DiRTy Gossip Thread

Been playing Autosport today and I forgot how good it was! Shame it was overlooked due to grid 2’s failures. The handling was a really good Ballance between sim and arcade, with some decent racing and tracks

bogani said:
dgeesi0 said:
grids were okay nothing on decent dirt titles though. one thing that always bugged me in many grid games some other codie games is the terrible UI. in all new titles please make it more simple.
Dirt Rally did this perfectly for me. No need for anything flash, just simple, clean and easy to use.
Agreed. I was actually disappointed when the replaced the aerial shots on the start screen with close ups of cars.

That said, a CMR 2.0 interface would be sweet. Clean yet stylish!
I preferred CM3 but everyone has a different opinion.  I like the immersive atmosphere of it, they got close in D4.  CM3 had a lot of people animations that where pretty good for the time.  The cars being worked on in the service area and the marshal at the time control area that walked up to the car, and the person doing the hand count too was a nice touch.  It makes for a nice backdrop, no need to a lot of interaction, maybe the car setup could be displayed a little more graphically too.

gfRally said:
Or this:

https://youtu.be/w9YluPOyXmg
when electric cars take over, this is all we will have left.
I mean... I still do this. You mean you don't when you're driving?

I have info (99%) @Kickup is moved to Ubisoft!?
edit: is that mean ubisoft got wrc licence?
EDIT2: the other 1 % is Nordeus :wink:

Rayman Rally confirmed!!!

Barely DiRTy Gossip, but I got invited to a track day last week. Few cars there that some of you might appreciate...

I would really like to see that model audi in a future title.  Not as exciting as the group B, but it won some rallys.

WOW nice shots !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I would have loved to see those cars
It was a brilliant day: I have been very fortunate to get an invite every year the event has run!
gfRally said:
I would really like to see that model audi in a future title.  Not as exciting as the group B, but it won some rallys.
In my opinion the Group 4 Audi Quattro is the most influential car in rallying: I'd say it's place in a game would be well deserved (though it would be hard to place it in a class)

tbtstt said:
It was a brilliant day: I have been very fortunate to get an invite every year the event has run!
gfRally said:
In my opinion the Group 4 Audi Quattro is the most influential car in rallying: I'd say it's place in a game would be well deserved (though it would be hard to place it in a class)
It would have to be in Group 4.... but you only unlock it after winning a championship in Group 4 cars in career mode, then when you blitz the RWD opposition in it in 2-3 rallies you unlock Group B in career mode...

er185 said:
Rayman Rally confirmed!!!
Rabbids Rally lol

Although The Crew 2 has Meeke's Citroen C3 (as Meeke won't be using it any more :-/)

I could see Paul doing some work on a rally expansion
Sorry to all, I was Wrong! Its more likley he joined Nordeus, a mobile game company in Serbia. (the mistake came from the fact that Ubisoft has company in Serbia too)

Jack4688 said:
tbtstt said:
gfRally said:
It would have to be in Group 4.... but you only unlock it after winning a championship in Group 4 cars in career mode, then when you blitz the RWD opposition in it in 2-3 rallies you unlock Group B in career mode...
That's a damn good way of doing it! Thrash all the Group 4 cars with it, then realise you need something quicker for Group B! 

Been playing Autosport today and I forgot how good it was! Shame it was overlooked due to grid 2’s failures. The handling was a really good Ballance between sim and arcade, with some decent racing and tracks
I prefer GRID 2 over Grid Autosport. Player taste can differ a lot. In a simulator, if you drive wrong, it should lead to oversteer, not understeer.

I particularly don't like how trail braking is simulated in games with sim handling in mind that I almost want to make fun of players who use this term, because that's not trail braking.

You don't use the brake to balance the weight transition while turning in, but more about bomb diving the corner while holding the brake pressure which is stupidly wrong. Basically sim handling turn in phase is always 100% to 0. In some case you hold the brake at 100% almost mid way of the entry phase. 

The niche group got so used to it, that braking will probably stay forever unrealistic.

In real life you wouldn't do that, because the car would spun out at the entry phase as it greatly upset the car balance. 

I could see Paul doing some work on a rally expansion
Sorry to all, I was Wrong! Its more likley he joined Nordeus, a mobile game company in Serbia. (the mistake came from the fact that Ubisoft has company in Serbia too)

Paul did post a pic of him moving house, but didn't think he was going to Serbia.

MrDeap said:
In a simulator, if you drive wrong, it should lead to oversteer, not understeer.
Why though? Like if you watch those rally crash videos, most of the crashes are because someone understeered and went off the track. Why would a sim be different? When you brake and turn at the same time, you're just gonna lock up your wheels and go straight, or if you're going too fast in a corner, again you're going to have understeer.
If you mash your gas in a slow corner, yes, you will have oversteer, but that's just one way of wrong driving

Didzis said:
MrDeap said:
In a simulator, if you drive wrong, it should lead to oversteer, not understeer.
Why though? Like if you watch those rally crash videos, most of the crashes are because someone understeered and went off the track. Why would a sim be different? When you brake and turn at the same time, you're just gonna lock up your wheels and go straight, or if you're going too fast in a corner, again you're going to have understeer.
If you mash your gas in a slow corner, yes, you will have oversteer, but that's just one way of wrong driving
Exactly what Didzis said.

For example the whole point of left-foot braking is to shift the weight balance around so you can control the car better while turning and left-foot braking has worked just as it should in most of the sims I've played. Also a well adjusted brake bias + brake pressure will make sure that exaggerated under-/oversteer situations won't happen under braking. Even car inertia alone makes sure that the car won't suddenly spin while braking and that's probably the reason why I have never experienced such behavior in a sim because car inertia is such an important factor that it should be very accurate in every top quality sim (except if half of the car is on grass and half of the car is on tarmac where the tarmac side with more grip will spin the car while braking; then that kind of spin can happen under braking).

Didzis said:
MrDeap said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FuQm5BiZjWE

I'm sure we all are waiting, but those who wait for something good does not wait in vain. I'm certain they will reveal something.

It's just a matter of when...

But in the meantime

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1k8craCGpgs

MrDeap said:
Didzis said:
MrDeap said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FuQm5BiZjWE

Not sure what your point was with that, but you can see a lot of examples both with understeer and oversteer there

It is a car setup preference. Usually the car is just set to understeer as that is kinda more preferable than spinning out in a fast corner. Useless to argue about, unless the sim's handling prevents you creating a setup where you oversteer when over the limit.