DIRT 5 - Chat about the game and get support here. Read more... ×

DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

carpa said:
21 messages on Gossip Thread
They're about the new ARCADE POPCORN from the ex Evo Studios

Guys, just in case you all have forgotten it, Codemasters have more than one team to work for all their IPs. Just because they're launching a new arcade racer it doesn't mean the DiRT serie is dead...
Of course, how did we forget? Dirt 4 is having a lot of patches and improvements in this four months, is not dead. My bad.

I’m guessing the patches for F1 2017 could be coming to an end very soon with 1.10 being the last, possibly one more but doubt it. 
Hopefully will mean some more activity on Dirt 4 in the not too distant future 

What if the reason the patch was so delayed was because they were secretly making another your stage country as some sort of apology? It’s probably not gonna happen but a man can dream

My issue with any upcoming patch is that it's most likely going to be some league related thing, which is fine, but after 4 months and nothing done about any other issues people have... I just don't see how it would bring people back in droves. It won't bring me back when I still don't particularly the driving model and I still don't have a location I love.
I really hope they do a surprise major expansion patch or something, because at this point anything less and I'll be extremely disappointed.

What if the reason the patch was so delayed was because they were secretly making another your stage country as some sort of apology? It’s probably not gonna happen but a man can dream
Oh yay another country to get sick of after two long stages.

dgeesi0 said:
i don't get what you on about. Codemasters is a big studio. they make various games they have done since 1986 ! while Dirt 4 isnt the fans favorite they make other games so don't be surprised to see other titles come out.
^^^ 
Yup - the DiRT studio is still very much the DiRT studio. We just have more studios now! :)

dgeesi0 said:
i don't get what you on about. Codemasters is a big studio. they make various games they have done since 1986 ! while Dirt 4 isnt the fans favorite they make other games so don't be surprised to see other titles come out.
^^^ 
Yup - the DiRT studio is still very much the DiRT studio. We just have more studios now! :)

Can you give us some info, if we are getting more content apart from the leagues, and when the update will be released

@Fedemaisonnave @Madhun1967 You guys should be happy just to witness a rare Christina sighting.

I don’t really understand all this negativity, it’s pretty obvious that most people here are interested in sim rally games, so why is everyone angry that a completely different studio is making an arcade racer? You just simply don’t but the game and it’s not a problem for you.

I think it's not so much being angry at another team for creating something else, but rather being a bit jealous that both the F1 guys and the arcade guys get something (either new or patches) while we haven't even seen any signs on the DiRTy side. At least, that's how I look at it.

Areyouben said:
I think it's not so much being angry at another team for creating something else, but rather being a bit jealous that both the F1 guys and the arcade guys get something (either new or patches) while we haven't even seen any signs on the DiRTy side. At least, that's how I look at it.
If you take a look at the F1 Forums the situation doesn't seem that happy either though :s...

carpa said:
Areyouben said:
If you take a look at the F1 Forums the situation doesn't seem that happy either though :s...
Is that ever not the case though?

o:)

dgeesi0 said:
^^^ 

Can we have a studio / team dedicated on Sims only? Doesn't matter if is Off-Road or Circuit Racing, but a studio / team dedicated on doing Racing Games for the people that want " the real deal ".

They can even add 10 new Countries. New content isn't what D4 really needs first.

ChristinaMc said:

Then what is the DiRT studio doing?
Not talking.
Not releasing updates/patches.
...Yeah, yeah, I know: "Can't say much about it right now. Soon."

I don’t really understand all this negativity, it’s pretty obvious that most people here are interested in sim rally games, so why is everyone angry that a completely different studio is making an arcade racer? You just simply don’t but the game and it’s not a problem for you.

Maybe it's the feeling that scarce resources are already spread too thin to give proper attention to what matters more to some people. We often hear/read "they're not a big-budget triple-AAA studio/publisher, so they don't have the resources to do what other game companies do" - so, it might seem to some like a waste of limited resources to pursue what might seem to some like low-return endeavors at the expense of things they care more about.

^ what you said ......................................what i cant believe is that she would chime in here off and on ,but cant give any committed speculation to keep us happy.You have a dedicated studio and if youre working on a new game and Dirt4 is done ,then so be it.
Just hate the fact the we ,customers,ramble on and trying to enjoy the purchased product and no feedback is being recognized.
i dont buy the politically correct,cant say much BS,like back in Dirt Rally EA days,they could be saying SOMETHING.
Place is more secure than the Pentagon.

Operator1 said:

Maybe it's the feeling that scarce resources are already spread too thin to give proper attention to what matters more to some people. We often hear/read "they're not a big-budget triple-AAA studio/publisher, so they don't have the resources to do what other game companies do" - so, it might seem to some like a waste of limited resources to pursue what might seem to some like low-return endeavors at the expense of things they care more about.

They didn’t take on another entire studio just to work on updates for dirt 4 though! They took them over ages ago, and we’ve known since the beginning they have been working on a completely new project. Dirt has been quiet partly due to F1 marketing. I imagine the team must have started to move on to the next project by now, which they definitely won’t be able to talk about for some time. Hopefully something will come for dirt 4 though 

Game studios struggle to deal with the noise; they either ban detractors, operate in the dark zone, or just ignore those that they can't justify the trouble of satisfying, hoping they just go away. There is a trend developing with studios withdrawing and not responding to questions or criticisms for long periods of time or just letting publishers handle the PR stuff. Some studios limit access as one way to filter some of the noise and reduce the negativity.

We see the same thing happening with professional software. I work with design software costing over 5k and have to wait  24 hours just to get a response to a tech-support issue. It's one of the most bug-ridden programs I've ever seen but, there isn't enough competition in the market to drive product quality and customer satisfaction to higher levels. Reliability is sacrificed in the name of new cutting-edge features and ease of use but, it can't perform even the most basic functions reliably or consistently.

Operator1 said:

They didn’t take on another entire studio just to work on updates for dirt 4 though! They took them over ages ago, and we’ve known since the beginning they have been working on a completely new project. Dirt has been quiet partly due to F1 marketing. I imagine the team must have started to move on to the next project by now, which they definitely won’t be able to talk about for some time. Hopefully something will come for dirt 4 though 
Yes, a lot of our resource has been focused on F1 these past few months (with it being an annual title, it always gets crazy for F1 due to how much needs doing in such a small amount of time) - but there is more to it than that. Our hands have been tied somewhat when it comes to DiRT 4; for example, we've been working on a really cool competitive thing, but we have partners for this which means we have agreements to be signed, plans to be made, and NDAs in place around it. This is stuff you will hear about!! But, it's stuff we have to be vague on until the inevitable embargo lifts. 

On updating the game: Clubs is coming (and we're sorry about how late that is - we've hit all sorts of hurdles when trying to get the features polished) and if all goes well that'll be here in a couple of weeks - and with it a fairly large patch too. Speaking candidly, there are a lot of moving parts behind the scenes at the moment, and while we're working on things you've fed back on, whether or not we can realistically bring it to this project is the question. Alas, these are decisions made by the people who make the big bucks and allocate where the big bucks go internally. 

Again, I'm sorry this isn't the news you're all hoping for, and I am wildly aware that it's still rather vague - but seeing as though I'm not in the business of making things up or over-promising, I hope this goes someway to explaining the quietness! 

Operator1 said:

Yes, a lot of our resource has been focused on F1 these past few months (with it being an annual title, it always gets crazy for F1 due to how much needs doing in such a small amount of time) - but there is more to it than that. Our hands have been tied somewhat when it comes to DiRT 4; for example, we've been working on a really cool competitive thing, but we have partners for this which means we have agreements to be signed, plans to be made, and NDAs in place around it. This is stuff you will hear about!! But, it's stuff we have to be vague on until the inevitable embargo lifts. 

On updating the game: Clubs is coming (and we're sorry about how late that is - we've hit all sorts of hurdles when trying to get the features polished) and if all goes well that'll be here in a couple of weeks - and with it a fairly large patch too. Speaking candidly, there are a lot of moving parts behind the scenes at the moment, and while we're working on things you've fed back on, whether or not we can realistically bring it to this project is the question. Alas, these are decisions made by the people who make the big bucks and allocate where the big bucks go internally. 

Again, I'm sorry this isn't the news you're all hoping for, and I am wildly aware that it's still rather vague - but seeing as though I'm not in the business of making things up or over-promising, I hope this goes someway to explaining the quietness! 

well, i hope the same xD
anyway, at least we know that actually "something" is moving on behind the scenes...

thanks Christina ;)                                                                                                               

Operator1 said:

<3 thanks. 

I'd be happy if the patch was here before Christmas.

Operator1 said:

thanks for the update @ChristinaMc