DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

Becsy replied to this mornings post from Paul on twitter. WRC 8 confirmed! ;-) 

Don’t forget group A too - I’d definitely prefer a DiRT Rally 2 style game where Codemasters can really let loose than a probably too restrained title because it’s got to appease the WRC promotor

Jack4688 said:
Don’t forget group A too - I’d definitely prefer a DiRT Rally 2 style game where Codemasters can really let loose than a probably too restrained title because it’s got to appease the WRC promotor
I always had that impression from Codemasters. That they didn't want to be restrained by a strict license. I'm starting not to be so sure about that now.

Jack4688 said:
I always had that impression from Codemasters. That they didn't want to be restrained by a strict license. I'm starting not to be so sure about that now.
Me too. But what happens when a company that doesn't want to be restricted by licences starts to be restricted because it doesn't have a licence?

carpa said:
Me too. But what happens when a company that doesn't want to be restricted by licences starts to be restricted because it doesn't have a licence?

Wow that really blew my mind. Who knows? My guess is we're about to find out. 

carpa said:
Jack4688 said:
You mean like, I don't know, struggling to get WRC cars in (even if old) or not being able to use real stages anymore, like they did in DiRT Rally?

Real WRC stages - there’s plenty of characterful rally stages that can be chosen from to do something similar to DiRT Rally which aren’t associated with the WRC

yeah look at Semetin, Liptakov etc for AC ................now those stages ,even though not super high res and detailed ,are sweet and offer lot of diversity in driving surfaces,character 

Just do a classic WRC season from the 80s and 90s -- a real safari rally with mud and washes, and Australia with mineshaft stage.  I think enough has changed since then that licenses are not a problem.

Mineshaft is from Rally of Canberra so definitely no problem with a WRC licence there! Also, a Wales-England-Scotland style RAC Rally and a mixed-surface Rallye Sanremo would both go down well

Actually, I would really like the ERC licensed game. There are so many great stages there, like Barum, or Azores and this year Rally Poland. I would love Codies getting this license, but probably this won't happen

If they were going to go for a licenced game I’d like to see them go for individual rallies much like how RBR had Pirelli International Rally, Rally Hokkaidō etc. - it gives them the freedom to make up an imaginary but well balanced ‘world series’ or whatever, bit still with a sense of realism to the events. Under those circumstances my personal picks would be Azores Rally (the volcano stage), Killarney Rally of The Lakes (Moll’s Gap) and Rally Whangarei (pretty much anything with huge camber!)

Jack4688 said:
If they were going to go for a licenced game I’d like to see them go for individual rallies much like how RBR had Pirelli International Rally, Rally Hokkaidō etc. - it gives them the freedom to make up an imaginary but well balanced ‘world series’ or whatever, bit still with a sense of realism to the events. Under those circumstances my personal picks would be Azores Rally (the volcano stage), Killarney Rally of The Lakes (Moll’s Gap) and Rally Whangarei (pretty much anything with huge camber!)
RBR had Arctic Lapland Rally too which would be a fantastic winter rally due to the stages being very fast.

An ERC licensed game with R5 cars would be astonishing...Those R5 cars are more fun than the WRC ones!

Or a completely different rally game with licensed Group R cars! 

Jepsertti said:
Jack4688 said:
RBR had Arctic Lapland Rally too which would be a fantastic winter rally due to the stages being very fast.
Did they use real stages aswell?

As far as I’m aware the only true to life part was the big drop from the Mineshaft stage of Rally of Canberra, everything else was an approximation of the stages from the six rallies represented in the game.

But it still feels like more unique miles of stages in RBR compared to recent rally games, even if you don’t download the RSRBR mod - which has scores of extra stages, some of which are real.

One thing that's being thrown around now, and I would actually like to see it, would be a game based of current national rally championships.
R2, R3, R4, R5, the lot.

Wait, wait! What about '60s and '70s cars for us old timers.I still love the Mini and the Fiat Abarth.

No one have any good gossip now? How about any fun dinner? Kebabs? Pizza? Cookies? Quetzalcoatl?
I saw a Gordon Ramsey video where he makes a "cheap" meal using lamb. I wish I was close to somewhere with cheap lamb like that.

I like everything food! The world is full of good food from every corner. I miss living somewhere were you could pick up some fresh Ahi Tuna and eat some Poke (po-kay).

JZStudios said:
No one have any good gossip now? How about any fun dinner? Kebabs? Pizza? Cookies? Quetzalcoatl?
I'm pretty damn sure that's an old Aztec divinity, a feathered serpent to be precise. I'm wondering if it would taste better with baked potato, chips or maybe in a hambuger...
Or maybe fried, because everything tastes good when fried.

lamb sucks ,too gamey  for me .Vegetables is where its at.LOL 
Mmm, I don't know, I've had some lamb recently that was pretty darn sweet. Certainly wouldn't trade it for veggie tables.

Sweet Lamb is so good :)