F1 2020 | KNOWN KEY ISSUES | READ ME!!! Read more... ×

DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

urgaffel said:
lol... nothing wrong with a phallic festival :D

Japan is a country like any other, it has its own issues but! It is well worth visiting in my opinion because it is beautiful, the food is fantastic and it's something that's very different. If nothing else, go for the food :D
Yeah, my dad went there for business recently, and they were "honored" guests so they got the REALLY traditional food... which is terrible apparently. Even the Japanese there were kind of complaining about it saying they basically don't ever eat it.
On the topic of Japan, they apparently had some rather large brightly colored spiders, one of which managed to bite my dad in the leg and caused a very large... well, you get the idea and a hospital was involved.
My dad also said he was sitting in one of the hot springs with the other guys and one looks at another and says "What country are you from?" the response being "Japan, why?" "...Oh, nothing. You just look like you could've been Chinese."  :D
My dad laughed pretty good and said "You mean you can't tell them apart either?"
And that concludes fun stories about Japan.

tbtstt said:
That is a seriously awesome collection @Kuris, great pictures as well! How was Tokyo? Japan is top of my "countries to visit" list! 

Thanks, Tokyo is definitely worth to see and visit. Beautiful, clean and there's so much to see.

urgaffel said:
tbtstt said:
That is a seriously awesome collection @Kuris, great pictures as well! How was Tokyo? Japan is top of my "countries to visit" list! 
Japan is ace, I've been there several times and definitely recommend it. /goes back to lurking
Ha! Thanks for the recommendation @urgaffel! 
Kuris said:
tbtstt said:

Thanks, Tokyo is definitely worth to see and visit. Beautiful, clean and there's so much to see.
There are a lot of different bits of Japanese culture I'd like to check out and Tokyo seems the best location to see as much of it in one place as possible. If and when I go to Japan though, I'd like to travel a bit to try and see as much of the country as possible. 

tbtstt said:
Kuris said:
tbtstt said:

There are a lot of different bits of Japanese culture I'd like to check out and Tokyo seems the best location to see as much of it in one place as possible. If and when I go to Japan though, I'd like to travel a bit to try and see as much of the country as possible. 
True. Next year I'm planning to go to Osaka and Kyoto and see what they are like and how they differ from each other. And finally from there to Tokyo for Tokyo Game Show, so that should be interesting. already counting days :D

Sort of back on topic... but not really: 

http://www.wrc.com/en/wrc/news/november/new-polo-r5/page/4997--12-12-.html

More details trickle out about the forthcoming Polo R5, which looks to arrive in the second half of 2018. I am a huge fan of the R5 class and I'm very keen to seem what VW can bring to the table. 

tbtstt said:
Sort of back on topic... but not really: 

http://www.wrc.com/en/wrc/news/november/new-polo-r5/page/4997--12-12-.html

More details trickle out about the forthcoming Polo R5, which looks to arrive in the second half of 2018. I am a huge fan of the R5 class and I'm very keen to seem what VW can bring to the table. 
I'm hoping in the future DiRT games they'll add the Polo GTI, Iriz and the Corsa to the existing roster of R5 That would make a killer lineup

Kuris said:
A couple of more beauties. Sorry about the spam, now i'm done.

There is no such thing as offtopic in this thread, expecially if we're talking about these beauties...

Back on topic, I'm surprised no one has thought this could be a hint to a Japan Rally DLC :p

The Lexus LFA is one of the most sexy cars I have seen.
I agree, just wish they didn't revision it so many times. It's unfortunately too expensive for it's class.
I'm also disappointed they never actually made the FT-1 other than the concept. That thing is awesome.

Kuris said:
tbtstt said:
Kuris said:
tbtstt said:

True. Next year I'm planning to go to Osaka and Kyoto and see what they are like and how they differ from each other. And finally from there to Tokyo for Tokyo Game Show, so that should be interesting. already counting days :D
Good choice, we went to Osaka, Kyoto and Hiroshima two years ago. Osaka is a ton of fun and Kyoto is chilled out and Hiroshima is home to one of the most beautiful mountain shrines I've seen. Got a bunch of photos if you want a peek :)

urgaffel said:
Kuris said:
tbtstt said:
Kuris said:
tbtstt said:

Good choice, we went to Osaka, Kyoto and Hiroshima two years ago. Osaka is a ton of fun and Kyoto is chilled out and Hiroshima is home to one of the most beautiful mountain shrines I've seen. Got a bunch of photos if you want a peek :)
Yes, I believe we do. 

(Please!)

Oh my god I nearly forgot! I was playing Dirt 4 and it reminded me that I saw the Polish co driver from Dirt 4 on Rally GB the other week! I was just about to go up to him and say Hi Paul! When suddenly he turned to his friend and started speaking Polish. I had no idea he was real

tbtstt said:
urgaffel said:
Kuris said:
tbtstt said:
Kuris said:
tbtstt said:

Yes, I believe we do. 

(Please!)

Oh yes, I'd love to see some photos.

JZStudios said:
The Lexus LFA is one of the most sexy cars I have seen.
I agree, just wish they didn't revision it so many times. It's unfortunately too expensive for it's class.
I'm also disappointed they never actually made the FT-1 other than the concept. That thing is awesome.
Yeah, that FT-1 is absolutely stunning, especially in real life. Such a great design and when I saw it, the first thing that popped into my head was. 'holy s*** those rims are massive'.

It's such a shame that so many design studies and concept vehicles are never transformed into real cars. They just use some minor part like the side mirrors of that vehicle and that's it. And I'm like did you really need to design all that if you just needed a new pair of side mirrors.

No one is commenting on this???

https://twitter.com/volkswagenms/status/927829295644463106

gfRally said:

I posted that earlier and you completely ignored it!  :D

Photos: https://www.flickr.com/photos/urgaffel/sets/72157670050146226

I'm terrible at uploading stuff but I did manage to squeeze the 1000+ photos from that trip into the set above :)

tbtstt said:
gfRally said:

I posted that earlier and you completely ignored it!  :D

Besides, I was looking at how many LOL's I got to notice your post :joy:

urgaffel said:

I'm terrible at uploading stuff but I did manage to squeeze the 1000+ photos from that trip into the set above :)
Awesome! Just had a quick glimpse, will have a proper look when I get home from work!

urgaffel said:

Great photos! thanks for sharing.

Here's a bunch of photos of my this year's trip to Tokyo. https://flic.kr/s/aHsm8KBhz5 in case you or @tbtstt want to check them out

And here's some muscle cars from this year's local car event / gathering. And a possible hint to a Muscle car DLC :P
https://flic.kr/s/aHsm4VHLuy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VsXNSKmM-Ds

My body is too short for Gravel... but Unreal 4 can do wonders

I like that they attempt to give the setting and drivers some personality. Not many  racing games do things like that anymore