F1 2020 | KNOWN KEY ISSUES | READ ME!!! Read more... ×

DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

So I wonder whether we'll hear anything about the Rallycross mode at Lydden Hill? It would have been a perfect time and place to do it in my opinion.
Fully agree. Less than two weeks until we find out... (and Round 3 of the World Rallycross Championship in Belgium this weekend, can't wait!)

I've got the fox on camera - it's flying across the road in Wales, but it's definitely him, the DiRTyFastFox. I'm going to put in a suggestion for a mode straight from RBR: you can stop your car, get out with a rifle and shoot the fox for extra cash.
As a farmer, I'd fully like to see this implemented above any other feature.

*bump* - Gossip can't be this low on the forum

So I wonder whether we'll hear anything about the Rallycross mode at Lydden Hill? It would have been a perfect time and place to do it in my opinion.

And Pikes Peak is probably two weeks away - I'm still far away from going far into the career, I keep on restarting too frequently...

I've got the fox on camera - it's flying across the road in Wales, but it's definitely him, the DiRTyFastFox. I'm going to put in a suggestion for a mode straight from RBR: you can stop your car, get out with a rifle and shoot the fox for extra cash.
Half of career is just finishing the stages. Then the other half is doing it without crashing or going off. I was so concerned about good times early on, that I would reset any time something bad happened. After I started just finishing stages, the doing them at a medium pace, I became better at donig them quickly.

Slashess said:
This video of Seb Loeb Rally Evo has a quick clip of their version of Pikes Peak at the end (I believe)... looking forward to seeing how the DiRT Rally version compares!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3GBjFtaz0g

FALL 2015 - It should be FAIL 2015 , look at Daniel Elena flag  :D

Hahaha! It turns out that Daniel Elena is my countryman! :D
LOLZ :D 

It will surely fall on those who consider it as a rally sim. 
What do you know about it?
Why will we fall? (Those people how think that will be a RallySim)

I hope a diferent game, for ones and others, for people just wana play a pair of stages and for people who wants a hardcore playing and much real and very difficult (as a Sim).

A game you can module at your own way to play, from Arcade to Simulation... I hope this, and I want not to fall...

MBColin said:
It will surely fall on those who consider it as a rally sim. 
What do you know about it?
Why will we fall? (Those people how think that will be a RallySim)

I hope a diferent game, for ones and others, for people just wana play a pair of stages and for people who wants a hardcore playing and much real and very difficult (as a Sim).

A game you can module at your own way to play, from Arcade to Simulation... I hope this, and I want not to fall...
+1

More rally can't be a bad thing :) sim or arcade.

Although with around 60 hours in WRC4.... and around 90 hours in DiRT Rally already!

I'm obviously going to have my favourites ;) 

justbiglee said:

Will the orange DiRT Rally notebooks be available for order? :)

I suggested that we should be selling stuff like this on our Codemasters Store rather than copies of the games, maybe one day. Those of you who got your name in the credits will all be getting a swag bundle as soon as I can find the time to sort it all out. 

I agree with @justbiglee on this, I don't see why they would sell copies of the games there, while they are sold on Steam as well. Also it's not clear whether you'll just be buying a Steam key, or it's a DRM free copy of the game, which I can't imagine since multiplayer etc. is handled by Steam.

And thanks a lot for getting us those awesome swag bundles, I'll stop nagging on twitter to make them available for purchase, as long as we get some I don't mind keeping them collectors items :wink: 

WRC driver in da house! 

https://instagram.com/p/2s9Y-6nwxt/

https://twitter.com/dirtgame/status/599206335981453314

It seems that Hyundai WRC driver Kevin Abbring has developed more than a passing interest in DiRT Rally and the need to smash everyone on Dailies... When in the Road Book they guys have mentioned that they'd like some rally drivers to come in and give feedback I didn't think it'd be so soon and with a top driver.
Kevin just returned from Poland from Hyundai's tests so he'll have the fresh feeling in him :)   (but hopefully not to much vodka influence...)

Hopefully, he gave positive feedback on the revised FFB, but if wasn't all positive I'm sure the notes will be invaluable to the team. 

That's the news I want to ear.

"Invaluable notes" Ouww Yeahhh...!
Codies you'd to put your 6th gear on it and flat out for a better FFB.

Thanks so much!

As gobsmacking as DiRT tally is, I miss the excitement of Lee's tweets and this thread speculating wild things. I'm (kinda) joking, DiRT rally is fantastic, Lee do you mind filling your twitter up with random numbers and hash tags so we can try and get a bit of dirty goss out of them? See of we can somehow work out that a Reliant Robin is being added from "13:07.34 #dirtonmycarswindshield"?

TDDB said:
As gobsmacking as DiRT tally is, I miss the excitement of Lee's tweets and this thread speculating wild things. I'm (kinda) joking, DiRT rally is fantastic, Lee do you mind filling your twitter up with random numbers and hash tags so we can try and get a bit of dirty goss out of them? See of we can somehow work out that a Reliant Robin is being added from "13:07.34 #dirtonmycarswindshield"?

GOBSMAKING???? you say...

I think I saw the fox in the dark last night in Wales. There were two eyes gleaming then the head turned and there was a streak across the screen as it ran off. It all happened pretty quick, but I'm convinced its real.

I still haven't seen the giraffe in Dirt 3 though.

Sim-cryptozoology is turning out to be one of my favorite subjects.

I've seen the fox run across the road in Wales a couple of times. I think it depends on your graphic settings, because I've only seen it when my gfx were set to Ultra

It is just me, or does we need to do a fan-made trailer of DiRT Rally with Colin Mcrae Rally 3 theme ? (Yes I actually bought that album)

RookieOne said:
It is just me, or does we need to do a fan-made trailer of DiRT Rally with Colin Mcrae Rally 3 theme ? (Yes I actually bought that album)
CMR3 theme is amazing, I sometimes play it in the background when playing DR or RBR!