DiRTy Gossip Thread

But (for my feeling) apperently SMS can get quite easy licenses for cars and tracks for the pCARS game, compared to Codemasters. Or do they have a bigger team to do things, or they rush things more (and more bugs), a bigger name with pCARS, etc. Though the point is they have a lot more content in a game compared to DiRT4. Codemasters got the Fia WRX license, but in DiRT 4 not all cars were there, not all tracks, while the cars and tracks were even from the previous season (game released in summer 2017, while the WRX content was from 2016). 

Imo, if you have the Fia WRX license, you should have most of the season entries in it and all tracks. If you not can provide that, than maybe it is better not to have the license, and just have a mix of WRX, GRC and other series tracks and cars. 

Sorry that almost all my posts go about Rallycross

Surprised that nobody has asked Kylotonn if they are planning on DLC.  Maybe that’s where the Audi and Subaru models are hiding.

cjr3559 said:
Surprised that nobody has asked Kylotonn if they are planning on DLC.  Maybe that’s where the Audi and Subaru models are hiding.
If they had the majority of Subaru rally cars licensed then thats fine but a little dumb to not have any in base product unless they would release 1 or 2 free before as a taste of what could be bought.  I don’t mind DLC that expands content over the year from a games first release.  Just don’t go loot-crate-stupid-greedy with it.  This is for everyone CM and anyone else.

dgeesi0 said:
hope he does well. that company is a joke though.

V rally 4 looks like a driving game from a nightmare made real. :s
In the way they're progressing & how they build the series... They're doing pretty good. I didn't buy nor really tried Pcars 2, but they fixed many things wrong. You never know what may happen. Look at how Codemaster improved F1 2018.

Project CARS 2 is excellent, they really did a good job of listening to feedback from the first one IMO. I say that as someone who prefers other titles (Raceroom, AC) because of the mess they've made (IMO) of single player game modes, but the game is a marked improvement over the first.

They have made several murmurs about wanting to do a 'loose surface' dedicated game in future, but never anything concrete. I'd be surprised if they limited themselves to just modern WRC content though, if they actually went ahead with it.

PC2 is really nice. I actually prefer it over AC because coming from rally sim background I want some weather randomness, season changes are also a really nice touch. ATM I am too busy to drive, but I had tons of fun driving Formula C, Monaco was so much fun!

PC2 is good but not excellent. The graphics are to 'clean' what makes it slightly a computurized view. And still the car behaviour is very wrong when you hit another car. For instance in rallycross that is annoying if you can't go wheelbanging.

Good but not as good as dirt rally.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hr8jrTxa3ng

Can someone fill me in on who he is?    
He is the game director of the WRC titles on PS2, the motorstorm games and the latest driveclub and onrush titles.

Caption says ”Sainz, Loeb and McRae, 2003.”. That’s the year that Solberg became WRC champion. And in that year Phil Mills was his co-driver, the Phil Mills who visited Codies a few weeks back to work on co-driver stuff for a new unanounced Rally game.

My “Solberg: The Game” theory intensifies! :smiley:

P308R said:
cjr3559 said:
So far the only DLC that is showing up is the season pass DLC (4 cars). No answer if more will come.

edit...
Random Tweet or did they just announce Dirt Rally Legends ?

https://twitter.com/dirtgame/status/1034786544396259329
As a name, I think it would be too similar to DiRT Rally: Legend Edition which was the special edition for the console launch. A hint to the fact they finally figured out licensing with Citroën? Maybe? Hopefully? 

Or or maybe, wild theory here, they saw a cool photo and wanted to share it
Nope. Impossible. Implausible. Unbelievable. How did you even come up with this idea...

I think we all know that's the simplest answer. But being in the Gossip Thread, I simply refuse it :D

carpa said:
Or or maybe, wild theory here, they saw a cool photo and wanted to share it
Nope. Impossible. Implausible. Unbelievable. How did you even come up with this idea...

I think we all know that's the simplest answer. But being in the Gossip Thread, I simply refuse it :D
All your theories are wrong. Loeb is in the center, so they are developing Sebastien Loeb Rally Evo II.

Or, new theory adjusted for gossip thread, it is a tease, but it’s not dirt rally: legends, it’s just ‘DiRT: Legends’

Everyone remember this for next month when we find out

I must say, ‘DiRT: Legends’ sounds good :) on the other side, with also modern content the title might be a bit off.

DIRT: Legends  B) I like it! a lot!

Many legends are still racing so content wise (machinery) could be classics and modern stuff. I even prefer they don't have any official WRC -license but can simply create a game packed with content covering the history of rally legends.

Instead of “make headlines” it will be “become a legend”.... or “make things very dirty like a legend as you will have a team that cleans your car”