DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

FlattJern said:
tbtstt said:
JZStudios said:
Not being... British? I never had any idea that 555 is apparently a brand of cigarettes? It always confused me seeing the fake livery or the ( without the numbers.
I believe it's origin was in the UK, but it's big in the Far East now. There were also references to the cigarettes in the number plates for the Group A cars:

The use of "555" is obvious, but "BAT" is British American Tobacco, who own the 555 brand.

Back to Deus Ex and I really enjoyed HR. The boss fights did seem a bit out of place, but they didn't ruin the game for me. I haven't touched the original game for years and, given that I have fond memories of it, perhaps I should leave it that way!
In Thai, 5 is pronounced HA, so 555 is hahaha.
And BAT (spelled Baht) is Thai currency. 
dwkGravey said:
FlattJern said:
tbtstt said:
JZStudios said:
Not being... British? I never had any idea that 555 is apparently a brand of cigarettes? It always confused me seeing the fake livery or the ( without the numbers.
I believe it's origin was in the UK, but it's big in the Far East now. There were also references to the cigarettes in the number plates for the Group A cars:

The use of "555" is obvious, but "BAT" is British American Tobacco, who own the 555 brand.

Back to Deus Ex and I really enjoyed HR. The boss fights did seem a bit out of place, but they didn't ruin the game for me. I haven't touched the original game for years and, given that I have fond memories of it, perhaps I should leave it that way!
In Thai, 5 is pronounced HA, so 555 is hahaha.
And BAT (spelled Baht) is Thai currency. 
And in Japanese it's go go go.

Which makes it three times faster than the Citroen Xsara, which I just discovered used the "Go!!!!" to replace the Gauloises cigarette branding. I had always wondered about all those exclamation marks.

I remember the Gauloises being replaced by Go!!!! on the Yamaha M1 MotoGP bikes.
In formula1 the WEST was replaced by EAST  B)
Welcome to the DiRTy Gossip thread, where you are never too old to learn something new. Excellent posts everyone!

gfRally said:
Now that I am home, I thought the first pic was the livery he picked, which I am always a fan of KB's style.  Anyhow I see its sadly a reflection.  However, you can almost never go wrong with black (unless your Anikin Skywalker).  
I wasn't sure what to make of the first image, as I was afraid that Block had done something hideous with the car. Have to say, I think the black looks spot on though, modern but tasteful.

I even like the white wheels! 
#80 seems to be in Norway, #34 is/was in France
#80 was for sale a couple of years ago. It was pretty much dream road specification and relatively cheap for what it was: if I had more time to arrange a bank job, I would have bought it, but Block beat me to it! :smiley:

#34 isn't an Evo so be interesting to know exactly what has happened. Is the video is wrong or did Block buy another RS200? There was a story doing the rounds that, when #80 was eventually sold, it didn't have the engine in it. Hopefully more engine bay pictures (or better still a Hoonigan Garage feature) on the car will follow.

adsadsads said:
Re: Mankind Divided, I enjoyed it overall. It's a smaller scale story than Human Revolution so less travelling the world and you basically just stop one plot. I think the smaller scale of what you achieve, a bit of sequel bait at the end, and Prague being the only hub area left it feeling unfinished to a lot of people. I really enjoyed it though, Prague shits on all of the HR hubs combined and the story is good. Also has two of the best sidequests in any game ever. 
I wonder which sidequests you mean? I assume the first one is the augmented murder investigation, but the second?

So I finally went back and played dirt rally in vr after having not played it since dirt 4 came out. Everything feels right again, I really hope codies reconsiders their position on vr on future titles as they had something special with it.

Scyy said:
So I finally went back and played dirt rally in vr after having not played it since dirt 4 came out. Everything feels right again, I really hope codies reconsiders their position on vr on future titles as they had something special with it.
Yes thst's true. I do a lot of pc2 nowadays. Great handling but the cars (inside) looks so computorised. In dirt rally it all looks so unbelievable real. Few days ago there was a daily in Greece and I did a replay. Just to watch the scenery. Mountains, dust from the car, birds in the sky. Superb!

tbtstt said:
gfRally said:
Now that I am home, I thought the first pic was the livery he picked, which I am always a fan of KB's style.  Anyhow I see its sadly a reflection.  However, you can almost never go wrong with black (unless your Anikin Skywalker).  
I wasn't sure what to make of the first image, as I was afraid that Block had done something hideous with the car. Have to say, I think the black looks spot on though, modern but tasteful.

#80 was for sale a couple of years ago. It was pretty much dream road specification and relatively cheap for what it was: if I had more time to arrange a bank job, I would have bought it, but Block beat me to it! :smiley:

#34 isn't an Evo so be interesting to know exactly what has happened. Is the video is wrong or did Block buy another RS200? There was a story doing the rounds that, when #80 was eventually sold, it didn't have the engine in it. Hopefully more engine bay pictures (or better still a Hoonigan Garage feature) on the car will follow.
Here you go https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSGWenFJSYs&t=5s @tbtstt  

errrr... F#kin name you, takes me ttbb.. no tbbbst... no ttbbst... ARGH.. hey you! You, in the 22b shirt, look here! :P

gfRally said:
tbtstt said:
gfRally said:

Here you go https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSGWenFJSYs&t=5s @tbtstt  

errrr... F#kin name you, takes me ttbb.. no tbbbst... no ttbbst... ARGH.. hey you! You, in the 22b shirt, look here! :P

Ha, was just on the way here to post that, cheers for the tag @gfRally! Nice to see a bit more of the car, but the video is full of errors:

- The 2.4L wasn't an "Evo upgrade": the Evo was a 2.1L. From what is said the video about the engine and the original colour, it's definitely #80. The engine was modified to 2.4L in Norway. It's not an original Evo either.  
- The "ears" aren't exclusive to the Evo: s
ome appear without them and they were an option for the standard car. 
- The RS200 wasn't the first Group B car designed from the ground up for rallying: that would be the Lancia 037.

Bit disappointed to hear someone who actually owns my dream car seemingly know very little about it!

adsadsads said:
Re: Mankind Divided, I enjoyed it overall. It's a smaller scale story than Human Revolution so less travelling the world and you basically just stop one plot. I think the smaller scale of what you achieve, a bit of sequel bait at the end, and Prague being the only hub area left it feeling unfinished to a lot of people. I really enjoyed it though, Prague shits on all of the HR hubs combined and the story is good. Also has two of the best sidequests in any game ever. 
I wonder which sidequests you mean? I assume the first one is the augmented murder investigation, but the second?
The cult and the underground newspaper were my favourites.

adsadsads said:
I think some of my sidequests glitched out. I know I ran into an apartment and found a dead guy with a bullet casing, but nothing happened.
I was also supposed to argue with David Sarif, which I did, and that still says incomplete.
I was also also supposed to get a brain implant thing for the other augs and take it back to the doctor guy, but he wasn't there and the mission appeared to just finish itself.
Not sure how much better the new one is when I had 0 issues at any point in time in the older one.
adsadsads said:
adsadsads said:
The cult and the underground newspaper were my favourites.
The cult in the sewers? Or the church? I did the one in the sewer, THOUGHT I got a key for the church, but reloaded, didn't and the guy wouldn't talk to me again... so I think that may have glitched out as well.
The newspaper was.... eh? Although... to be fair I had already basically killed everyone in that location before I started it... and the original infiltration was fun. That reminds me that I started HR after a few months, ran into a bar thinking "Have I been here before?" Then the game loaded in all the corpses scattered everywhere. "Yep, I've been here before."

Barely DiRTy Gossip, but I published a blog on the departure of Hoonigan Racing Division from the World Rallycross Championship yesterday. It includes a few of my fave pictures of the Focus RS RX and I think there are a few of you on here who are fans of the car, so might be of interest! 

http://fueltopia.co.uk/farewell-hoonigan-racing-division/

I finally made the sequel to my infamous video where I successfully ruined a million newbies' tuning setups with way too much rear ARB and dropped at least one curse word per sentence.
I figure this is a bit late since everyone here already knows how they like to tune their rally cars, but I'll pop it in here in case someone gets a giggle.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9x42GjMGMW8

Project Cars 2 will add "fun Pack" dlc it contains .... Matthias Ekstrom’s Audi S1 EKS RX Quattro
so there is Hope for Dirt 4

Project Cars 2 will add "fun Pack" dlc it contains .... Matthias Ekstrom’s Audi S1 EKS RX Quattro
Let's hope they learn to spell his name right when they put the car in the game. ;)

Just to add some context from that, the original reason the car didn't appear in game was due to a licensing issue. Given that Ekstrom was officially backed by Audi Sport in 2017 the issue was resolved and the EKSRX S1 4x4 T16 from the 2017 season can be included in games...

...but if Codemasters were to do it properly, they would need to include the 2016 season car, as the rest of the cars in DiRT 4 are all from that year. Will the new EKS/Audi Sport arrangement allow the licensing of cars from "unsupported" seasons? I suspect not. 

(But I would be overjoyed to be proven wrong on the above point!)

tbtstt said:
Let's hope they learn to spell his name right when they put the car in the game. ;)

Just to add some context from that, the original reason the car didn't appear in game was due to a licensing issue. Given that Ekstrom was officially backed by Audi Sport in 2017 the issue was resolved and the EKSRX S1 4x4 T16 from the 2017 season can be included in games...

...but if Codemasters were to do it properly, they would need to include the 2016 season car, as the rest of the cars in DiRT 4 are all from that year. Will the new EKS/Audi Sport arrangement allow the licensing of cars from "unsupported" seasons? I suspect not. 

Or They could just add expansion dlc for 2017 WRX season, that has new liveries for some cars like Focus, new track (posible that would be Barcelona) and S1 EKS RX

tbtstt said:

Or They could just add expansion dlc for 2017 WRX season, that has new liveries for some cars like Focus, new track (posible that would be Barcelona) and S1 EKS RX
Would be awesome if they did! Even better if they included the PSRXVW Polo as well...

...but I'd be happy with just the S1! :smiley:

https://twitter.com/xtinamcgrath/status/935939549796208641

Roadbook inc.
Probably going to be the clubs patch?

Etirion said:

Roadbook inc.
Yes it is. She left a message in the "What the hell happened Codemasters?" thread which confirms it. Also do appreciate the fact that she opened a thread with such a title :)

carpa said:
Etirion said:

Roadbook inc.
Yes it is. She left a message in the "What the hell happened Codemasters?" thread which confirms it. Also do appreciate the fact that she opened a thread with such a title :)
I have to open all of them! Sometimes I reply, sometimes I cry/headbutt my desk - but I read it all. ;)

But yes - A Road Book will be here Monday, probably around 2pm, maybe just after. All depends on how smooth a deployment we get, but it's one I've been begging to write for months!