F1 2020 | KNOWN KEY ISSUES | READ ME!!! Read more... ×

DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

Yes Germany looked great back in February, and it wasn't even finished then. 

Got to say, I dislike how busy and cluttered this forum is now. I almost miss the gentle quiet it had pre DR. 
One of the reasons that I created the feedback list was to help to keep the forum clean but people insisted to create new threads with the same things of the list :neutral: 

Got to say, I dislike how busy and cluttered this forum is now. I almost miss the gentle quiet it had pre DR. 
This topic seems still rather quiet. Not much to gossip about though. Maybe how the final game would look. Hoping for improvements for the menu as well. It would be cool to know if they would even consider to put in the little things. 

They consider everything mate. If they didn't, this game would not exist in it's current form, it would have been an extention of the DiRT/DiRT2/DiRT3,DiRT Showdown formula they used before

Boy oh boy, I log out of the forum in affect about a week ago and now look what has happened. In a way it's cool. Shows the support for the title. Now if someone could please dig up some gossip on console relase that would be great! 

Otherwise I'll be playing Project Cars, and watching you jealously from afar! 

Is there media showing it anywhere or is it just people who got to go to Codies that have seen it? 

Just us lucky few, but it shouldn't be too long before you see something, plus there's pikes peak to enjoy in the meantime!

austinb said:

Is there media showing it anywhere or is it just people who got to go to Codies that have seen it? 
Only the ones that had the privilege to visit Codemasters.  

i appreciate your dedication to the cause, where many of us had lost hope

Well, I'm still (trying very hard to remain) convinced that Safari will find its way into the game one way or another.

The fact that it's not on the Calendar/Timeline may seem to indicate that there's little to no chance of it happening, but in actuality, its absence is just a reference to the fact that the event is no longer on the WRC Calendar.

So, in the empty month of December, we'll be getting a surprise final update before the end of the year, after which DiRT team will decide whether or not to continue Early Access.

That update will have the safari rally - a wonderful contrast to Sweden/Winter Wonderland before it - where the heat will be through the roof and we'll get to smash our cars into donkeys and slide them into giraffes' legs.

789ifyz said:
Well, I'm still (trying very hard to remain) convinced that Safari will find its way into the game one way or another.

The fact that it's not on the Calendar/Timeline may seem to indicate that there's little to no chance of it happening, but in actuality, its absence is just a reference to the fact that the event is no longer on the WRC Calendar.

So, in the empty month of December, we'll be getting a surprise final update before the end of the year, after which DiRT team will decide whether or not to continue Early Access.

That update will have the safari rally - a wonderful contrast to Sweden/Winter Wonderland before it - where the heat will be through the roof and we'll get to smash our cars into donkeys and slide them into giraffes' legs.
Yes, why not. You may even want to borrow a hyena as co-driver if the co-driver was straightforward and wasn't humorous enough.  ^^

We all knew it would be coming ,but here's the closest thing so far to a confirmation of Splitscreen multiplayer. Unless that's already in the game and I just missed it somehow, but I think it's probably gonna be part of the pvp pack.

http://imgur.com/kHN1S0X

dotmartin said:
Boy oh boy, I log out of the forum in affect about a week ago and now look what has happened. In a way it's cool. Shows the support for the title. Now if someone could please dig up some gossip on console relase that would be great! 

Otherwise I'll be playing Project Cars, and watching you jealously from afar! 
There is no console release at the moment, Codemaster's will think about a console release at a later date.

That was some legendary Rally! That Ibiza was struggling extremely hard to top the FWD class. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dc_ZoBvTvSg

austinb said:
i appreciate your dedication to the cause, where many of us had lost hope
Many of us were willing to go down with the ship, luckily @justbiglee bailed water quick enough to keep up and finally corked up the hole (April 27. 2015)

we uncorked the campaign!

Hello everyone!

I'm finally back from a holiday, which was meant to be relaxing (it actually was), but I kept on wishing I could play DiRT Rally! :D Yesterday, I only had enough time to download the files and now I have to endure more hours at work...

Anyways, I'm so glad the game went down so well and that there's a much bigger community now giving feedback and ideas. I do agree though that it is very hard to follow and not all posts make sense...

I still intend to create a post with my impressions from my visits to Codies and how the game feels now.

It will be very interesting to see whether community feedback will spark development of new features. Lee, Paul & Co often reply 'if community asks for it' - I wonder how much asking will be enough :)

The next few months will be very exciting: fixes and improvements, Pikes Peak track and possibly cars, RX mode and PVP multiplayer

The trouble I have is that now I'll have GTA V, Project CARS and Witcher 3 to play... DiRT Rally it is then.

WTF! I just had to go to the second page to find the gossip thread - this isn't right. 

Glad to hear you're back MVB, we'll do that "I've been trolling you for the last 2 years AMA" soon if you like?

WTF! I just had to go to the second page to find the gossip thread - this isn't right. 

Glad to hear you're back MVB, we'll do that "I've been trolling you for the last 2 years AMA" soon if you like?
That's because we're being over run by threads asking for the same things. 

I'm doing some tidying up on the borads today to hopefully sort it out. If you see people posting in the wrong area if you could point them in the right direction that would really help me out. The new guys will get used to it soon :)

Suggestion box > http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/6034/community-the-dirt-rally-suggestion-box

Bug reporting > http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/5755/dirt-rally-how-to-report-a-bug

just drop them either of those links and either myself of @SkiddyMcCrash will be along to tidy up.

It happens when a new game comes out, the same happened with DiRT 3 and the F1 forum is a mess as well.