DiRTy Gossip Thread

Didzis said:
MrDeap said:
Didzis said:
MrDeap said:
In a simulator, if you drive wrong, it should lead to oversteer, not understeer.
Why though? Like if you watch those rally crash videos, most of the crashes are because someone understeered and went off the track. Why would a sim be different? When you brake and turn at the same time, you're just gonna lock up your wheels and go straight, or if you're going too fast in a corner, again you're going to have understeer.
If you mash your gas in a slow corner, yes, you will have oversteer, but that's just one way of wrong driving

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FuQm5BiZjWE

Not sure what your point was with that, but you can see a lot of examples both with understeer and oversteer there
There's more cases of losing it from trail braking oversteer completely lose it... or overcorrect...panic... use the brake button... plow straight

There's some case where the car understeer, but they don't slowly understeer like in sim does. The car just plow straight. The only way to get that slow understeer is by not braking , having the car balanced on longitudinal force with a tad bit of acceleration almost neutral & leave the tire give up while turning in. 

As soon as you use brake pressure getting front load, the steering is over responsive which make the car very twitchy at high speed, easy to oversteer & yaw easily. It's not something you will be willing to keep the brake pressure at 100% starting the entry phase with ABS turn the steering & the car still have response instead of just plowing straight. It's more about finding the right brake pressure to get the balance to not oversteer & yaw to quick.

I'm just pointing out that what you learn in racing game is not what trail braking should be.

Accro2008 Bogani  dirt 2  menu and grid 2 menu is best menu for me 
dirt 2 menu 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPGsGYahjd0
grid 2 menu 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LrFJ420Xbs&t=167s 

grid 2 UI system was horrible.dirt rally had it best of reccent games. simple works ! Dirt 3 wasnt great either. some things were actually hard to find through the menu system even after 100s of hrs of use.

just have a few boxes next screen after starting with the bare essentials. so many games make flashy ui yet it isnt user friendly.forget the looks.make it work as simple as possible in the least amount of clicks/time/effort . to do what you want.

https://youtu.be/t-dN5wivBGo

Dakar 18 September 11th 2018 release date. 

Graphics are ok but physics look bad.. But we have to watch some gameplay first..I would not bet my money on it though..

Graphics are ok but physics look bad.. But we have to watch some gameplay first..I would not bet my money on it though..
Yeah, I'm not expecting too much physics-wise. It's shaping up to be more of a navigational challenge rather than a sim. But that's OK, it's something different just like the Dakar is. 

As long as driving physics is bearable I'm fine with it being a navigation game. Hope we'll see more gameplay soon.

dgeesi0 said:
grid 2 UI system was horrible.dirt rally had it best of reccent games. simple works ! Dirt 3 wasnt great either. some things were actually hard to find through the menu system even after 100s of hrs of use.

just have a few boxes next screen after starting with the bare essentials. so many games make flashy ui yet it isnt user friendly.forget the looks.make it work as simple as possible in the least amount of clicks/time/effort . to do what you want.

I'd say having a pretty UI is a good thing. I don't see how Grid 2 and DiRT 3 have bad UIs, they're just regular UIs with transitions between menus. If something is hard to find, then the problem comes from the menu layout, not the stylized UI.

dgeesi0  lol on grid 2 and dirt 2 the menu was very easy to use and the menu of dirt 3 was very ugly with horrible triangles

no grid 2 could never get to where i wanted. or could but just not as simple as i wanted. thats the problem with most ui in modern games. often have to do 3 things extra just because it needs to be edgy or artistic. just make it work !

one button = wheel settings.
one button = graphics.
one button = sound.

dgeesi0 lol the presentation of a menu has nothing to do with the gameplay
watch dirt 4 they put a simple menu i love the system of generating tracks but the gameplay is bad and stop talking about steering wheel settings and graphics. lower the return of force and vibrations and the rotation of the steering wheel to lose the real reaction of the car or increase the brightness and contrast to see in the dark as if it is made day .lol "huge joke"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLqN8-2u4MQ

Not sure what to say about this, since these numbers have been debated before, but its interesting to see where the games fall in the PC Master Race side.

These are 'leaked' numbers from steams player base numbers:

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2018/07/steam-data-leak-reveals-precise-player-count-for-thousands-of-games/

Thats the source, here are the parts that we are interested in:

TITLE          PLAYER ESTIMATE     STEAM APP ID
DiRT Rally    1,073,123                           310560
DiRT 4          270,550                              421020

That is quite an offset.  I never looked for D4 to fail or anything, but I am happy to see DR on top.

gfRally I play dirt 4 and dirt rally. dirt 4 for the system of generated tracks and dirt rally for the gameplay but the 2 games are boring, not many countries and content personally I'm waiting V-rally 4, it will show me new countries  and for your stats me I know some players because the systems generated tracks are too difficult for them and yet for me there are not many blocks of turns and I want to be more new turn with more precision in the notes of co-driver

PC gamers have such a bad taste in general. How can they buy Mad Max over METAL GEAR SOLID V: THE PHANTOM PAIN?

Yeah I'm a 100% PC gamer, but used to play all platform.

MrDeap said:
PC gamers have such a bad taste in general. How can they buy Mad Max over METAL GEAR SOLID V: THE PHANTOM PAIN?

Mad Max and MGS are VERY different games though...

JZStudios said:
MrDeap said:

Mad Max and MGS are VERY different games though...
Mad Max is pretty enjoyable as well!

(though I still agree, as the MGS series is probably my favourite gaming franchise of all time) 

gfRally said:
Not sure what to say about this, since these numbers have been debated before, but its interesting to see where the games fall in the PC Master Race side.

These are 'leaked' numbers from steams player base numbers:

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2018/07/steam-data-leak-reveals-precise-player-count-for-thousands-of-games/

Thats the source, here are the parts that we are interested in:

TITLE          PLAYER ESTIMATE     STEAM APP ID
DiRT Rally    1,073,123                           310560
DiRT 4          270,550                              421020

That is quite an offset.  I never looked for D4 to fail or anything, but I am happy to see DR on top.
Rally has had some free weekends, these will mean that the number of "players" is different to the number of "owners".  Take the numbers with some salt. 

MrDeap said:

So if somebody does not share your taste in games, they automatically have bad taste? I like this logic.

Man, how can you like metal snake solid. That is such a bad game. You have such poor taste.

I suppose @Porkhammer learned something new. o:) 

EDIT: Seriously, Metal Gear series is in another league. 

Accro2008 said:
@CMMcBabe

Meme is 31 characters too short
Alright, I'll be honest. I haven't played CMR 2.0 and as such have zero nostalgia for it and...
That box art and it's entire underlying menu system based off of an ugly single color is awful. I don't know why you all like it so much.

JZStudios said:
Accro2008 said:
@CMMcBabe

Alright, I'll be honest. I haven't played CMR 2.0 and as such have zero nostalgia for it and...
That box art and it's entire underlying menu system based off of an ugly single color is awful. I don't know why you all like it so much.
#BecauseNostalgia

JZStudios said:
Accro2008 said:
@CMMcBabe

*This* close to reporting this :P
CMR2.0 is an absolute masterpiece of its time. Still play it on occasion. 

edgenz said:
CMR2.0 is an absolute masterpiece of its time. Still play it on occasion. 
Last rally game I remember with actual thunderstorms in it.

i prefered 2.0 to the original.