparts. 

Still, nice to see rallycross popping up in another game!
I really like GRC. I think it's cool that these events can be set up anywhere. It's like a festival with lots to see, hear, and do. I was at the double header in Seattle this year and the action was so awesome. The GRC has exciting racing on actual race cuircuts and temporary set up places which I think is cool. Plus Subaru is also in it and they have made a beast of a car, sounds really good to.  ;)

If my wild speculations are true. I do hope they're looking at Rally Hedemarken. It's essentially Rally Finland's Norwegian cousin. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9DU07JpAVc&t=210s

The stage Rokosjøen is often called "little ouninpohja" And it would circumvent the "No WRC stages" issue quite nicely

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CiFcJVJ1Q_Y

It's even held in the fall months which means they could reuse Finland assets from DiRT Rally