DIRT 5 - Chat about the game and get support here. Read more... ×

DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

Darhour said:
I would rather go on with a thorough conclusion that DiRT Rally and DiRT 4 are as good as they are immaculate with no further DLCs so this microtransactions policy wouldnt demonise the company's credibility and genuine ambitions.. 

Expectations for GRID are very low at the moment so no serious planning has ever been considered since the release of DLCs for post-Autosport.

Not all DLCs are microtransactions to buy new liveries. There are also good DLCs which include new actual and interesting content to the game, for a sort of resonable price. Companies do DLCs because they work for them but this doesn't mean that all of them are useless...
For example a DiRT good dlc would be
- new location
- 5 new cars
at between 5 and 10 € depending on the importance of the licences

I think we can affirm, with a high degree of certainty, that DiRT Rally and DiRT 4 have both been retired from active support. The time for DLCs has come and gone. I would like to see them happen but, realistically, the team must have moved on.

As for GRID, no. Already explained why: competition, market view of the game etc.

I think we can affirm, with a high degree of certainty, that DiRT Rally and DiRT 4 have both been retired from active support. The time for DLCs has come and gone. I would like to see them happen but, realistically, the team must have moved on.

As for GRID, no. Already explained why: competition, market view of the game etc.
The thing is simple...
Always there is place for a real good game dude B)

The thing is simple...
The thing is simple...
You can make a good game all you want. It won't change the fact that many other, just as good or better, games are out there and that you're trying to reach an audience that has, pretty much, already made their choice. This means, less money for you as a company.

Let me put to rest your "but GRID is more arcade and therefore has unique appeal" argument.

At its core, GRID is a more arcade game than its competitors. However, it still aims to provide a semi-realistic experience, with real cars, real locations and real disciplines. Even if the physics cannot be directly compared, the car roster, the track roster, the graphics, the gameplay value, all those can and will be directly compared. And let's be honest here, GRID doesn't do, any of the forementioned, particularly better than the other games out there. In fact, many of those more realistic sims, allow you to add on layer after layer of assists to get the ease of playing a GRID game. Let me put it to you in a simpler way: lauching a GRID game now would be like trying to have your voice heard in the middle of the New York stock exchange, where there are many others shouting just as loud. You might still be heard, but not by many, and investment must be made with some guarantee of return. Right now, the crowd they could reach, would not be enough to justify the investment required to make a worthy sequel to the previous games.

The thing is simple...
If there is so much interest in Grid, why are you having to post about Grid in the Dirt thread ?

So basically GRID or any other similar game of the same arcadey and semi-realistic mechanisms can be shaped and tweaked in one of the most competitive sim racing games available on the market. For example, you can play GRID or TOCA in Assetto Corsa with assists on and a few more tweaks on the gamepad and it would turn out far better than any arcadey or simcad title.. You can play your own game then.

I guess any further discussion about GRID or TOCA would be a headache because the current sim titles would tear these titles apart.

carpa said:
Darhour said:
I would rather go on with a thorough conclusion that DiRT Rally and DiRT 4 are as good as they are immaculate with no further DLCs so this microtransactions policy wouldnt demonise the company's credibility and genuine ambitions.. 

Expectations for GRID are very low at the moment so no serious planning has ever been considered since the release of DLCs for post-Autosport.

Not all DLCs are microtransactions to buy new liveries. There are also good DLCs which include new actual and interesting content to the game, for a sort of resonable price. Companies do DLCs because they work for them but this doesn't mean that all of them are useless...
- new location
- 5 new cars
The thing with DLC's I don't like is when people snoop around in the games launch code and find remnants of the DLC that they cut out of the game to sell back to you later. I don't mind DLC as a whole, but if it's content that couldn't be finished on time, release it for free later. If it's wholly new content, (Or in the case of something like the Porsche packs in the older Forza series that needed a huge check to EA) then paid DLC is fine.
Paying more for cut content is ludicrous.

Ok relax "dirty" boys i will not speak again here for Grid or any other tarmac game if it is so annoying to you..
Its not my desire or yours that will show next CM game but just the time... o:)

JZStudios said:
carpa said:
Darhour said:

- new location
- 5 new cars
The thing with DLC's I don't like is when people snoop around in the games launch code and find remnants of the DLC that they cut out of the game to sell back to you later. I don't mind DLC as a whole, but if it's content that couldn't be finished on time, release it for free later. If it's wholly new content, (Or in the case of something like the Porsche packs in the older Forza series that needed a huge check to EA) then paid DLC is fine.
To give the developer side of it, content gets cut all the time because we always dream of reaching the stars.  As time goes on we are not able to get everything we wanted in.  Bits get dropped.  It might get dropped when 95% complete or it might get dropped when it was still just a placeholder.  Sometimes it is not cut content you are seeing, but planned DLC.  When making a game you want to make sure that the DLC in the future will work and there will not be problems trying to load it, you leave hooks that work with test DLC.

As for charging for it later, a large amount of time needs to go into finishing the content that was cut.  Business reasons say to charge for it, it is consuming at least a few hundred hours of people working.  To do an "it's not the same", I don't get to go to the cinema when the Blu-Ray comes out and demand they let me see extended scenes, directors commentary and bloopers for free.

I thought this was a place for any DiRTy gossip. I am so glad now that I did not post that photo of myself on here.  ;) Speaking of gossip, do you guys think Codemasters will release a new Overlord game anytime soon :D ?

Ever get the feeling theirs an Oriental Spam bombardment coming??

Look at the ‘Members Online’ section 

KevM said:

Oh yeah. I see what you mean.

"Squad leaders, we've picked up a new group of signals: enemy spammers coming your way."

KevM said:

"Squad leaders, we've picked up a new group of signals: enemy spammers coming your way."
DiRTy Squadron you may take off anytime you want

carpa said:
KevM said:

DiRTy Squadron you may take off anytime you want

Rules of engagement: do not fire unless fired upon. If fired upon, weapons free.

CMMcBabe said:
JZStudios said:
carpa said:
Darhour said:

- new location
- 5 new cars
To give the developer side of it, content gets cut all the time because we always dream of reaching the stars.  As time goes on we are not able to get everything we wanted in.  Bits get dropped.  It might get dropped when 95% complete or it might get dropped when it was still just a placeholder.  Sometimes it is not cut content you are seeing, but planned DLC.  When making a game you want to make sure that the DLC in the future will work and there will not be problems trying to load it, you leave hooks that work with test DLC.

As for charging for it later, a large amount of time needs to go into finishing the content that was cut.  Business reasons say to charge for it, it is consuming at least a few hundred hours of people working.  To do an "it's not the same", I don't get to go to the cinema when the Blu-Ray comes out and demand they let me see extended scenes, directors commentary and bloopers for free.
I don't think the Blu-Ray analogy really works there. You go to the theater for the big picture experience. Blu-Ray is for home viewing.
By that logic, the DLC free version should be in arcades, and the full release should be available at home for the base price. Almost every new Blu-Ray is ~$20, including commentary n such.

these whole CM Dirt forums are dead............................is there a better one ? Reddit Dirt Game has  a bit more pace .No news or any chime in again from anyone.
Calm before the storm , i hope !

these whole CM Dirt forums are dead............................is there a better one ? Reddit Dirt Game has  a bit more pace .No news or any chime in again from anyone.
Calm before the storm , i hope !
I don't think you even know what dead means.