Jump to content

DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

 

Message added by PJTierney

Recommended Posts

Designed with the input of World Rally champion and double World Rallycross champion, Codemasters is proud to present Petter Solberg Rallisport, featuring every round of the 2018 World RX Championship, and the next evolution of Your Stage, including Germany with enhanced hinkelstein-caused damage modelling and France with extra-far off-road areas, and including cars from Volkswagen, Citroen, Subaru, Ford, and Toyota.


Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
dwkGravey said:
Designed with the input of World Rally champion and double World Rallycross champion, Codemasters is proud to present Petter Solberg Rallisport, featuring every round of the 2018 World RX Championship, and the next evolution of Your Stage, including Germany with enhanced hinkelstein-caused damage modelling and France with extra-far off-road areas, and including cars from Volkswagen, Citroen, Subaru, Ford, and Toyota.


Add Japan and you might be on to something

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alf72 said:
bogani said:
It will be built on a completely new engine and an will much like Assetto Corsa be an ongoing project, adding locations, stages and cars along the way for a substantial period of time.
Source? If they gonna move to a new Engine, it's the right time to make sure that the Engine supports Modding.
Literally the first time someone has asked for a source for something in the gossip thread.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alf72 said:
bogani said:
It will be built on a completely new engine and an will much like Assetto Corsa be an ongoing project, adding locations, stages and cars along the way for a substantial period of time.
Source? If they gonna move to a new Engine, it's the right time to make sure that the Engine supports Modding.
Literally the first time someone has asked for a source for something in the gossip thread.
Source?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I would love a full Rallycross game. I love the sport I think it's great and I would personally love to play a full season with all the RX tracks and cars in a DiRT game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Anyone going to Wales this weekend?      
Yep, I’m heading there tonight and will be there until Sunday, going to shakedown, hafren, gartheiniog and maybe brenig 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
There's the ultimate line-up of cars you need in a rally game:

from: http://www.wrc.com/en/wrc/news/october-2017/rallylegend-post/page/4948--12-12-.html

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Accro2008 said:
Last week end was rally legend, with a special tribute to Colin on sunday by a bunch of legendary drivers.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iy35EQOhCuU
Had a tear in my eyes seeing all the Mcrae's car going toward the scottish flag (end of the video).
Got back from Italy this afternoon. Rally Legend 2017 was an absolutely incredible event, one of, if not the best rally I have been too. So many memorable moments and, although the McRae tribute on Sunday was great, watching the night stage through San Marino on Friday night was just perfection.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Did you guys see the Thrustmaster new rally rim? A 1:1 replica of the Sparco R383!


Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bogani said:
Did you guys see the Thrustmaster new rally rim? A 1:1 replica of the Sparco R383!


Now that looks nice! Do the paddles rotate with the rim or stay with the base? My biggest gripe with the standard T300 is that the paddles rotate with the wheel which can make it tricky to hit the right paddle at times, especially with high DOR. There's a reason they have the single paddle on the right in the WRC cars.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dytut said:
bogani said:
Did you guys see the Thrustmaster new rally rim? A 1:1 replica of the Sparco R383!


Now that looks nice! Do the paddles rotate with the rim or stay with the base? My biggest gripe with the standard T300 is that the paddles rotate with the wheel which can make it tricky to hit the right paddle at times, especially with high DOR. There's a reason they have the single paddle on the right in the WRC cars.
They rotate with the wheel. As I'm on the T500 base I still have the base fixed paddles though if I want to use them instead.

I've been using a real 350mm rim for quite some time and I really can't go back to the tiny standard 300mm rim, but not having buttons is problematic in some games. This looks like a nice compromise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
gfRally said:
@tbtstt cant watch video at work, but is he doing some sort of crazy livery to it?  I love his designs, but this just looks so pure in white...  (no pune)
Going back to the earlier conversation @gfRally it looks like the EscCos has got a new livery and is one of the cars to be used in Gymkhana 10...

https://youtu.be/xpB25Cn-vXA

...I hope one of the others is the RS200 Block brought a couple of years ago!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
tbtstt said:
gfRally said:
@tbtstt cant watch video at work, but is he doing some sort of crazy livery to it?  I love his designs, but this just looks so pure in white...  (no pune)
Going back to the earlier conversation @gfRally it looks like the EscCos has got a new livery and is one of the cars to be used in Gymkhana 10...

https://youtu.be/xpB25Cn-vXA

...I hope one of the others is the RS200 Block brought a couple of years ago!
GK10 looks really cool, and the whole Amazon behind the scenes will be neat to see too.  A little disappointed of the Escort livery not as creative as its been in the past, too close to the Hoonicorn.  I would have liked to see him do a white base wrap to it for something different.  I still love his early 2012 (drip) and the 80s skateboard inspired 2013 livery.  (example

A RS200 would be amazing as well, but I can see this looking like Doran's w/Monster Energy livery.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bogani said:
Did you guys see the Thrustmaster new rally rim? A 1:1 replica of the Sparco R383!


That looks awesome, I wish it had a single fixed pedal like in the WRC though...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bogani said:
Dytut said:
bogani said:
Did you guys see the Thrustmaster new rally rim? A 1:1 replica of the Sparco R383!


Now that looks nice! Do the paddles rotate with the rim or stay with the base? My biggest gripe with the standard T300 is that the paddles rotate with the wheel which can make it tricky to hit the right paddle at times, especially with high DOR. There's a reason they have the single paddle on the right in the WRC cars.
They rotate with the wheel. As I'm on the T500 base I still have the base fixed paddles though if I want to use them instead.

I've been using a real 350mm rim for quite some time and I really can't go back to the tiny standard 300mm rim, but not having buttons is problematic in some games. This looks like a nice compromise.
Ahh, too bad. I've been considering making a gearshift ring that fits with the rotating paddles, but haven't quite had the time to think about it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I'm astounded 
http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/how-did-a-f2002-mod-from-ac-end-up-in-f1-2017.142884/


Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alf72 said:
I'm astounded 
http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/how-did-a-f2002-mod-from-ac-end-up-in-f1-2017.142884/


The funny thing is, the F2002 was considered the most accurate model on F1 2017 :/ now we know why...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
It’s a model of a car and another model of the same car.  And they are similar - now, there’s a surprise...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
KevM said:
It’s a model of a car and another model of the same car.  And they are similar - now, there’s a surprise...
Check the wireframe comparison, is impossible to be that similar, every triangle size, you have more chances to win the lottery two days in a row than make 112000 triangles exactly the same :p

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
KevM said:
It’s a model of a car and another model of the same car.  And they are similar - now, there’s a surprise...
That's not the issue. The two models appear to have an almost identical wireframe, as you can see here



It could be a coincidence but it is almost impossible to have such a correspondence between the two (plus I think a Codies employee admitted that the mod was used as "base reference")

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
KevM said:
It’s a model of a car and another model of the same car.  And they are similar - now, there’s a surprise...
there's a reply from CM to the modder further in the thread - http://www.racedepartment.com/attachments/f2002_my_007-jpg.218873/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Didzis said:
KevM said:
It’s a model of a car and another model of the same car.  And they are similar - now, there’s a surprise...
there's a reply from CM to the modder further in the thread - http://www.racedepartment.com/attachments/f2002_my_007-jpg.218873/
That post / picture says everything. Codies are already investigating what happened * grabs more popcorn *
https://twitter.com/xtinamcgrath/status/923879318970884096

Edit: Thread in RD keeps going, with almost 40k views !! at this time. Hot Topic indeed...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alf72 said:
Didzis said:
KevM said:
It’s a model of a car and another model of the same car.  And they are similar - now, there’s a surprise...
there's a reply from CM to the modder further in the thread - http://www.racedepartment.com/attachments/f2002_my_007-jpg.218873/
That post / picture says everything. Codies are already investigating what happened * grabs more popcorn *
https://twitter.com/xtinamcgrath/status/923879318970884096

Edit: Thread in RD keeps going, with almost 40k views !! at this time. Hot Topic indeed...
It kind of sounds like someone got a little lazy and just pushed it out. Shame. I highly doubt CM did it on purpose since it's a rather large legal issue, though that also depends on the creative commons license they published with the release....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×