DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

CMMcBabe said:
JZStudios said:
Julo264 said:
I read this article and got a big **** in my mind. Until it gets to the DiRT Rally part, it's critical but somehow in small percentage, accurate. But then author starts writing about DiRT Rally:

"It was before Christmas 2015, when a new rally sim, called Dirt: Rally, came out. However, the fans weren’t too excited. The range of tracks and cars was truly amazing, but the way the cars behaved wasn’t. Once again, the series tried and failed to produce a worthy successor of Richard Burns Rally. The physics model was cumbersome and with too much traction on all surfaces, the simulation didn’t feel very realistic.

And developers made it worse when they prevented players from modifying the cars’ behaviour. Instead of providing improved model of physics, they introduced more paid content, alienating the hardcore fans. Although the game was a lot of fun for less experienced players, the skilled ones could get bored quite soon. The unfulfilled potential was, in the end, even worse than if the game was really that bad by itself."

What. The. Hell

When did Dirt Rally get paid DLC?
Three months after the console versions came out there were the pre-order packs available for purchase.  I am not even sure if we released those on PC.
Okay, a light Googling says it was just unlocking fully upgraded cars though, so not really DLC just like... a booster pack?

JZStudios said:
CMMcBabe said:
JZStudios said:
Julo264 said:
I read this article and got a big **** in my mind. Until it gets to the DiRT Rally part, it's critical but somehow in small percentage, accurate. But then author starts writing about DiRT Rally:

"It was before Christmas 2015, when a new rally sim, called Dirt: Rally, came out. However, the fans weren’t too excited. The range of tracks and cars was truly amazing, but the way the cars behaved wasn’t. Once again, the series tried and failed to produce a worthy successor of Richard Burns Rally. The physics model was cumbersome and with too much traction on all surfaces, the simulation didn’t feel very realistic.

And developers made it worse when they prevented players from modifying the cars’ behaviour. Instead of providing improved model of physics, they introduced more paid content, alienating the hardcore fans. Although the game was a lot of fun for less experienced players, the skilled ones could get bored quite soon. The unfulfilled potential was, in the end, even worse than if the game was really that bad by itself."

What. The. Hell

When did Dirt Rally get paid DLC?
Three months after the console versions came out there were the pre-order packs available for purchase.  I am not even sure if we released those on PC.
Okay, a light Googling says it was just unlocking fully upgraded cars though, so not really DLC just like... a booster pack?
Pretty much.  It is DLC in that you pay some money and it downloads tiny files of content to make it work.  Not any major content.

Not much new, but Bigben made this statement on the V-Rally 4 steam forums  :

Hi there.
As you know, the Kylotonn Team has grown a lot in the past few years, even opening a second studio. They are able to handle different projects at the same time, but for 2018, let's celebrate the come-back of V-Rally 4. 
More information regarding any potential WRC sequel will be given at a later date.

Source here : https://steamcommunity.com/app/658700/discussions/0/1698293703768501966/

Accro2008 said:
Not much new, but Bigben made this statement on the V-Rally 4 steam forums  :

Hi there.
As you know, the Kylotonn Team has grown a lot in the past few years, even opening a second studio. They are able to handle different projects at the same time, but for 2018, let's celebrate the come-back of V-Rally 4. 
More information regarding any potential WRC sequel will be given at a later date.

Source here : https://steamcommunity.com/app/658700/discussions/0/1698293703768501966/
This was already posted here before. Kylotton and BigBen are not making a WRC game this year. Which is why they want your attention on V-Rally 4.

Julo264 said:

What. The. Hell

Pretty accurate as I recall.

"Too much grip!!1!" – Dirt forums, April 27, 2015 to June 5, 2017

"Dirt Rally was perfect!!11" – Dirt forums, June 6, 2017 to present

dwkGravey said:
Julo264 said:

What. The. Hell

The pshysics model is a really personal thing, but author of the article should be less emotional. And the whole thing about paid content is just purely ridiculous.

P.S I wouldn't compare comments from the begging of Early Access to comments after full game launch

Julo264 said:
dwkGravey said:
Julo264 said:

What. The. Hell

The pshysics model is a really personal thing, but author of the article should be less emotional. And the whole thing about paid content is just purely ridiculous.

P.S I wouldn't compare comments from the begging of Early Access to comments after full game launch
In the article it says before Christmas, so that was after Early Access, when the grip issue had already been fixed. Remember, the game itself launched in April

I thought this was a place for any DiRTy gossip. I am so glad now that I did not post that photo of myself on here.  ;) Speaking of gossip, do you guys think Codemasters will release a new Overlord game anytime soon :D ?
Is this a dig at us poor Overlord fans being completely neglected by Codemasters? :( 

It's kind of odd that they own the IP anyway considering they are all about car racing games. They should sell Overlord to a publisher more...suitable I guess. 

Vand3rz said:
I thought this was a place for any DiRTy gossip. I am so glad now that I did not post that photo of myself on here.  ;) Speaking of gossip, do you guys think Codemasters will release a new Overlord game anytime soon :D ?
Is this a dig at us poor Overlord fans being completely neglected by Codemasters? :( 

It's kind of odd that they own the IP anyway considering they are all about car racing games. They should sell Overlord to a publisher more...suitable I guess. 
I don’t know. I was just talking out of my butt.  :D I have never played an Overlord game.

What a bizarre article from Skoda. My memory could be hazy, but I seem to recall that there was actually a Skoda in the early preview version of DiRT 3, but it never appeared in the final version of the game due to licensing issues. 

(I await correction from @KickUp or another member of the CM team now!)

tbtstt said:
What a bizarre article from Skoda. My memory could be hazy, but I seem to recall that there was actually a Skoda in the early preview version of DiRT 3, but it never appeared in the final version of the game due to licensing issues. 

We had a Skoda built for the original DiRT but it never made the full game

That's a shame. I guess it was the Fabia WRC that was to be included? I really like that car.

Areyouben said:
Fabia S2000 probably.                   
DiRT came out in 2007 but the s2000 Fabia made its debut in 2009. So it's more likely that it was the WRC

KickUp said:
tbtstt said:

We had a Skoda built for the original DiRT but it never made the full game
I was close(ish).

Areyouben said:
Fabia S2000 probably.                   
DiRT came out in 2007 but the s2000 Fabia made its debut in 2009. So it's more likely that it was the WRC
It was the Fabia that Colin drove in the WRC

Vand3rz said:

DiRT 5: Tour de Skira

Overlord Rally Team for DiRT5 pls. Would make for a kickass livery 

Edit: The same goes for a Ravenwest Rally Team, and put S. Alvarez on it. Make him the final boss

Overlord Rally Team for DiRT5 pls. Would make for a kickass livery 

Edit: The same goes for a Ravenwest Rally Team, and put S. Alvarez on it. Make him the final boss
Yes including cat n mouse mode like Dirt 3 (cat will be the gramlins >:) :D and mouse the cute Gizmo :/ )

Infection mode form DiRT 3 would also be a fun return to pvp. I also love cat and mouse.
I had many, many hours of fun on car and mouse, capture the flag and infection with a group of friends. Solo capture the flag in private sessions, as well as four teams of two on cat and mouse were incredibly good fun

Speaking seriously i dont want to see infection and cat n mouse modes in any Dirt game by CM , that modes are for pure arcade games like Forza horizon , Gravel  On rush etc

Speaking seriously i dont want to see infection and cat n mouse modes in any Dirt game by CM , that modes are for pure arcade games like Forza horizon , Gravel  On rush etc
I bet you're a blast at parties.

JZStudios said:
Maybe he is, but I fully agree with him.

JZStudios said:
What do you mean?