DiRTy Gossip Thread

If they keep the physics (definitely) then yea I agree keep the existing rallies from DR but with additional stages and perhaps another 5 rallies on top shouldn't be too much of an ask. Put that in with the long begged for road sweeping mechanic and AI retirements on stage and I believe Codies have a timeless classic on their hands.

I hope that management thing is something to put on or off. Nice for casual gamepkay but borinv when pkaying frequently

I hope that management thing is something to put on or off. Nice for casual gamepkay but borinv when pkaying frequently
That's what a "Quick Rally" mode is for. :)

If they keep the physics (definitely) then yea I agree keep the existing rallies from DR but with additional stages and perhaps another 5 rallies on top shouldn't be too much of an ask. Put that in with the long begged for road sweeping mechanic and AI retirements on stage and I believe Codies have a timeless classic on their hands.
Depends on FIA. They already got into hot water for featuring real life WRC stages in DiRT rally without the license. One would think, that you could use "public" roads freely...

ShodanCat said:
a simple menu system wrapped around a really good rally driving module.

You just described my ideal game...
Are we going to start the menu discussion again? Cuz I will if you want to. :P

KevM said:
I’m quite excited to see what locations we will be getting in the new game! I hope for a return of Finland and Germany, with some vineyard stages! I would also like New Zealand. I have never enjoyed Sweden, but I was playing dirt rally yesterday, and for the first ever I was getting the hand of it. I put in some fastest times on master difficulty and actually enjoyed it for once!
Are we getting a new game??
Probably not, according to everyone else, because of my theories they’ve cancelled the whole thing
Yeah so much peeps got angry because it was showdown 2.

ShodanCat said:
a simple menu system wrapped around a really good rally driving module.

You just described my ideal game...
The problem with D4 for me in this regard was that a lot of the extra stuff was menu options posing as gameplay, and some of them negatively impacted on the core gameplay. (Looking at you, crew chief in a shitty mood. I did all of the work coming up with a partial fix to the busted handling on this car. Who are you to say I can't use my own work and have to do it again?)

Well, I think they should add much more, like tyre wear, realistic damage(power steering issues, overheating and so on) some random element to road surface, like new ruts and rocks every time.   

Flykas said:
Well, I think they should add much more, like tyre wear, realistic damage(power steering issues, overheating and so on) some random element to road surface, like new ruts and rocks every time.   
Yea the realistic damage will be tough as it's it's usually down to licence with the manufacturers. Random elements like ruts and rocks are a worry. It shouldn't be random because then it probably won't make sense and appear gimmicky. If it's a tarmac rally and it's raining for instance then perhaps we can expect mud and some stones on the apex if we are running down the order or doing a second loop of stages.
The problem you get when it becomes random is that it'll end up feeling like that wrc game where you had mud slides and stuff.

Flykas said:
Yea the realistic damage will be tough as it's it's usually down to licence with the manufacturers. Random elements like ruts and rocks are a worry. It shouldn't be random because then it probably won't make sense and appear gimmicky. If it's a tarmac rally and it's raining for instance then perhaps we can expect mud and some stones on the apex if we are running down the order or doing a second loop of stages.
The problem you get when it becomes random is that it'll end up feeling like that wrc game where you had mud slides and stuff.
What? Mud slides? No, I mean like realistically random, some little changes. And they should appear only when playing a new championship or starting a new quick race ect. Like in real life, every year roads of same WRC events are somehwat different. You can't expect that yhe same rock or puddle will be there every year :] 

Flykas said:
Flykas said:
What? Mud slides? No, I mean like realistically random, some little changes. And they should appear only when playing a new championship or starting a new quick race ect. Like in real life, every year roads of same WRC events are somehwat different. You can't expect that yhe same rock or puddle will be there every year :] 
Yes but the problem with it being random is that it would need to not be random at all. As in it would need to be a rock that they've made, a rut that they've dug and eventually that would be a noticed repeated rock in a noticed repeated place and that may remove you from the immersion.

I'm pretty sure Dirt Rally actually had random rocks laying around now and then? 

Nope, It was all part of the scenery. Nothing generated on the fly.
Nope, it had random rock placement.  100%

What do you mean? Those little rocks that were only visible at the start of a stage? It was only a visual effect AND it always looks the same.

But are there any other random rocks? I'm 131 hours (I've been playing for the past two months) in and didn't notice anything like that

Nope, It was all part of the scenery. Nothing generated on the fly.
It had random rocks 100% sure. Those big grey ones. You might see only one per stage or most times none at all. But they were there, CM even confirmed that back then.

OH MY GOD. I've never seen/noticed those random rocks and animals crossing the road. I just took a look at some videos. Do they appear on all detail settings or do I need to turn something up to ultra?

Now I wish codies would turn up animal appearances for the night stages in Rally 2.0. Could you imagine seeing a deer only a few meters in front of you whlist going 200 kph in a Group B car? I've had encounters with animals IRL and they really do pump up your adrenaline!