DiRTy Gossip Thread

That was pretty damn cryptic! :D Love Ryan's car, drooled over it several times at the Festival of Speed.  

Is anyone from Codemasters going to be at the World Rallycross this weekend? Half a day of work to go... I am already far too excited!

tbtstt said:

That was pretty damn cryptic! :D Love Ryan's car, drooled over it several times at the Festival of Speed.  

Is anyone from Codemasters going to be at the World Rallycross this weekend? Half a day of work to go... I am already far too excited!

Not sure if anyone else is going. I can't make it this year. :(

KickUp said:
tbtstt said:

Not sure if anyone else is going. I can't make it this year. :(
Shame, its shaping up to be a hell of a weekend.

tbtstt said:

I've not seen anybody mention it so I don't think so. You should go and track down David Binks though, maybe he'll let something slip that he shouldn't

So... I'm just going to leave this here... 8-|

https://twitter.com/dirtgame/status/469896920086106113

Is it me or is there a wall full of rally car pics blurred out in the backround?
Is it just me or is there a blurred out strip next to the monitor?
Is it just me or is there a proper bushy beard in the photo?
Is it just me or is there my face in the photo frame?

Hmmm...

Hmmm...
Its Norwich City's fixtures for the season, didn't seem fair to inflict that kind of info on the world

So... I'm just going to leave this here... 8-|

https://twitter.com/dirtgame/status/469896920086106113

Is it me or is there a wall full of rally car pics blurred out in the backround?
Is it just me or is there a proper bushy beard in the photo?
Is it just me or is there my face in the photo frame?

Hmmm...
This has made my weekend! I have a video of someone stroking that epic beard. I think some sort of monetisation would need to be involved if you want to watch it.

Hmmm...
Its Norwich City's fixtures for the season, didn't seem fair to inflict that kind of info on the world
As an Ipswich Town fan - I approve of this

KickUp said:
This has made my weekend! I have a video of someone stroking that epic beard. I think some sort of monetisation would need to be involved if you want to watch it.

Hmmm...
As an Ipswich Town fan - I approve of this
The photo scandal also made my weekend! :D 

Now I need to think of some sort of a 'comeback' on @justbiglee ... 'TruFrame' MVB-style...

On another subject WorldRX is rolling onto UK island big style. @tbtstt you should definitely track down Mr Binks and make him spill the beans with no Codies around! :)

This photo is rather awesome... It would've been great if the next game had the 5 cars from the front row :)

https://twitter.com/RallycrossRX/status/469923977692213248

https://twitter.com/MrHarveyParker/status/470124910468419584
https://twitter.com/doc_griffiths/status/470143988226621440

https://twitter.com/jontucker1/statuses/470507507866415104

Now this is getting exciting..  Why would Codies need WRC tech docs?  This is not a hint, this is more like telling someone to get out of the way from that falling meteor! 

E3  -IS- just around the corner, so who knows.

gfRally said:

Now this is getting exciting..  Why would Codies need WRC tech docs?  This is not a hint, this is more like telling someone to get out of the way from that falling meteor! 

Jon is a Rally driver maybe he wants to look at the regs for WRC?

gfRally said:

Interesting interesting :)

I think there could be a number of reasons why Jon is looking for those and announcing that he is doing so on Twitter :)

I think it is fair to say that the next rally game would have some WRC cars in the game - even if it is not a full licence. I'm hoping that @JonTucker is doing some research for a game mode, which would make the player familiar with differences between categories and perhaps allowing him to run a team? (etc. joker parts) If not it always helps for the devs to be familiar with details of the cars.

Or maybe that tweet is a hint that Codies have secured more extensive WRC licence rights for the next game? Maybe the promoter got fed up with the Milestone efforts and wants the series to be better represented? Maybe... but I'd prefer if the WRC promoter focuses on better overall promotion of the series because they've been taking their time...

Recently I've looked up RX Supercar regulations and they were a bit of a mess with references to preceding regulations. Perhaps WRC regs are the same :/

@gfRally 
I'd be very suprised if Codies showed off the next rally game, but it would have been amazing if they did! If anything they'll announce and show some F1 next-gen gameplay, as that's the next game up for release as I see it.

(sorry for the font mess, I can't work the editing here...)

@MastaVonBlasta 
I know, I know... just stirring the pot a little.  Would @JonTucker be that obvious?  Or is that just to really throw us off our game <no pun>

@justbiglee @jontucker maybe all the participants on Big Lees DRC challenge could be beta testers for the new rally game, Just a thought :)

Looking at the recent tweets by the DiRTi development team it seems that the next rally game project is gaining pace! Maybe now that GRID AS is nearing release the troops are getting moved and next DiRT is taking shape :)

Mr @JonTucker appears to be very excited as wasn't able to stop thinking about work on Satuday and on a bank holiday:
https://twitter.com/jontucker1/status/469903745892249600
https://twitter.com/jontucker1/status/470938562591199232

Mr @KickUp was busy sending an invite out to Andrew Coley (World RX commentator) claiming he's got loads to show off!

Can't help but think that the devs are pleased with their progress. I still think it'll be a while before we've got the next game in our hands, but seeing the DiRTi devs so pumped is very promising :)

Would not be surprised if there is some kind of data collection going on (from the DRC), but most likely not actual in-game metrics. Just the mere fact that the hard core fans of the game are playing and giving feedback on the old game as well is probably valid "beta" test data. 

Or it's just a way of raising awareness of the series prior to what will be announced in a (hopefully) not so distant future! :)

Slightly off topic but are the dirti devs planning another test group day for this game like they did for GAS

Would be tempted to make the 6 hour drive for a look at this and give some feedback, could even be tempted to stay over night and go for a beer or 3 with justbiglee and the crew

:D

Evilsmurf said:

Slightly off topic but are the dirti devs planning another test group day for this game like they did for GAS

Would be tempted to make the 6 hour drive for a look at this and give some feedback, could even be tempted to stay over night and go for a beer or 3 with justbiglee and the crew

:D
I'd be fast alseep after 3 beers mate

How about we all come down to codies HQ, you can beat us on your top secret new game, and then we can beat you all at drinking in the pub later on? :P

That sounds like a plan @RallyDriven 

Don't Codemasters have their own on site pub too?

P.S @RallyDriven are you related to Joe Evett?

@Rallycameraman Yep, that would be my older brother! Currently fixing his MG after crashing on the Plains!

How about we all come down to codies HQ, you can beat us on your top secret new game, and then we can beat you all at drinking in the pub later on? :P
Throw in a scone with strawberry jam and I'm in! :)