Jump to content

DiRTy Gossip Thread

Recommended Posts

Ooo that is interesting. Could point to the legends thing. Please be DiRT Rally based!
I think Oliver Solberg also helped them tune the physics for DiRT 4.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I have made a full recovery from the rick roll debacle so I'm ready, choo chooo! Ooh and don't forget it's the SimRacing Expo this weekend as well (starts today) so an apology in the form of some news or a teaser would be more than welcome. :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Well I understand he helped with the Rx. Which I very much enjoyed in D4. I just found the rally aspect a bit rubbish. I admire the ambition but for me DR was leagues ahead in all areas of the rally genre. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Well I understand he helped with the Rx. Which I very much enjoyed in D4. I just found the rally aspect a bit rubbish. I admire the ambition but for me DR was leagues ahead in all areas of the rally genre. 
With some small tweaks to the DiRT 4 parameters it would have beaten DiRT Rally hands down. There were some small things, especially with the older RWD cars, that weren't perfectly dialed in and those things had quite a big impact on the feel of it all.

RX proves that the physics engine is good. But having a good physics engine doesn't mean that all cars drive perfectly out of the box. You also need a lot of data so you can configure the cars the right way and extract everything from the physics. But I'm confident that Codies have learned a lot from it. If they can collect data as well as they can troll us they'll have something nice cooking for sure! :#

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Oscar97 said:
Ooo that is interesting. Could point to the legends thing. Please be DiRT Rally based!
I think Oliver Solberg also helped them tune the physics for DiRT 4.
Yeah I believe he helped with rx and cross karts, maybe some other stuff too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hints and mentions of rally drivers last few weeks:
  • Colin McRae
  • Petter Solberg
  • Oliver Solberg
  • Carlos Sainz
  • Sébastien Loeb
  • Phil Mills (co)

The tweet of today shows Oliver Solberg taking pictures from McRae and Sollberg. Games used to be known as CMR or Colin McRae Rally. To catch up with younger audience and refresh the series, Petter Solberg is taking over the name in the game. This could mean we actually get a title that hasn't any mention of Dirt or Dirt Rally but probably sooner PSR or Petter Solberg Rally.

Just figuring out how those other drivers can be related to the game and how the cypher can reveal more....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Areyouben said:
Well I understand he helped with the Rx. Which I very much enjoyed in D4. I just found the rally aspect a bit rubbish. I admire the ambition but for me DR was leagues ahead in all areas of the rally genre. 
With some small tweaks to the DiRT 4 parameters it would have beaten DiRT Rally hands down. There were some small things, especially with the older RWD cars, that weren't perfectly dialed in and those things had quite a big impact on the feel of it all.

RX proves that the physics engine is good. But having a good physics engine doesn't mean that all cars drive perfectly out of the box. You also need a lot of data so you can configure the cars the right way and extract everything from the physics. But I'm confident that Codies have learned a lot from it. If they can collect data as well as they can troll us they'll have something nice cooking for sure! :#
It wasn't the handling I had such a problem with though I did prefer DR handling too. But the stages looked horrible in D4 for me and lacked detail and complexity of DR's stages. Felt like a backward step. That said I'm sure Codies have a plan of action  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I dont think Solberg is successful enough to get a game on his name, I prefer DiRT Legends
Well he has pretty much the same success stats that Colin McRae had, but over half as long rally career. But I personally think Legends would be a great name, Petter might not be the household name that Colin was.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Solberg was actually asked to take over the DiRT series after mcrae, but he had a contract elsewhere. It’s interesting to think what sort of direction they would have gone if that actually happened.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
gfRally said:
3:30 pm in UK maybe we’ve been trolled again.
Yeah, it does seem rather late for an announcement. I guess there is still a (perhaps unlikely) chance that CM will post a trailer last thing on a Friday and let us all have a meltdown over the weekend. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
P308R said:
Hints and mentions of rally drivers last few weeks:
  • Colin McRae
  • Petter Solberg
  • Oliver Solberg
  • Carlos Sainz
  • Sébastien Loeb
  • Pete Mills (co)

The tweet of today shows Oliver Solberg taking pictures from McRae and Sollberg. Games used to be known as CMR or Colin McRae Rally. To catch up with younger audience and refresh the series, Petter Solberg is taking over the name in the game. This could mean we actually get a title that hasn't any mention of Dirt or Dirt Rally but probably sooner PSR or Petter Solberg Rally.

Just figuring out how those other drivers can be related to the game and how the cypher can reveal more....
Phil Mills you mean?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
tbtstt said:
gfRally said:
3:30 pm in UK maybe we’ve been trolled again.
Yeah, it does seem rather late for an announcement. I guess there is still a (perhaps unlikely) chance that CM will post a trailer last thing on a Friday and let us all have a meltdown over the weekend. 
1pm this Monday or the one after, trust me, DiRT Legends will be announced then.

I have been wondering for a while a way to work Solberg’s name into a DiRT title, but I couldn’t come up with anything that sounds good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1pm this Monday or the one after, trust me, DiRT Legends will be announced then.

Steady on @RallyDriven, you are starting to sound a bit like @CodingRacer there. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
tbtstt said:
gfRally said:
3:30 pm in UK maybe we’ve been trolled again.
Yeah, it does seem rather late for an announcement. I guess there is still a (perhaps unlikely) chance that CM will post a trailer last thing on a Friday and let us all have a meltdown over the weekend. 
1pm this Monday or the one after, trust me, DiRT Legends will be announced then.

I have been wondering for a while a way to work Solberg’s name into a DiRT title, but I couldn’t come up with anything that sounds good.
Dirt: Mountain of the Sun? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bogani said:
tbtstt said:
gfRally said:
3:30 pm in UK maybe we’ve been trolled again.
Yeah, it does seem rather late for an announcement. I guess there is still a (perhaps unlikely) chance that CM will post a trailer last thing on a Friday and let us all have a meltdown over the weekend. 
1pm this Monday or the one after, trust me, DiRT Legends will be announced then.

I have been wondering for a while a way to work Solberg’s name into a DiRT title, but I couldn’t come up with anything that sounds good.
Dirt: Mountain of the Sun? 
Dirt: Black Gold of the Sun

:D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYBT90PFmoM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
urgaffel said:
bogani said:
tbtstt said:
gfRally said:
3:30 pm in UK maybe we’ve been trolled again.
Yeah, it does seem rather late for an announcement. I guess there is still a (perhaps unlikely) chance that CM will post a trailer last thing on a Friday and let us all have a meltdown over the weekend. 
1pm this Monday or the one after, trust me, DiRT Legends will be announced then.

I have been wondering for a while a way to work Solberg’s name into a DiRT title, but I couldn’t come up with anything that sounds good.
Dirt: Mountain of the Sun? 
Dirt: Black Gold of the Sun

:D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYBT90PFmoM

OK code breakers, get on it! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bogani said:
urgaffel said:
bogani said:
tbtstt said:
gfRally said:
3:30 pm in UK maybe we’ve been trolled again.
Yeah, it does seem rather late for an announcement. I guess there is still a (perhaps unlikely) chance that CM will post a trailer last thing on a Friday and let us all have a meltdown over the weekend. 
1pm this Monday or the one after, trust me, DiRT Legends will be announced then.

I have been wondering for a while a way to work Solberg’s name into a DiRT title, but I couldn’t come up with anything that sounds good.
Dirt: Mountain of the Sun? 
Dirt: Black Gold of the Sun

:D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYBT90PFmoM

OK code breakers, get on it! 
If only somebody had recently posted a code...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dytut said:
But I think it's just for animal crossing.
Yeah, that Nintendo Direct was an emotional rollercoaster!

uggcf://lbhgh.or/qDj4j9JtKpD
Tricky one that  ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dytut said:
But I think it's just for animal crossing.
Yeah, that Nintendo Direct was an emotional rollercoaster!

uggcf://lbhgh.or/qDj4j9JtKpD
Bad Jamie! BAD! *smacks fingers*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×